• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What weaknesses or your enneagram type do you see in yourself?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what weaknesses of your enneatype do you share?

mine (8w9)
- coming across too strong
- not merciful enough
- sometimes I enjoy excessively punishing people whom do me wrong (I'm sure you'll all agree with this)
- being cold, analytical and closed off when under stress
- when people try to make me out to be the villain, I just say "fuck you" by abliging and playing the role. this in turn leads to them becoming more angry and reactive and me becoming more amused by their strong reactions and condescending.
- thinking the world is out to get me when it isn't
- at first will try to explain things to people, but will eventually just condemn them as an imbecile, let them know this (usually in a not so nice way) and leave the conversation
- believing that I'm this super powerful being when in reality I have little economic power
- draining people's energy and not being able to turn off my own
- viewing less intelligent people as weak and pathetic

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
4w5

• Problems with negative self-image
  • Chronically low self esteem
  • Prone to fantasizing rather than doing/accomplishing
  • Uncertain about self, attempting to take on the attractive qualities of others (fake)
  • Fear of being alone
  • Mercurial temperament
  • Feelings of emptiness
  • Self destructive

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4w5

• [*]Problems with negative self-image
    [*]Chronically low self esteem
  • Prone to fantasizing rather than doing/accomplishing
  • Uncertain about self, attempting to take on the attractive qualities of others (fake)
    [*]Fear of being alone
  • Mercurial temperament
    [*]Feelings of emptiness
    [*]Self destructive

I think you're a pretty cool person if it means anything :hug:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
5w6

My self image revolves around intelligence too much.
Worries too much about being seen as ignorant.
Often feel that I don't know enough.
Too unwilling to sacrifice my autonomy to have closer, more intimate relationships.
Not enough in touch with my deep down feelings.
Too self-contained. Hold alot of myself back. As a result, I'm hard to really get to know and get close to.
Avoid drawing attention to myself too much. As a result, I deal with issues of feeling invisible and overlooked.
Hates being intruded upon and interruptions.
Overanalyzes things, sometimes to the point of futility.
Has trouble accepting that there is no good logical explanation for some things.
Feels rather distant and disconnected from others.
Intellectual interests that become overly obsessive sometimes.

G

Glycerine

SuchIrony hit it on the nail for me.

It feels so weird and contradictory to be a e5 and an extrovert.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SuchIrony hit it on the nail for me.

It feels so weird and contradictory to be a e5 and an extrovert.

it feels so weird and contradictory for a 5 to be an FJ

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
it feels so weird and contradictory for a 5 to be an FJ

If you look around, there are quite a few INFJ 5w4s on this very forum, like cascadeco and Z Buck McFate. Now, an ENFJ 5w6, that's a real rarity.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you look around, there are quite a few INFJ 5w4s on this very forum, like cascadeco and Z Buck McFate. Now, an ENFJ 5w6, that's a real rarity.

INFJs have strong Ni and Ti which would make them pretty intellectual. ENFJs are Fe doms which is pretty much a total contradiction, like an ISTJ 7, an ENTJ 9 or an ISFJ 8. contradictions are cool though :cool:

G

Glycerine

To be honest, I kept going back and forth between INFJ and ENFJ and settled on ENFJ after two years of deliberation.

G

garbage

INFJs have strong Ni and Ti which would make them pretty intellectual. ENFJs are Fe doms which is pretty much a total contradiction, like an ISTJ 7, an ENTJ 9 or an ISFJ 8. contradictions are cool though :cool:

One of the many reasons that cross-system type associations can break down is that one might have tiptoed right up to a category boundary in one of the systems--for example, an ENFJ 5w6 who either (a) isn't a strong extrovert and so identifies fairly strongly with Ni, or (b) identifies fairly strongly with his 6 wing.

If one is right up against a category boundary, then a slight shift across that boundary won't suddenly introduce all sorts of logical impossibilities in their psyche.

And this is exactly why combining an understanding of a person's MBTI and Enneagram types might provide more information about the person than either system could alone. An apparent contradiction can reveal a deeper truth once it's resolved.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of the many reasons that cross-system type associations can break down is that one might have tiptoed right up to a category boundary in one of the systems--for example, an ENFJ 5w6 who either (a) isn't a strong extrovert and so identifies fairly strongly with Ni, or (b) identifies fairly strongly with his 6 wing.

If one is right up against a category boundary, then a slight shift across that boundary won't suddenly introduce all sorts of logical impossibilities in their psyche.

And this is exactly why combining an understanding of a person's MBTI and Enneagram types might provide more information about the person than either system could alone. An apparent contradiction can reveal a deeper truth once it's resolved.

exactly, hence
contradictions are cool though :cool:

iMaven

Enneagram
5w6

My self image revolves around intelligence too much.
Worries too much about being seen as ignorant.
Often feel that I don't know enough.
Too unwilling to sacrifice my autonomy to have closer, more intimate relationships.
Not enough in touch with my deep down feelings.
Too self-contained. Hold alot of myself back. As a result, I'm hard to really get to know and get close to.
Avoid drawing attention to myself too much. As a result, I deal with issues of feeling invisible and overlooked.
Hates being intruded upon and interruptions.
Overanalyzes things, sometimes to the point of futility.
Has trouble accepting that there isn't a* good logical explanation for some things.
Feels rather distant and disconnected from others.
Intellectual interests that become overly obsessive sometimes.

i have 5w6 in me. i'm a 4w3 primarily. 1w2 last. i think my strong 5 influence from my father and the fact that i was broken throughout hs, contributed to me relying on my thinking center. which is why my best friend thinks i'm a 5, and i refuse to believe that when compared to all the 5s i've met thus far.. i'd say i'm enfp <-> intj. i jst hate mbti.. i mean if you are at the top 3 levels of your mental health, you would actas a different mbti. Plus, another dimension involves the movement of your energy along the lines (stress - disintegrate// ideal situation - integrate.. simply put.. more advanced than that though). if you have negative concepts/energy rooted within you, you may quite possibly be in a state of flux. i believed i was ultradian bipolar disorder. this is when you go from manic to depressed multiple times within a day. i now believe that the diff types of "mental disorders" are just people being unhealthy.. and i believe you can have certain centers be more unstable than others. jst a thought tho..

another thing... i'm sx/so. the instinctual stackings are very important.. a so/sp 5 will be much different than a sp/sx. this is just conjecture though.. i wish i knew more to get a better idea. but my dad is a sp/sx 5w6(8w9, 3w2) and though we can analyze things in the same manner, we 'feel' a lot different and are driven in a much different manner.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
All of them...

wolfy

awsm
None of them. Nine weaknesses always seem slightly off in why. There is something missing .

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All to varying degrees, assuming I actually am 6w5.

Noon

- Spacey, fantasy oriented, "tuning out"
- Idealizing and idealism
- Vague sense of identity, not feeling anchored in many groups or places

- Implosive anger, build up and then blow up
- Avoidance, procrastination, trouble staying with things for long
- Emotional state easily affected by other people or environment

I like people, but I only feel like I can be 100% myself with either myself or those who are super close.

G

garbage

assuming I actually am 6w5.

6w5: feeling the need to include a set of assumptions along with any statement, since, well, there's always doubt underneath it all, and one can never really know anything for sure :hifive:

/still torn between 6w5 and 3w4