• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Next challenge: Enneatype me!

What enneatype is Such Irony?

• 1w9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1w2

• 2w1

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're a 2. you seem to be very concerned with being loved by others and interpersonal harmony, both of which contrast sharply with the INTP temperament,. your being a 2 could well explain why you've been confused into thinking you were an ISFJ

Chloe

I think you're a 2. you seem to be very concerned with being loved by others and interpersonal harmony, both of which contrast sharply with the INTP temperament,. your being a 2 could well explain why you've been confused into thinking you were an ISFJ

This sounds like a 9 too, though i didnt read suchironys many posts to have an opinon. Perhaps u should tell what u relate to in each type

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

This sounds like a 9 too, though i didnt read suchironys many posts to have an opinon. Perhaps u should tell what u relate to in each type

I really don't think I'm a 2. 9 however is plausible. For those of you interested in trifixes, I do think I have both 5 and 9 in there.

I like helping others sometimes but I feel like if that's all I ever did, my life would be empty. Twos are often known for denying that they have needs themselves. I'm not like that. Its true that sometimes I'll put others' needs before my own but its more to preserve harmony, which I think is more type 9 related. Even when I'm meeting others' needs, I'm well aware of my own needs. I'm not one of those who makes myself ill over meeting someone elses needs. I like being helpful but I don't like knocking myself over for it like some twos do. Twos tend to be deeply involved in the lives of others. I'm rather detached that way. I tend to leave others to their own devices but when someone needs me, I'll lend a helping hand. I also don't relate to the manipulativeness and the flattery that's often associated with twos.

Also, I only like helping others on my own terms. I usually resent it when someone asks for my help out of the blue. It feels like an imposition on my time and energy, much like a type 5.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's from being Supine in Inclusion Where the "typical" INTP with all the "detachment" is Phlegmatic.
2 is pretty Supiney, as well as 4 and especially 6.
Also, I only like helping others on my own terms. I usually resent it when someone asks for my help out of the blue. It feels like an imposition on my time and energy, much like a type 5.
So much like me!

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Eric, do you have an opinion on my most likely enneagram type?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Since you do seem so much like me in several ways, I would say 4, 5 or 6. (Which I usually get in the vicinity of when I have taken the tests). Like 4w5, 5w4, or 5w6 or something.
9 would be if you're more Phlegmatic.

As for an exact estimate, I know the Enneagram in comparison to the APS temperaments, yet realize that outside of that, there's probably a lot about it that I don't know. Like I've never really gotten into the difference between the stacking orders, or those trifixes, and the degradations along the star image (I basically don't have anything to do with that star because it looks like some sort of mandala or something).
And thus I have not completely solidified a type for myself. If I had my way, I would say 6so8sp6sx or 4so8sp6sx (and the 4/6+8 averaging out to a virtual 5), but that's changing Enneagram into APS. So for you, again, it would look like in the vicinity of 4/5/6.

Have you tried Poriferan/Even's test (on here somewhere), which does give three different types somehow?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Since you do seem so much like me in several ways, I would say 4, 5 or 6. (Which I usually get in the vicinity of when I have taken the tests). Like 4w5, 5w4, or 5w6 or something.
9 would be if you're more Phlegmatic.

As for an exact estimate, I know the Enneagram in comparison to the APS temperaments, yet realize that outside of that, there's probably a lot about it that I don't know. Like I've never really gotten into the difference between the stacking orders, or those trifixes, and the degradations along the star image (I basically don't have anything to do with that star because it looks like some sort of mandala or something).
And thus I have not completely solidified a type for myself. If I had my way, I would say 6so8sp6sx or 4so8sp6sx (and the 4/6+8 averaging out to a virtual 5), but that's changing Enneagram into APS. So for you, again, it would look like in the vicinity of 4/5/6.

Have you tried Poriferan/Even's test (on here somewhere), which does give three different types somehow?

I've tentatively self-typed myself as 5w6 but I relate a lot to the 4 wing as well. I've had other people suggest 4, 6, and 9 as my type.

What is a 4so8sp6sx? Is that some sort of trifix system that also represents all three variants?

I haven't taken Magic Poriforean's test yet. Do you have the link?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's what he discusses here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/8520-new-improved-enneagram-sponge-evan.html particularly the part about the wings. You see several people who use this, and in their signature, you'll see something like 1>6>5. I'm not seeing a test, so I forget how you figure the total stack of all the types he discusses there.

4so8sp6sx is simply something I made up, where 4=SupinePhlegmatic, 8=Choleric, 6=Supine, so=Inclusion, sp=Control and sx=Affection. As I said, it is turning Enneagram notation into APS. (Here's where I discuss my ideas on this, http://www.erictb.info/temperament3.html#enneagram, but this is now sidelined, as it may not work like this).
I think if they allowed the stacking like that, it might explain people better, who think they should have a non-adjacent wing, or identify with different types not connected by wings or trifixes.