• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Giant Compilation of MBTI-Enneagram Type Descriptions

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
what it says in the title, gaiz.

let's take two prototypes: INTP 5w4, and INFP 4w5. how are these two going to differ from INTP 4w5 and INFP 5w4? an INTP 4 is probably gonna look pretty INFPish, and the INFP 5 is probably gonna look more INTPish. what're going to be the differences, the shades of subtlety between the two?

i think it'd be cool to compile some type descriptions for the sake of curiosity. it'd be awesome to have all... oh, 1728 types resulting from MBTI/enneagram with instinct and wing variants, but starting with just a handful would work. if you feel like contributing your type or other types you feel like you know well, i'll add them to a big list in this first post.

i'm going to throw down a few to begin with, but feel more than welcome to tell me if you think they're off. i've kept them all consistent because that was easier for me, but i'd love to have people of those types explain things in their own words.

kthx

:heart:

===

INFP 1w9 sx

The Mystic Hero: the sexual INFP 1w9 combined grace, innocence and purity, with strength, conviction and virile gut center energy to form the ultimate hero type. these types are the paladins and knights for justice are trully the joan of arcs of their sphere of influence and can summon tremendous amounts of strength and charisma when passionately voicing their convictions. unlike most charismatic leaders however, the energy of the INFP 1w9 is much more feminine and ethereal. this bizarre combination can often lead to the INFP 1w9 being viewed as a sort of angellic figure or mythical incarnation due to it's apparent flawlessness and balance of masculine and feminine energies.

INFP 2w3

Individualistic but at the same time very much about helping people, giving advice and social rules.

INFP 4w3

focus on the intrapersonal and discovery; introspective and aesthetic. escape to fantasy and emotion with emphasis on recognition. more outwardly engaged, less trouble with social interaction.

INFP 4w5

focus on the intrapersonal and discovery; introspective and aesthetic. escape to fantasy and emotion with emphasis on intellectualism. more calm and rational, less dramatic.

INFP 5w4

the archetypal iconoclast. focus on the intrapersonal and discovery; introspective and aesthetic. escape to logic and critical analysis with a touch of fantasy. more theoretical, less trouble getting bogged down in emotion.

INTP 4w5

focus on logic and discovery; introspective and aesthetic. escape to fantasy and emotion with emphasis on intellectualism. more creative, less trouble expressing emotion.

INTP 5w4

focus on logic and discovery; intellectual and introspective. escape to logic and critical analysis with a touch of fantasy. more theoretical, less trouble getting bogged down in emotion.

INTP 5w6

focus on logic and discovery; intellectual and perceptive. escape to logic and critical analysis, with an emphasis on security. more disciplined, less trouble with outward engagement.

ENFJ 3w4 sp

Alternately warm-embracing and icy-distant, a social leader but individualist. A nonchalant overachiever who keeps inside worries very hidden. Concerned with being impressive and attaining luxury, but never only as a facade.

ENFJ 5w6

Social loner, I like people but sometimes I want to live in my head. Someone told me that I was taught "not to feel" so I have a bland demeanor. I have a very analytical, emotional nature.

Last edited:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
one of my favorite people that i met on this forum was either intp 4w5 or infp 5w4 i'm not sure which one he settled on but he always seemed like an infp/intp hybrid to me. he seemed equally ti and fi very cerebral, artsy and emotional...interesting character for sure.. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP 1w9 sx, The Mystic Hero: the sexual INFP 1w9 combined grace, innocence and purity, with strength, conviction and virile gut center energy to form the ultimate hero type. these types are the paladins and knights for justice are trully the joan of arcs of their sphere of influence and can summon tremendous amounts of strength and charisma when passionately voicing their convictions. unlike most charismatic leaders however, the energy of the INFP 1w9 is much more feminine and ethereal. this bizarre combination can often lead to the INFP 1w9 being viewed as a sort of angellic figure or mythical incarnation due to it's apparent flawlessness and balance of masculine and feminine energies.
PS: yes, I'm being biased and grandiose, in case you were too much of an imbecile to realize.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i don't have a problem with overexaggerated types as long as we do it for all of them :laugh:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
one of my favorite people that i met on this forum was either intp 4w5 or infp 5w4 i'm not sure which one he settled on but he always seemed like an infp/intp hybrid to me. he seemed equally ti and fi very cerebral, artsy and emotional...interesting character for sure.. :)

yeah! :)

i find the "hybrid" types fascinating. like if you had an ESFJ 7 and an ESFP 6. they'd probably end up looking more alike one another than usual. or ISTJ 2 and ISFJ 1. i wonder about their "energies", you know? INTP 5 is such a clear energy and INFP 4 is, but there's that funny overlap in the middle...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
totally i think i like the hybrids too! haha being confused is entertaining for us enfps.. :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
totally i think i like the hybrids too! haha being confused is entertaining for us enfps.. :D

it's so true!! the more complicated, the more interesting :laugh:

G

Glycerine

I am a hybrid. :) Good idea for the thread. My mom is an e 2w3 INFP. Individualistic but at the same time very much about helping people, giving advice and social rules (sometimes moreso than I am). For me, I am a social loner, I like people but sometimes I want to live in my head. Someone told me that I was taught "not to feel" so I have a bland demeanor. I have a very analytical, emotional nature.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't have a problem with overexaggerated types as long as we do it for all of them :laugh:

well, I'm not going to be responsible for 288 type combinations, but I think that's a good idea :yes:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am a hybrid. :) Good idea for the thread. My mom is an e 2w3 INFP. Individualistic but at the same time very much about helping people, giving advice and social rules (sometimes moreso than I am). For me, I am a social loner, I like people but sometimes I want to live in my head. Someone told me that I was taught "not to feel" so I have a bland demeanor. I have a very analytical, emotional nature.

@ bold :hifive:

thanks!

it's interesting to compare you to an ENFJ 3 friend of mine - tried to describe him in the OP. very analytical inside and cool/composed on the outside as well. i think of him as being very Ni heavy for an ENFJ. another ENFJ friend of mine is much more Fe. do you have pretty strong Ni too?