• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Video examples of enneatypes

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll be happy to read your link if you can provide one in English (I would love to be bilingual, but as of yet I only know English :laugh: )
that being said, I disagree with you thus far. Joan of Arc is extremely Gut Center as opposed to Head Center.

She is passionate, as an Sx/So, and fanatic, as a 6. But she is clearly Head Center. She distrust the world and is not secured and seek security toward a cause. As a 6, she develops antennas to see the difference between the image projeted by people and what they actually are. You know that story about Joan who recognize the true french prince and know that his serveant is not the true one, right? When healthy, theses antennas can become actually efficients and 6s become able to actually identify the differences between the projected image and the true self of people. It is what Palmer call the intuition of Type 6, each type have his own mode of attention and develop a specific form of intuition associated with that mode of attention.

the security seeking 6w7.

Contrary to a popular beliefs, 6s don't necessarly seek security. They often confront with danger and avoid security.

Edit: how many types of 6s are there?! if they're the most common type, it's only because there are like 50 variations of them with little to no resemblance to each other at all

Enneatype Six

Type Description

People of enneatype Six are essentially insecure, as though life has never quite provided them with a proper footing, as though there existed nothing, either internally or externally, which could serve as a solid foundation. The type Six fixation is therefore deeply and fundamentally existential, and there exists at the core of enneatype Six a tight knot of anxiety, an essential disquietude, and a deep seated desire to find something or someone stable enough in which to place some trust. Given this essential dynamic, it is not surprising therefore to find that Sixes have core issues centering around the contrast between faith and skepticism, trust and distrust, and the legitimate exercise of authority versus the abuse and misuse of power. All Sixes share these core issues, but they respond to them in quite a wide variety of ways, making type Six the most complicated and variegated of all the enneatypes and the most difficult by far to describe with specificity.

I've sent you a link to permit you to estimate a bit the different variations of each type. I give it to you again: http://pastebin.com/gsAhzZqW

B

brainheart

I was thinking no way for Speed Gavroche's 4w3 assessment of Johnny Depp until I watched the first part of that interview:

Look for how he talks about his family and his mom. This seems far more three wing to me. I can't imagine someone with a 5 wing talking about family like that. 4w5= family disconnect and alienation. It would be more of a, "Don't get me wrong, I love my parents and all but... we are totally different people and... I don't really want to talk about it." In all honesty, it makes me wonder whether he even is a four. But if he is, got to be 4w3.

Here's a 4w5 talking about his parents:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She is passionate, as an Sx/So, and fanatic, as a 6. But she is clearly Head Center. She distrust the world and is not secured and seek security toward a cause. As a 6, she develops antennas to see the difference between the image projeted by people and what they actually are. You know that story about Joan who recognize the true french prince and know that his serveant is not the true one, right? When healthy, theses antennas can become actually efficients and 6s become able to actually identify the differences between the projected image and the true self of people. It is what Palmer call the intuition of Type 6, each type have his own mode of attention and develop a specific form of intuition associated with that mode of attention.

Contrary to a popular beliefs, 6s don't necessarly seek security. They often confront with danger and avoid security.

I've sent you a link to permit you to estimate a bit the different variations of each type. I give it to you again: http://pastebin.com/gsAhzZqW

that exactly the thing though, Joan of Arc was not insecure at all. she was an uneducated 17 year old girl who had the poise, confidence, charisma and authority of a 40 year old business executive. I have no doubt that 6s can grow to become extremely confident like 8s, 7s and 1s, but having that kind of security and confidence in such circumstances seems highly unlikely for a 6. she also lacks completely the reactive tendencies of type 6s. if you read accounts of her life and her trial, she has the poise and tactful grace of a politician. I'm guessing if the Big 5 were around during that time, Joan would have scored almost 0 on neuroticism. the 6s energy when being courageous is that of rebellion, Joan of Arc's energy was "I am the knight of justice, you are rebelling against me, now repent or be punished!"

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6w7 So/Sx: Harley Quinn

3w4 Sx/Sp: Poison Ivy

4w3 So/Sx: The Penguin

1w9 Sp/Sx: Mr. Freeze

8w7 So/Sx: Ras Al Ghul

5w6 Sp/Sx: Scarecrow

7w8 So/Sx: The Joker

3w2 Sp/So: Two-Face

6w7 Sp/So and 8w7 Sp/So: The Ventriloquist & Scarface

3w4 Sx/So: Clayface

5w6 So/Sx: The Riddler

8w9 Sx/So: Bane

8w7 Sp/Sx: Batman himself

6w7 Sx/So: Catwoman

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that exactly the thing though, Joan of Arc was not insecure at all. she was an uneducated 17 year old girl who had the poise, confidence, charisma and authority of a 40 year old business executive.

Because she has the faith that God choosed her, but she was not that confident before. And if you watch the Luc Besson's movie, you'll see that she was totally insecured. The main characteristics of Joan are faith, fear, and above all a powerfull imagination with visions that she is convinced are true. But she was not a Perfectionist like 1s are. She challenges rules and boundaries, is choleric and impatient with action and is anxious, Milla Jovovich plays perfectly that typical wide eyed all-scanning and surpring look combined with that feisty vulnarability of Sexual 6s. Plus, she was impulsive and unpredictable and 1s are not.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3w4 Sx/Sp: Poison Ivy

3w2 Sp/So: Two-Face

I see 3 in neither Poison Ivy nor Two Face
Poison Ivy seems sx/sp (as you mentioned) and either 7w8 or 4w3.
Two Face is an obvious 1w9 gone bad. it's so apparent I think the creators probably researched this type when they made him. self righteous and endlessly pursuing his ideals which become increasingly twisted. he is obsessed with the ideas of punishment, judgement, order and balance, it's all over his character. also, I'm gonna have to go with sx/so or sx/sp as his instinctual subtype

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because she has the faith that God choosed her, but she was not that confident before. And if you watch the Luc Besson's movie, you'll see that she was totally insecured. The main characteristics of Joan are faith, fear, and above all a powerfull imagination with visions that she is convinced are true. But she was not a Perfectionist like 1s are. She challenges rules and boundaries, is choleric and impatient with action and is anxious, Milla Jovovich plays perfectly that typical wide eyed all-scanning and surpring look combined with that feisty vulnarability of Sexual 6s. Plus, she was impulsive and unpredictable and 1s are not.

INFP 1s aren't perfectionists in the traditional sense, they're moral perfectionists. she didn't care about rules and boundaries because her visions gave her the RIGHT rules and boundaries. this goes back to my point before about believing that she and her visions were the authority and it was the Catholic Church and the English who were rebelling against her.
rules are boundaries are the province of STJ 1s. INFP 1s are much more concerned with poetic justice, ideals and retribution

PS: if she was insecure, it was because she was an uneducated 17 year old girl doing the job of a 50 year old battle hardened military commander. I have trouble seeing any type other than 1 or 8 being able to do that under such circumstances.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the main scientist in this documentary is totally 8w7 sx/so (I think he's ISFP) you can watch the whole thing if you want (it's very interesting) but it's clear from the first 3-4 minutes that he is extremely 8

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ 1w9 sp/sx vs INFP 5w4 sx/sp and ISTP 1w9 sx/sp

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP 1s aren't perfectionists in the traditional sense, they're moral perfectionists. she didn't care about rules and boundaries because her visions gave her the RIGHT rules and boundaries. this goes back to my point before about believing that she and her visions were the authority and it was the Catholic Church and the English who were rebelling against her.
rules are boundaries are the province of STJ 1s. INFP 1s are much more concerned with poetic justice, ideals and retribution

PS: if she was insecure, it was because she was an uneducated 17 year old girl doing the job of a 50 year old battle hardened military commander. I have trouble seeing any type other than 1 or 8 being able to do that under such circumstances.

picard_facepalm.jpg

But Joan have not specific moral perfectionism or any specific sort of moralism. She just feel threatened by english and want to unite in a collective cause to repulse them in a "us against them" way. And despite she had visions, she was very doubtful for years about their validity,and questioned them.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
picard_facepalm.jpg

But Joan have not specific moral perfectionism or any specific sort of moralism. She just feel threatened by english and want to unite in a collective cause to repulse them in a "us against them" way. And despite she had visions, she was very doubtful for years about their validity,and questioned them.

of course she was. she was having visions lol I don't think it's a type thing to question "why the fuck am I having visions? are these real?"
PS: real joan of arc aside, you can't deny that Leelee Sobieski's portrayal of Joan of Arc is INFP 1w9 sx/so as hell

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hum, hum... You miss the most part of my argumentation and you just can say "of course" to the rest. You a going more and more weak. The best thing you can do now is to admit that you are wrong.

BTW, I've always talked about the real Joan. If it was not implied for you it does'nt matter. You are wrong.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hum, hum... You miss the most part of my argumentation and you just can say "of course" to the rest. You a going more and more weak. The best thing you can do now is to admit that you are wrong.

BTW, I've always talked about the real Joan. If it was not implied for you it does'nt matter. You are wrong.

that's because my reasoning is very simple and straightforward, that doesn't mean I'm wrong. for comparison, look at an obvious INFP 6 like Piglet from Winnie the Pooh

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that's because my reasoning is very simple and straightforward

Your reasoning is not simple but simplistic, and wrong.

Be smart and admit it.

A

A window to the soul

that's because my reasoning is very simple and straightforward, that doesn't mean I'm wrong. for comparison, look at an obvious INFP 6 like Piglet from Winnie the Pooh

Piglet is an obvious INFP 6?

Piglet is obviously ISFJ 6.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Piglet is waaaay ISFJ, Nerd Girl. I agree. It's completely obvious.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJ makes more sense, yes.

It is also very debatable that Joan of Arc was an INFP, super-patriotic, super-religious and restless girls like that sound more ESFJ to me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJ makes more sense, yes.

It is also very debatable that Joan of Arc was an INFP, super-patriotic, super-religious and restless girls like that sound more ESFJ to me.

Joan of Arc was Fi as hell. I can't give you much to prove it, but you would know if you were an Fi user :yes:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Joan of Arc was Fi as hell. I can't give you much to prove it, but you would know if you were an Fi user :yes:

You just said Piglet was an Fi dom. While I don't know enough about Joan of Arc to say which type she was, rest assured that Piglet from Winnie the Pooh is not INFP at all. Piglet is practically an ISFJ archetype. He just wants to be safe, supportive, and useful. He'd also like to be appreciated once and a while, but he only asks shyly and modestly.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You just said Piglet was an Fi dom. While I don't know enough about Joan of Arc to say which type she was, rest assured that Piglet from Winnie the Pooh is not INFP at all. Piglet is practically an ISFJ archetype. He just wants to be safe, supportive, and useful. He'd also like to be appreciated once and a while, but he only asks shyly and modestly.

I wasn't terribly sure of Piglett's mbti actually, but I wanted to contrast a more obvious type 6 (I should have worded that better). I do know from what I've read about Joan of Arc (her trial, various letters etc) that she was extremely Fi based on the way she talked. the only other possiblity I could see is INTJ