• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Tritype Titles

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Be thankful I didn't use "The Hippie". :newwink:

I'm anything but a hippie :cry:

So why do the gut types get a whole person for their representative graphic? That's f@$ed up. I am highly offended.

But I do like these explanations of types. Very straight forward and easy to understand.

Better yet, why does the title say Head Versus Heart And Our Gut Reactions like the gut is a tag along? -.-

Last edited:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But I do like these explanations of types. Very straight forward and easy to understand.

thank you :) i try to simplify it for myself... lol... i like to understand the "essence"...

Now that's what I call making a point.

Yes, thank you.

;)

i mean, the heart-head-gut division names are really kind of stupid. i get their origins, and i guess it's cute to have a body theme, but personally i'd just call them something like "image-information-instinct" (the thing each set of types is hung up on) if i were riso-hudson... alas... i am not...

i'm surprised this thread is... "controversial"... though... it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to label? lots of sites have names for the types. riso and hudson themselves give names.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
i mean, the heart-head-gut division names are really kind of stupid. i get their origins, and i guess it's cute to have a body theme, but personally i'd just call them something like "image-information-instinct" (the thing each set of types is hung up on) if i were riso-hudson... alas... i am not...

i'm surprised this thread is... "controversial"... though... it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to label? lots of sites have names for the types. riso and hudson themselves give names.

Aren't the fixations "image", "anxiety" and "anger"? In each triad, I think, there's a type that overexpresses it (4, 6, 8), one that suppresses it (2, 7, 1), and one that underexpresses it (3, 5, 9), so to speak.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which is sad, because you all obviously wanted to make a point. But saying "You're wrong, I'm right, just admit it" or "Your point is stupid" or even just " :rofl1: " does not do anything to make your point. It just makes you look like an arrogant jerk. If you REALLY wanted to make your point, you would be as detailed and clear as possible, so that the other person would know exactly WHY you think their view is incorrect, and exactly WHAT is different/better in your view.

Listen. I've ever made my point and explained my opinion in a few posts, since I made that, I canfeel free to act as an arrogant jerk as much as I want. It is a delightful pleasure that I can't resist to. But it is also more probable that I find acting like an arrogant jerk funnyer than really make my point, because since people have their opinion, I can't change it.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Viridian said:
Aren't the fixations "image", "anxiety" and "anger"? In each triad, I think, there's a type that overexpresses it (4, 6, 8), one that suppresses it (2, 7, 1), and one that underexpresses it (3, 5, 9), so to speak.

yeah, i've also seen them referred to as shame, fear, and anger. the reason i say image-information-instinct is because those are the "tools" each type manipulates to deal with their issues. i like the symmetry of what you're talking about... but, for example, i wouldn't say 3 underexpresses image, would you? it seems like they totally coat themselves in image. given, i'm totally no expert. i've also seen emotions-ideas-actions, relating to the foci.

speed not to be a jerk, you've totally helped me a ton with the enneagram, but i'm not sure i understand your dislike of tritype completely either.

Speed Gavroche said:
The problem is that you seem to consider enneagram as a behaviorist system, but it is not. An enneatype is a structure through wich you solve information , and you have 1 not 3. Assuming that, you don't need to think that you have three types to embraces the nuances of your personality, one is enough, assuming that enneagram does'nt say that "8s are brutish village idiots who can't balance with their head", probably somme shitty ressources on the internet say that but that has nothing to do with the orginal model.

that's true, but couldn't that also be said for any division? like with the MBTI, you could just say that i'm an E, which would be true, or a Ne dom, or an ENF... but there's definitely a difference between me and an ENFJ, or me and an ESFP.

i mean, you've seen how much trouble i've had relating to an enneatype. there's no one type i've just read and been like, OMG, that's ME. so it's kind of nice in my mind to have further divisions. does it really harm anything? at some point it's just going to get so nuanced that most people won't give a shit. like subwings and whatever.

Plus, each enneatypes have something in common with every others, for example, if you are a 7, you can believe to have 1 in your "trifix" because of the common points between you and the one, or to have 3 because of the common points between you and Type 3 etc, wich makes the determination of tritype virtually impossible and totally based on subjectives impressions.

but that's only if you accept integration and disintegration, isn't it? i've read from people who are not so fond of that. i still lack a clear understanding of why the numbers progress as they do. why is perfectionist one followed by helpful two, helpful two by achieving three... i've currently got myself ID'd as 6-3-9 (thanks to your help!) but honestly i don't relate much to either 2 or 4, so i have a hard time seeing myself as either other number image-wise. anger-wise maybe i could be an 8w7. i dunno. it just doesn't seem like too big of a deal.

isn't type mainly based on subjective impression regardless?

not to argue with you, i just am not sure i understand how tritype is more harmful than any other in-depth divisions.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
8-7-2 sx-so: The Gigolo :drool:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
yeah, i've also seen them referred to as shame, fear, and anger. the reason i say image-information-instinct is because those are the "tools" each type manipulates to deal with their issues. i like the symmetry of what you're talking about... but, for example, i wouldn't say 3 underexpresses image, would you? it seems like they totally coat themselves in image. given, i'm totally no expert. i've also seen emotions-ideas-actions, relating to the foci.

Yeah, I kinda put it in a boneheaded way... :doh: I meant to say that 3s neglect feelings, since they're so task-focused, while 2 suppress them ("It wouldn't be altruistic on my part!") and 4 over-express them ("I have such a rich emotional landscape to express!").

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ ahh okay. so something like...

2 represses shame
3 denies shame
4 indulges shame

5 represses fear
6 indulges fear
7 denies fear

8 indulges anger
9 denies anger
1 represses anger

which gives us

repression types: 2, 5, 1
denial types: 3, 7, 9
indulgence types: 4, 6, 8

i wish they came out more symmetrical, lol

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

2 represses shame
3 denies shame
4 indulges shame

5 represses fear
6 indulges fear
7 denies fear

8 indulges anger
9 denies anger
1 represses anger

which gives us

Pretty much like that, I think, only you switch 5 and 7 around - 7s suppress their anxiety by seeking overstimulation as a way of avoiding paralyzing thoughts, while 5s are more like, "Those who think things through do not get stuck on fickle loops".

Those are not the Hornevian Triads, by the way, it's a different classification.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pretty much like that, I think, only you switch 5 and 7 around - 7s suppress their anxiety by seeking overstimulation as a way of avoiding paralyzing thoughts, while 5s are more like, "Those who think things through do not get stuck on fickle loops".

Those are not the Hornevian Triads, by the way, it's a different classification.

hm, interesting.

maybe we should start a triads thread and talk about all this business in there instead of hijacking the tritype thread :) though speed might be liking it... lol ;)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
incidentally, i found this.

fauvre's tritype titles:

Tritype Archetype
125, 251, 512 The Mentor
126, 261, 612 The Supporter
127, 271, 712 The Teacher
135, 351, 513 The Technical Expert
136, 361, 613 The Taskmaster
137, 371, 713 The Systems Builder
145, 451, 514 The Researcher
146, 416, 614 The Philosopher
147, 417, 714 The Visionary
258, 582, 825 The Strategist
259, 592, 925 The Problem Solver
268, 682, 826 The Rescuer
269, 692, 926 The Good Samaritan
278, 782, 827 The Free Spirit
279, 792, 927 The Peacemaker
358, 583, 835 The Solution Master
359, 593, 935 The Thinker
368, 683, 836 The Justice Fighter
369, 639, 936 The Mediator
378, 738, 837 The Mover and Shaker
379, 739, 937 The Ambassador
458, 548, 845 The Scholar
459, 549, 945 The Contemplative
468, 648, 846 The Truth Teller
469, 649, 946 The Seeker
478, 748, 847 The Messenger
479, 749, 947 The Gentle Spirit

B

brainheart

Contemplative-researcher fits quite well for this particular person here. Seems like you should start off Your Official Title (ha) with your dominant type moniker, however: from now on I'm The Bohemian Contemplative Researcher. You may call me BCR for short.

rav3n

2 represses shame
3 denies shame
4 indulges shame

5 represses fear
6 indulges fear
7 denies fear

8 indulges anger
9 denies anger
1 represses anger

which gives us

For fun, my tritype with wings, in order:
  1. Indulges anger while denying fear.
  2. Denies shame and very rarely, indulges shame.
  3. Represses fear and sometimes, indulges fear.

:laugh:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Contemplative-researcher fits quite well for this particular person here. Seems like you should start off Your Official Title (ha) with your dominant type moniker, however: from now on I'm The Bohemian Contemplative Researcher. You may call me BCR for short.

I like it!
I'm also weirdly fascinated with their moniker "Triple Withdrawn" for 459.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
8-3-5: the overpowering narcissist.