• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Tritype Titles

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God, I love this place, why have I so absented myself from felicity. Yeah, so I've spent a little chunk of discretionary income on that woman and man who do the tritype thing but you have to pay for every word that falls from their lips ... paid ten bucks for the tritype test and got 459, The Contemplative, and they've got it basically right except they evaluate everything on the basis of ... not understanding the value (oh, wait, I'm a 4, I guess it's my lot in life to feel misunderstood...crap). We're SHY? I'm not shy, I'll give you SHY, and she talks about us "hiding." Not HIDING, it's valuing PRIVACY. Anyway, Viridian, you made it all better. "The Undine," YES. Somebody DOES understand. Ok, now I can go back to contemplating my naval. *blowing kisses to Viridian*

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
No, you're simply wrong.

Admit it, and the problem will be solved.

OK, I'm wrong. I thought I was doing something other forumers'd like, but I've realized the errors of my ways. I apologize. :sorry:

Now, I'm off to do those Hail Marys.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
*ahem* Would anyone mind explaining to me what a tritype is? :/

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh for sure. And there could be this big battle between the sacred enneagram followers and the mbti/jung heretics.

Hahahaha, that would actually be really funny.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*ahem* Would anyone mind explaining to me what a tritype is? :/

so the enneagram's divided up like this

1390763.jpg

"gut"/instinctive types - how we use our instincts to deal with anger
8 acts on instinct to vent anger
9 detaches from instinct to dissipate anger
1 represses instinct to control anger

"heart"/image types - how we use our feelings to deal with shame
2 gets people to feel for them to control shame
3 represses feelings to deny shame
4 amplifies feelings to idealize shame

head types - how we our thoughts to deal with fear
5 builds thinking to withdraw from fear
6 distrusts thinking to protect themself from fear
7 indulges in thinking to avoid fear

so even though you have just one primary type, and most people choose a wing, tritype theory basically gets you to choose one number from each of the three categories, which gives a more "in depth" version of your typing. some people find it too much and ridiculous, others think it's clarifying.

H

Hate

OK, I'm wrong. I thought I was doing something other forumers'd like, but I've realized the errors of my ways. I apologize. :sorry:

If this isn't sarcasm, then I just lost whatever little respect I had for you.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

Be thankful I didn't use "The Hippie". :newwink:

If this isn't sarcasm, then I just lost whatever little respect I had for you.

I'm easily guilt-tripped... :cry: Isn't there any way I can earn your respect and Monsieur Gavroche's?

In any case, the list is still there for anyone to look up and I'm still here to explan my half-baked nomenclature, and that's what's important, right?

B

brainheart

so the enneagram's divided up like this

1390763.jpg

"gut"/instinctive types - how we use our instincts to deal with anger
8 acts on instinct to vent anger
9 detaches from instinct to dissipate anger
1 represses instinct to control anger

"heart"/image types - how we use our feelings to deal with shame
2 gets people to feel for them to control shame
3 represses feelings to deny shame
4 amplifies feelings to idealize shame

head types - how we our thoughts to deal with fear
5 builds thinking to withdraw from fear
6 distrusts thinking to protect themself from fear
7 indulges in thinking to avoid fear

so even though you have just one primary type, and most people choose a wing, tritype theory basically gets you to choose one number from each of the three categories, which gives a more "in depth" version of your typing. some people find it too much and ridiculous, others think it's clarifying.

So why do the gut types get a whole person for their representative graphic? That's f@$ed up. I am highly offended.

But I do like these explanations of types. Very straight forward and easy to understand.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There are a whole lot of blanket statements on this thread, and not a lot of elaboration. That's what separates trolling from discussion. And almost everyone here has been trolling.

Which is sad, because you all obviously wanted to make a point. But saying "You're wrong, I'm right, just admit it" or "Your point is stupid" or even just " :rofl1: " does not do anything to make your point. It just makes you look like an arrogant jerk. If you REALLY wanted to make your point, you would be as detailed and clear as possible, so that the other person would know exactly WHY you think their view is incorrect, and exactly WHAT is different/better in your view.

Which is why I feel kind of sad for Viridian and the people on this thread who HAVEN'T been trolling. Although they did make the best of it with the pillow fight thing, which was really cute :)

In short: :dont:

Jaguar

There are a whole lot of blanket statements on this thread, and not a lot of elaboration. That's what separates trolling from discussion. And almost everyone here has been trolling.

False.

B

brainheart

... paid ten bucks for the tritype test and got 459, The Contemplative, and they've got it basically right except they evaluate everything on the basis of ... not understanding the value (oh, wait, I'm a 4, I guess it's my lot in life to feel misunderstood...crap). We're SHY? I'm not shy, I'll give you SHY, and she talks about us "hiding." Not HIDING, it's valuing PRIVACY. Anyway, Viridian, you made it all better. "The Undine," YES. Somebody DOES understand. Ok, now I can go back to contemplating my naval. *blowing kisses to Viridian*

Yes, this drives me nuts as well. I am not shy, I just like being alone. I always got this as a kid and now my son gets it. It's so obvious to me he's irritated when people call him shy. He just doesn't feel the need to befriend everyone on the planet. The hiding thing, though... I know that's an issue for me.

G

Ginkgo

Which is sad, because you all obviously wanted to make a point. But saying "You're wrong, I'm right, just admit it" or "Your point is stupid" or even just " :rofl1: " does not do anything to make your point. It just makes you look like an arrogant jerk. If you REALLY wanted to make your point, you would be as detailed and clear as possible, so that the other person would know exactly WHY you think their view is incorrect, and exactly WHAT is different/better in your view.

Which is why I feel kind of sad for Viridian and the people on this thread who HAVEN'T been trolling. Although they did make the best of it with the pillow fight thing, which was really cute :)

In short: :dont:

You-cant-handle-the-truth.jpg

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Yes, this drives me nuts as well. I am not shy, I just like being alone. I always got this as a kid and now my son gets it. It's so obvious to me he's irritated when people call him shy. He just doesn't feel the need to befriend everyone on the planet. The hiding thing, though... I know that's an issue for me.

Given that shyness is usually situational and originated by insecurity, I also find it odd that so many Enneagram/MBTI descriptions attach the term to certain types... Plus, I'd say Sixes are a bit more likely to be "shy" in the traditional sense than Fours, who usually have a hard time expressing what they feel with precision... At least, that's my analysis. :thinking: