• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Video examples of enneatypes

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I feel like he does have a conflicted view of authority. now, I'm reading completely between the lines here, but, for all his charisma and leadership capabilities, his underlying motives seem to be insecure and confused and they manifest themselves in a very (unhealthy) counterphobic 6 manner

But...that's the protagonist, not Durden. I believe they're supposed to be considered as separate characters?

VagrantFarce

I don't identify at all with the 8w9 (so?) posted; that's comatose!
I'm a tad more vivacious and mentally alert.

Edit: Sean Penn seemed soft spoken, mentally challenged, and extremely unsure of himself. Overall, a weak presence. He just doesn't fit any enneagram type 8 I've ever seen. Lots of slow incoherent stuttering and slurring going on there; poor guy. That's not intended to insult anyone that's mentally challenged. It's to consider that it's tough to type people that are and Sean Penn is clearly impaired in the video example. Maybe he's on drugs?

No one is going to be big and loud on the Charlie Rose show, but this guy does have a reputation:

[youtube=sF8TfwBcnUE]asd[/youtube]

[youtube=ml3A4zrQjrc]asd[/youtube]

[youtube=_-Py9qv7V9U]ads[/youtube]

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8w7 sx/sp Jillian Michaels

8w9 sp/sx Princess Cornelia

9w1 sx/sp Enya

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8w7 Sp/Sx vs 8w9 Sx/So: Batman vs Bane.

4w3 Sp/So vs 6w5 Sx/So: Buffy vs Spike

4w3 Sp/So vs 6w7 Sx/So: Buffy vs Faith

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
here's an interesting one. ISTJ 7w8 sp/sx

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8w7 sx/sp and 5w4 sx/sp

8w7 sp/sx

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tarantino is a 7w8 So/Sx.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1w9 sx/so INFP vs 1w9 sx/so INFJ and 7w6 so/sp ESTP (ironically, the actors of the two 1w9s are both 7s lol)

VagrantFarce

what makes him social as opposed to self preservation?

He's so eager to ingratiate himself with everyone around him. Just pick an interview at random, it's all over him.

What makes him self-preservation?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's so eager to ingratiate himself with everyone around him. Just pick an interview at random, it's all over him.

What makes him self-preservation?

his movies have a theme of survival of the fittest, placing self preservation above altruistic or acts of heroism (they're very realistic in that regard)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude. We expect some analysis about his life.

And Joan of Arc is a 6w7 Sx/So. http://www.cee-enneagramme.eu/2009/08/le-profil-enneagramme-six-en-sous-type-tete-a-tete/

I'll be happy to read your link if you can provide one in English (I would love to be bilingual, but as of yet I only know English :laugh: )
that being said, I disagree with you thus far. Joan of Arc is extremely Gut Center as opposed to Head Center. she lacks the nervous, aggressive energy of 6w7. her energy is much more fiery and visceral and her motivations are clearly that of an idealistic 1w9 as opposed to the security seeking 6w7.
Edit: how many types of 6s are there?! if they're the most common type, it's only because there are like 50 variations of them with little to no resemblance to each other at all