• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Isfp 4w5 or infp 9w8?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Trying to figure this out for myself. I know for sure I am not the usual combination. Leaning towards 9w8 vs 9w1 now (of the nines) because there definitely is more of an edge to me than I witness in those of the 9w1, although I relate to many aspects of the one- although what I relate to could also be considered 4 traits.

There are things about four that are totally me, like the desire to understand myself and fully process my feelings. I am highly self absorbed. I often find myself yearning for something else vs being happy with what ive got. Conversely, I'm a pretty optimistic person who enjoys the simple pleasures of life, being one w nature, etc.

Dunno. I've got to go to class...

Are you calm? Or are you moody?

9's enjoy being calm and centered. 4's are emotional and enjoy being so.

4/5 makes a melodramatic person more less histrionic and more observant so it helps with creativity. 9/8 is a calm person who becomes assertive when their calm is attacked or challenged.

I got both 4/5 and 9/8 in my tritype so I read the descriptions :p

B

brainheart

Are you calm? Or are you moody?

9's enjoy being calm and centered. 4's are emotional and enjoy being so.

4/5 makes a melodramatic person more less histrionic and more observant so it helps with creativity. 9/8 is a calm person who becomes assertive when their calm is attacked or challenged.

I enjoy the idea of being calm but I'm definitely moody. Sometimes I'm calm, and I think I can sometimes seem calm, but it's rarer than I like to think. I become assertive when... I don't know, when I perceive injustice, when I feel I or others are being tread upon. Unsure.

I love emotions, especially feeling deep emotions through the arts or connecting intimately with others. When things get dull I start to get depressed. But I don't like too much drama, either, cause then it completely absorbs me.

9 definitely seems to be my gut. 4 is no question my heart.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I enjoy the idea of being calm but I'm definitely moody. Sometimes I'm calm, and I think I can sometimes seem calm, but it's rarer than I like to think. I become assertive when... I don't know, when I perceive injustice, when I feel I or others are being tread upon. Unsure.

I love emotions, especially feeling deep emotions through the arts or connecting intimately with others. When things get dull I start to get depressed. But I don't like too much drama, either, cause then it completely absorbs me.

9 definitely seems to be my gut. 4 is no question my heart.

Nines are calm, they don't just want to be calm. Nines are often tall and have rather deep voices. They are not always the giants of the Enneagram, but they often are. Fours have a more timid, fragile appearance. And the description of yourself above is hands down INFP.

B

brainheart

Nines are calm, they don't just want to be calm. Nines are often tall and have rather deep voices. They are not always the giants of the Enneagram, but they often are. Fours have a more timid, fragile appearance. And the description of yourself above is hands down INFP.

Works for me. So now... 4w3 or 4w5 and potentially this instinctual variant and tritype madness...

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Works for me. So now... 4w3 or 4w5 and potentially this instinctual variant and tritype madness...

Or... you can do what I do and 'pretend' it doesn't exist and that only your core type has any actual significance, lol. Madness indeed... :coffee:

B

brainheart

Or... you can do what I do and 'pretend' it doesn't exist and that only your core type has any actual significance, lol. Madness indeed... :coffee:

Well, I did take the eclectic energies test and it said I had balanced wings, (and those wings were pretty low on my list of possible types), so I think I'm with you on this. Although 7 and 9 came- after a gap-in second and third, so the tritype thing might be fairly right on. Although I also think it's a bit superfluous, same with instinctual variant.