• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneatypes as children

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
does anyone have any information on enneatypes as children?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do a search for soul child. that was really interesting. i believe it was posted before you joined us.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do a search for soul child. that was really interesting. i believe it was posted before you joined us.

does that mean that as a child you acted more like your growth? like an 8 would be 2-ish as a child. if that were the case, if would make a LOT of sense

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
does that mean that as a child you acted more like your growth? like an 8 would be 2-ish as a child. if that were the case, if would make a LOT of sense

are you asking this after having read it?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
are you asking this after having read it?

yeah. I'm not sure if the soul child was necessarily refering to types as children, but if would make sense if it was

VagrantFarce

yeah. I'm not sure if the soul child was necessarily refering to types as children, but if would make sense if it was

"Soul Child" is just a bullshit name for the direction of integration - I'm not sure it's meant to describe how you were as a child, but instead describe a part of your personality that you have trouble accepting.

http://enneagram-ohio.com/lifestories-issue25.htm said:
The first path is to awaken the soul at the primary Points on the archetypal map. That is the path up the face of the mountain. The more familiar one is what we know as the Path of Integration. As we begin moving up our levels of development within our personality type, we begin to contact what Riso and Hudson call the Security Point, and what Sandra Maitri names the Soul Child. In both cases, they are speaking about the lower to average levels of our Point of Integration. Instead of first expressing this Point in a highly developed way, we find ourselves acting out less appealing behaviors. Maitri suggests that our challenge is to accept and embrace this part of ourselves that was unacceptable in our early lives. By doing so, we can begin to move into the higher levels of development of this Point and support the fulfillment of the personality as it begins to integrate consciously with the soul.

The following summary is taken from the appendix of Maitri’s The Spiritual Dimensions of the Enneagram.

The Soul Child of the Nine wants attention, to be in the spotlight (Three)

By acknowledging and accepting pushiness and drive to success, transform exhibitionism into sincere RECOGNITION OF BEING one’s own person

The Soul Child of the Three is inwardly shy, timid, self-doubting (Six)

By accepting insecurity and holding the child, transform fear into INNER CALM and effortlessness, INNER CONFIDENCE in ability to persevere & bounce back

The Soul Child of the Six wants to avoid the world, and to be comfortable and entertained (Nine)

By doing nothing to find and fix problems, transforms worry into realization that “I am the same as all that exists” and finds TRUE PEACE

The Soul Child of the One wants to play, have a good time, indulge (Seven)

By allowing pleasure-seeking, turn focus away from what is wrong with everything and discovers SIMPLE HAPPINESS and APPRECIATION OF LIFE

The Soul Child of the Seven is inwardly miserly, withholding, withdrawing (Five)

By allowing inner emptiness and avaricious, transforms gluttony into experiential understanding that there is ENOUGH and a true belief that ALL IS WELL

The Soul Child of the Five dreams of being lustily immersed in life and of “getting even” (Eight)

By allowing the bully and bigot, transforms into an embodiment of belly and heart, leading to COURAGE and the belief that life is an adventure

The Soul Child of the Eight is inwardly needy and clingy, a lonely child fearing rejection and wanting to be close (2)

By allowing neediness and pain, heart can open again and feel genuinely CONNECTED

The Soul Child of the Two is inwardly envious of other kids getting what they want, self-pitying (Four)

By putting themselves first, begin to respond to own impulses, fill own needs, set limits with others, become more CENTERED in SELF than self-centered

The Soul Child of the Four is inwardly bossy, pushy, critical of others who don’t follow the rules (One)

By accepting their need to be right and to control, begin to see INHERENT PERFECTION in things as they are, including themselves

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Amazon.com has a book called The Enneagram of Parenting: The 9 Types of Children and How to Raise Them Successfully

wolfy

awsm

By acknowledging and accepting pushiness and drive to success, transform exhibitionism into sincere RECOGNITION OF BEING one’s own person

This one rings true of me as a kid. The other list not at all.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My Soul Child sounds equally 4 and 6.

Wait. No the fuck it doesn't. I'm DEFINITELY a 6. I just saw the part where it said "inwardly bossy and critical."

I didn't see the "follow rules" part. Fuck rules.

I'm a 6, hip hip hooray.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
However, now I could sound like a 4 or 6 actual child, rather than a "soul child."

*hates enneagram*

ahhh...i just read 6 child maybe i'm a 6w7 too! and not a 7w6 i's so confused!!

hatin the eneagram with you

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
However, now I could sound like a 4 or 6 actual child, rather than a "soul child."

*hates enneagram*

i have a suspicion all NFP kids are gonna sound at least a little like the 4 child.

maybe i just am missing something, but i don't sound like any of these kids as far as i know. i was socially quiet but adventurous, very curious, sweet but short temper, imaginative and active. i had intense emotions but not much desire to dwell in them. i had dual obsessions with being special/thebest and with finding a "something" (toy/necklace/role/song/etc) to "complete" who i was.

3/4/6/7 hybrid :laugh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
i have a suspicion all NFP kids are gonna sound at least a little like the 4 child.

maybe i just am missing something, but i don't sound like any of these kids as far as i know. i was socially quiet but adventurous, very curious, sweet but short temper, imaginative and active. i had intense emotions but not much desire to dwell in them. i had dual obsessions with being special/thebest and with finding a "something" (toy/necklace/role/song/etc) to "complete" who i was.

3/4/6/7 hybrid :laugh:

Yeah with the 4 I don't relate to the always dwelling in woe or failures, to the point of not participating in life. I was actually a little instigator at times, and I would say aside from major tragedies (my grandmother dying and the first boy I kissed committing suicide) I was a reasonably happy and resilient child. That dwelling woeful child wasn't me over all. I just relate to the whole sensitive/imaginative/if you criticize me you don't love me kind of thing.

I actually sound much more 6, except none of my early experiences "put me on edge." My grandparents took very, very good care of me in the sense of providing stability and material well-being. Unless it's referring to the stress I felt that I can't remember when I was a little baby and my parents were divorcing and I was adopted by my grandparents.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

*hates enneagram*

:yes: The child descriptions for 4, 5, 6, and 7 fit somewhat, but none really quite match. It's a cool concept, but it gets tricky very easily.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was a hybrid of 8 and 4 with a little bit of 9 and 5

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/28823-soul-child-type-nine-point-three.html

Which is why I am always reminded of why I am a nine. Though, I don't think I have integrated myself with my soul child just yet.

And if this doesn't get any deeper.

http://www.netplaces.com/enneagram/enneagram-type-nine-peaceful-lamb/

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

This one rings true of me as a kid. The other list not at all.

I think this may be a 9w8 thing since 9w1's barely have any connection to 3. The 9 communities are often filled with 9w1s that complain about all the chances that they missed at being a success.