• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Isfp 4w5 or infp 9w8?

B

brainheart

Trying to figure this out for myself. I know for sure I am not the usual combination. Leaning towards 9w8 vs 9w1 now (of the nines) because there definitely is more of an edge to me than I witness in those of the 9w1, although I relate to many aspects of the one- although what I relate to could also be considered 4 traits.

There are things about four that are totally me, like the desire to understand myself and fully process my feelings. I am highly self absorbed. I often find myself yearning for something else vs being happy with what ive got. Conversely, I'm a pretty optimistic person who enjoys the simple pleasures of life, being one w nature, etc.

Dunno. I've got to go to class...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you strike me as 9w8 :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kevin Costner
Ronald Reagan (although frankly he strikes me much more as 8w7)
Simon (Gurren Lagan)
Janet Jackson
Bing Crosby

B

brainheart

None of those people are even remotely like me. I made a video.chances are I won't post it bc I don't want to have to post it to facebook first. But it made me learn some things about myself:

1. I have really bad hair.
2. I have very expressive eyes.
3. I kind of come off as an opinionated jerk. (at least on videos)

Who I reminded myself of-not that I'm even remotely worthy to utter his name- bob dylan. I'm not saying this in a pretentious way, truly just who comes to mind.

B

brainheart

you strike me as 9w8 :)

Just found this and it totally cracked me up cause now elfboy is trying to convince me I'm a 4, and at the time I was pretty sure I was a 4. Har har.

(i don't mean this in a mean way or anything. Just how trying to have other people type you is a tricky business.)

B

brainheart

First installment in the life of bh to help people jump to conclusions:

Childhood

I am the youngest of many kids. Just found out recently my mom wasn't allowed to touch me for my first month. I loved to dance a lot when I was teeny. My mom called me her little dancing girl. Despite this they never enrolled me in ballet. I have since been told by ballet dancers and instructors that I have the ideal dancer's body. When I asked my mom recently why they never put me in ballet lessons, she said, ' you never asked!' I think I still hold this against my parents. I know this isn't fair, but I can't help it.

I was an easy kid. I caused no trouble, did my own thing. I read a lot and hid in small places and hung out in trees. I've always loved my time alone. I feel like no one can understand me as well as I do, except musicians and writers and artists and wild animals, cats, nature. They've always been my best friends. By this I mean getting immersed in their work or just being outdoors.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always think of you as a four. Feeling kind of out of place/ wanting to know the truth/ being unique and different/ not feeling part of things/ self aware.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These two types are really a whole lot different, could you ever think of yourself as moody? intense? melancholic? I could definitely see you as a 9.

This spells it out quite well:

Type Four-Type Nine

Some average Nines think that they are Fours because they have artistic talents and creative inclinations of one kind or another. As in the case of love not being the sole domain of Twos, artistic capacity is not the sole province of Fours. Other types can be, and often are, artists.
Even so, the artistry of Fours is much more personal and self-revealing than that of Nines. The art of Nines often expresses idealized, mythological, and archetypal worlds–usually the real world glossed into something fantastic and wondrous. Nines are often gifted storytellers in which "...and they all lived happily ever after" is assured. (There are no unhappy endings in the Nine's world of make-believe.) By contrast, the art of Fours is generally more personal and realistic, the expression of the Four's (and of everyone's) deep longing for love, wholeness, and meaning. Fours often deal in the tragic, finding redemption in self-transcendence; Nines deal in the commonplace, finding comfort in ordinary lives and simple situations.
The principal reason these types may be confused is that they are both withdrawn types. (PT, 433-36). Fours withdraw from others so that they can protect themselves and give themselves time to deal with their emotions. Nines, on the other hand, are withdrawn in the sense that they remove their attention from people or situations that threaten them, disengaging themselves emotionally so that they will not be anxious or upset. They cut off their identification with others (or never identify with them in the first place), identifying instead with a private idealized version of reality. Average to unhealthy Nines tune out any unpleasantness by dissociating from whatever upsets them, whereas Fours do just the opposite, brooding over their anxieties in an attempt to come to terms with them. Fours are certainly not detached from their emotions–just the reverse, they are keenly aware of them, perhaps too much so.
Both types can therefore be shy, absent-minded, confused, and detached from the real world. The difference is that Nines are detached both from the external world and from their emotions, whereas Fours withdraw from whatever has caused them pain. (In the end, that may add up to quite a lot.) Nines see the world through rose-colored glasses, and their view of it is comforting, whereas Fours see the world from a garret window as outsiders and are not comforted: everyone else seems to be living a happier, more normal life. Contrast the personalities of Mahler (a Four) and Aaron Copland (a Nine), Saul Steinberg (a Four) and Norman Rockwell (a Nine).

B

brainheart

These two types are really a whole lot different, could you ever think of yourself as moody? intense? melancholic? I could definitely see you as a 9.

This spells it out quite well:

I have bipolar 2/ cyclothymia so yeah, I'd say I'm moody, intense and melancholic. But more mildly depressed than anything mixed with swings to optimism, now that I've been on medication for a long time. That nine description sounds like a disney character, which I certainly am not. I'm very personal in my art. I'd say I withdraw cause I don't want to deal with people, to protect myself cause others don't get it anyway, and to avoid problems.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have bipolar 2/ cyclothymia so yeah, I'd say I'm moody, intense and melancholic. But more mildly depressed than anything mixed with swings to optimism, now that I've been on medication for a long time. That nine description sounds like a disney character, which I certainly am not. I'm very personal in my art. I'd say I withdraw cause I don't want to deal with people, to protect myself cause others don't get it anyway, and to avoid problems.

:D I agree with the Disney character thing. Makes nines sound so pointless. Sounds insulting almost!! XD. (Oh gee whiz, now you got me giggling like a pointless nine.) Anyway, fourness is the most awkward thing to me. It's supposed to be all brooding and creative and tortured and stuff. For me, the fourness brings about the greatest "art" and insights, but at the same time, the creativity is largely based on my mood. I don't like to think of my mood as an art form. It's just a mood. That's why fourness feels so selfish and wrong, (though it's supposed to be artistic...)

B

brainheart

For me, the fourness brings about the greatest "art" and insights, but at the same time, the creativity is largely based on my mood. I don't like to think of my mood as an art form. It's just a mood. That's why fourness feels so selfish and wrong, (though it's supposed to be artistic...)

I get what you're saying. But I think it's turning that mood, what you consider selfishness into something others can relate to, something universal. I think my best creations have come through this place, of selfishly needing to work through, express things. Problem is, now I'm on mood stabilizers so there's less need to express. So it kind of leaves me stuck, creatively.

B

brainheart

childhood part 2- we moved. I had no friends at school, was made fun of substantially. I did well in school academically, liked learning too much, had no social skills. I could never understand why everyone hated me, what my problem was, but in retrospect I realize I was very opinionated and elitist, not to mention just clueless. Why didn't other kids read the encyclopedia for fun? Why wouldn't they want to adapt little women for strawberry shortcake dolls?

Blah blah life goes on. I'm bored with this and I sound like proust.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP 4w5. ANSIR type is Evokateur.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

There's a link in my sig where it says empath/sage/diligent. The descriptions give only 1 word for each type, but I know of an ANSIR test online.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://photobucket.com/ansirtest password = 123456

I have an answer key to this saved somewhere.

Some people have complained that it looks like some questions are missing. But on one of the pages some question numbers were chopped off. They are all there, believe me!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see more NP than SP from your posts.