• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

EnneaThought For The Day

Do You Subscribe to EnneaThought For The Day?

• Total voters

wolfy

awsm
How is anyone going to vote for the first one in the thread? Sounds interesting... is it for your own type?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wanted to subscribe until I realized that they were asking for personal information like my full name and my city of residence. Why do you need to know that stuff if I'm just getting an email?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wanted to subscribe until I realized that they were asking for personal information like my full name and my city of residence. Why do you need to know that stuff if I'm just getting an email?

Well, you could try saying you are micky mouse and that you live in orlando and see if it will take it

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i get them...mine are kinda horrible sometimes tho...like remember sometimes other people have interesting things to say too so...listen every once and awhile...haha oh god...7s sound like such assholes!

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hadn't heard of it, but I think Don Riso's book of affirmations (I think he's affiliated with the enneagram institute) is pretty helpful and dead on.

51YGKptXjUL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How is anyone going to vote for the first one in the thread? Sounds interesting... is it for your own type?

Yes, you give it your type and it emails you a friendly little reminder or word of wisdom each day. Good stuff.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
If it were a website that posted a thought each day like a FB update sort of thing, I'd probably suscribe to it. Im lazy about reading emails though.. even ones I like to read.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'm going to start posting these because they are interesting. I'd never have thought about it but this is probably true.

Your Type Eight EnneaThoughtsm for April 23rd—

A major feature of your personality is the tendency to allow getting the job done to lead you away from honesty and integrity. Watch for this in yourself today. (Personality Types, 316)

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'm going to start posting these because they are interesting.

I'd thought about starting a thread to post five's in regularly, but I'm concerned about copyright infringement. It's one thing to start a thread with someone else's written work, but it's another thing to maintain a thread with someone else's work (where at least half the posts would probably have 'property' of the Enneagram Institute). Does anyone suppose that would be a problem, if the site was cited regularly?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd thought about starting a thread to post five's in regularly, but I'm concerned about copyright infringement. It's one thing to start a thread with someone else's written work, but it's another thing to maintain a thread with someone else's work (where at least half the posts would probably have 'property' of the Enneagram Institute). Does anyone suppose that would be a problem, if the site was cited regularly?

Oh good point. That is a problem I think.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
here's mine from today :)

Your Type Seven EnneaThought for the Day:

A major feature of your personality is the tendency to be too talkative and say anything that pops into your head. Watch for this in yourself today. (Personality Types, 276)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A major feature of your personality is the tendency to be too talkative and say anything that pops into your head. Watch for this in yourself today. (Personality Types, 276)

:laugh: That's kind of funny for an ENFP 7.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Remember that healthy Nines become actualized and remain healthy by learning to recognize their own value and by investing time and energy in their own development, as we see in healthy Threes, the Nine's Direction of Growth. (The Wisdom of the Enneagram, 337)

Not bad.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for posting this thread highlander. :) I'd signed up for the emails (didn't know about them prior to the thread) even though I rarely checked my email anymore, and I've actually been checking it everyday just to get the enneathought. They're quite good. Most of them, anyway.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still like this thing. Some emails are good. Some are nonsense. Overall, I'm still a fan. Here is what it told me the other day (for 6):

"A major feature of your personality is the tendency to give unquestioned loyalty, making it extremely difficult for you to choose what is right for yourself. Watch for this tendency in yourself today. (Personality Types, 235)"

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bump!

Just subscribed to this and it is sometimes amazing, sometimes unintentionally hilarious, and sometimes "yeah this isn't news to me." But it's great enough that I stay subscribed.

My e7 friend and I have been enjoying making parody EnneaThoughts recently :laugh:

Two examples:

Enneagram Seven: "We're just a simulation! :) Or a choose your own adventure! :) Or a flip book! :) Or two lost souls swimming in a ... nope, delete that one :) Life is a playground! :) "

Enneagram One: "Feeling down? Utilize your connection to 7 and 4 to learn to enjoy splashing around in your pool of deep and ever-abiding shame. Consider adding a water slide!"

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bump!

Just subscribed to this and it is sometimes amazing, sometimes unintentionally hilarious, and sometimes "yeah this isn't news to me." But it's great enough that I stay subscribed.

My e7 friend and I have been enjoying making parody EnneaThoughts recently :laugh:

Two examples:

Enneagram Seven: "We're just a simulation! :) Or a choose your own adventure! :) Or a flip book! :) Or two lost souls swimming in a ... nope, delete that one :) Life is a playground! :) "

Enneagram One: "Feeling down? Utilize your connection to 7 and 4 to learn to enjoy splashing around in your pool of deep and ever-abiding shame. Consider adding a water slide!"

The link to the EnneaThought page doesn't work right now due to the fact that they are rebuilding the site.