• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me with my enneatype...

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suspect that if you were a 9, you would agree with me that you're a 9 (or become confused because everyone disagrees and you want to see all of their points of view), therefore you're not a 9, lol.

And I know what you mean about that type shouting out thing, when I type someone, I either work out their MBTI or their Enneagram and that's enough for me. Only one is ever certain, but I never really noticed that trend until you said it then, it never bothered me :blush:.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suspect that if you were a 9, you would agree with me that you're a 9 (or become confused because everyone disagrees and you want to see all of their points of view), therefore you're not a 9, lol.

And I know what you mean about that type shouting out thing, when I type someone, I either work out their MBTI or their Enneagram and that's enough for me. Only one is ever certain, but I never really noticed that trend until you said it then, it never bothered me :blush:.

Well, I am a bit confused. So it's a possibility. ;) I think a lot of people resist type 6 (even though it's supposed to be one of the most common types!) as it sounds "fearful" or "mean" or "not very nice."

I don't think either 6 or 9 are terribly common for INFJs, but they're hardly out of the question. Type 4 tends to be the assumption for INFJ, but though I was drawn to that at first, I figured out pretty quickly that it wasn't me.

My tritype would definitely include 6, 9 and 4, but I'm not sure about the order. ;)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't decide, I really can't. I am a lot more confused over this than I ever have been over my INFJ-ness.

So, if you have an impression of me from this forum in terms of enneatype, please tell me. ;) And please ask questions if you want to get a better idea. And I'm interested in instinctual stackings/tritype as well, of course.

For what it's worth: I've thought for some time that I'm probably 6, and probably 6w5. However, I also identify quite a lot with 9. And oddly, I've tested as 2 quite a few times - I say "oddly" because I just don't identify with the type descriptions. I think this could be due to having strong Fe and having community demands and beliefs which make me reach out to and try to help people. But I can't see myself as a 2.

I identify with a few aspects of some other types (notably 1, 4 and 5), but I think it highly unlikely that I'm anything other than 6 or 9. But I am open to any comments or suggestions!!

Thanks!

Well, this is funny. I don't know you or enneatypes well enough to determine it at all. But after seeing that it was you who wrote this thread, my very first thought was, "6w5? or 5w6?"... I don't know why.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I am a bit confused. So it's a possibility. ;) I think a lot of people resist type 6 (even though it's supposed to be one of the most common types!) as it sounds "fearful" or "mean" or "not very nice."
I don't think either 6 or 9 are terribly common for INFJs, but they're hardly out of the question. Type 4 tends to be the assumption for INFJ, but though I was drawn to that at first, I figured out pretty quickly that it wasn't me.

My tritype would definitely include 6, 9 and 4, but I'm not sure about the order. ;)

I don't think so, my mom seems like a 6w5 to me. She's an esfj. I think of 6w5 ESFJ being a "buddy" type. She likes to get stuff done, she cares deeply about the family, extremely loyal and NEEDED X100! If it wasn't for her, we'd all be homeless or completely out of touch with reality. (I'm an only child, but I'm thinking of extended family as well.) She needs a lot of extra support though, bouncing stuff off everyone. Very diplomatic. I'm a fan of that type.

Every type has it's lousy side, too.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6s have strong anger issues too, being angry does'nt mean you're 9.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Huh, silk. I just realized you had the enneatype written in your signature. I must have seen it at some point and had it in my head.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think so, my mom seems like a 6w5 to me. She's an esfj. I think of 6w5 ESFJ being a "buddy" type. She likes to get stuff done, she cares deeply about the family, extremely loyal and NEEDED X100! If it wasn't for her, we'd all be homeless or completely out of touch with reality. (I'm an only child, but I'm thinking of extended family as well.) She needs a lot of extra support though, bouncing stuff off everyone. Very diplomatic. I'm a fan of that type.

Thanks for the input! And yeah, I agree... I think there is just a perception that 6 is somehow not a very pleasant type.

I mean, not many people on this forum identify as 6 (there are tons of 4 and 5) and yet it's supposed to be one of the most common types (especially as it's represented by both phobic and counterphobic.) But as you say, all types have good and bad.

There are aspects of both 6 and 9 that I really identify with, and other that I really don't, which has confused things more. However, one thing that makes me think I'm unlikely to be 9 is that all the 9 descriptions talk a lot about "merging" and "forgetting oneself" and "stubbornness" and I don't identify with those.

I think the 6s want to claim me, and the 9s want to claim me. ;)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for the input! And yeah, I agree... I think there is just a perception that 6 is somehow not a very pleasant type.

I mean, not many people on this forum identify as 6 (there are tons of 4 and 5) and yet it's supposed to be one of the most common types (especially as it's represented by both phobic and counterphobic.) But as you say, all types have good and bad.

There are aspects of both 6 and 9 that I really identify with, and other that I really don't, which has confused things more. However, one thing that makes me think I'm unlikely to be 9 is that all the 9 descriptions talk a lot about "merging" and "forgetting oneself" and "stubbornness" and I don't identify with those.

I think the 6s want to claim me, and the 9s want to claim me. ;)

:yes: I think you seem very articulate and self aware. (I don't know if this has to do with enneatypes) but I don't see "forgetting oneself" as a trait for you at all. I just wrote that thread about "make your own description" which mentions that it seems like enneatypes do a really good job at describing people, but a person can relate to pieces of all of them, (or many of them,) so if you want to use them as labels unto themselves, it becomes more difficult. Hence, tritypes I suppose.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Right/

A Sp/Sx 9 is a guy like Joey from Friends. I don't think it fits.

LOL...I love Joey, but if you're right and he's an sp/sx 9, then no. ;)

I'm fairly sure I'm an sp/sx in any case. But again...not quite sure! ;)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

FYI, the Riso 6w7 is called the Buddy.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
FYI, the Riso 6w7 is called the Buddy.

Huh..:yes:
Just another case of me making something up and you knowing the actual term/fact. We should both trade in our S and N cards.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ :laugh:

i would like to trade in my "buddy" label for "roadtripper". i am a good roadtrip companion: relatively patient, determined, creative, analytical, warm, fun, happy to lead or follow, adventurous but will make sure we are well strapped-in (to seatbelt or parachute harness), and can drive like a bat out of hell when necessary. :)

that, or 4w3's "aristocrat". but i am really not openly snooty enough ;)