• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram of Movie Characters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From what I remember, I'd say that Butch is a 7w8 Sp/Sx ISTP, Fabienne is a 9w8 Sx/Sp ISFP, Mia a 3w4 Sp/Sx ISFP , Jules 4w3 Sx/Sp ENFJ and Vincent 7w8 So/Sp ESTP.

I don't remember well, though.

I can see 3w4 for Jules also, but he's not a 8. More probably a 4w3 with strong connection to his confort point, the 1.

I'm still sayin' 8. NF 8s can look like 1s. also, at the end of the movie, he moves to his growth of 2 and finally feels the mercy and compassion that he read so much about in the bible but wasn't able to understand previously.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to think Jules was ENFJ, but he was more about chewing up scenery with Se. He had the more dramatic, momentary kind of inferior Ni described in Quenk's book or in Thomson's descriptions. :D

As an Inferior Function, Ni typically leads ESPs to either self-doubt or claim to a mystic vision--to see themselves as an oracle of transcendent truth, bypassing the need for finding things out through observation, reasoning, and putting ideas to a test.

I think Vincent was more inclined to push out his rationality everywhere. He didn't want to hear anything about Jules' visions. He doesn't like talking much for an ESTP 7 either. Uncomfortable Silence.

Jules is far too focused to be an ESXP. I'm fairly certain he's an ENF of some sort.

KDude

What do you mean about focused? Like in his newfound life goal? He does do a 180, I'll give you that. Otherwise, ESPs are plenty focused. Not all of them highschool age ADD kids :p

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you mean about focused? Like in his newfound life goal? He does do a 180, I'll give you that. Otherwise, ESPs are plenty focused. Not all of them highschool age ADD kids :p

lol good point, but I still feel like his personality had too much of a "mystical" quality to it that was focused on vision and ideals (although he knew what neither of these were at the time). it's that all SPs are like the guys from Jackass, but only NFs have that mystical sort of energy to their personality.

KDude

He's kind of unique. He's almost two characters. I typed him 3w4 for the polarization. From a typology standpoint, I was thinking he was just some ESTP (maybe F) hitman making his way in the world, possibly in 3 fashion, just living through his achievements more than anything.. until that situation happened that opened his eyes. Lets say it's some exaggerated form of inferior Ni. And that it also kicked in a sharper, more sensitive form of his individuality (the 4 side). He was never mystical before, but all of the sudden he wants to be like "Kane, getting in adventures and shit". Before, he used the Ezekiel scripture just to scare people."Just some shit to say to a motherfucker before I popped a cap in his ass." Afterwards, he's mystical, and lets Ringo go free.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with you on that point. He's very mistycal, and too much to be ESP. I think he's ENFJ, very moralistic and outspoken about his convictions, nothing random with him though, and probably not a P. But he's not a 8. He've not particular issues with anger and control, he's more a mistyc involved in metaphisics issues, as a Sx/Sp 4 , but he's really self-assured and then, very connected to 1, the wing 3 reinforcing that. Under stress, challenging situations push him to the point 2, where he learns a lot, as you pointed it. Also, he cultivates his identity in a strictly pesonal fashion and does'nt let his achievments summarize it, wich is a good indicator that he's a 4w3, not a 3w4. Mia is 3w4: focused on her standing and her situation, on action but not really concerned with metaphisics issues, but the wing 4 make her classy.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with you on that point. He's very mistycal, and too much to be ESP. I think he's ENFJ, very moralistic and outspoken about his convictions, nothing random with him though, and probably not a P. But he's not a 8. He've not particular issues with anger and control, he's more a mistyc involved in metaphisics issues, as a Sx/Sp 4 , but he's really self-assured and then, very connected to 1, the wing 3 reinforcing that. Under stress, challenging situations push him to the point 2, where he learns a lot, as you pointed it.

4s are more concerned with personal expression, they lack the aggression and natural ferocity and combativeness that characterize unhealthy and average 8s. this trait is more than obvious in Jules. I could see Mia as a 4, but not Jules. as I said previously, I think the combo of NF and 8 just looks like 1. also, 4s struggle with self worth, confidence and feelings of melancholy and depression under stress. Jules exhibits none of these characteristics
he integrates to type 2 during a point of enlightenment, not as his stress (which would likely be more calculating and withdrawn if he trully felt he was in over his head).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Vincent was more dom judging. He didn't want to hear anything about Jules' visions.

This is because he's SP and easily bored by useless speech about abstact things.

He doesn't like talking much for an ESTP 7 either. [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnVX-uv-QPc]Uncomfortable Silence[/youtube].

He's quite talkative, but he's Sx last, that explain why he's not very at ease in the one-to-one situation. He is So/Sp. Mia, her, is Sp/Sx, very at ease in the one-to-one situation but above all independant, controled and reserved as a Self-Pres first.

KDude

I disagree on that more than anything related to Jules. He's a poster boy for a kind of nonchalant, sort of passive-aggressive 9w8 ISTP. I'm finding it hard to see how instinctuals throw a 7w8 ESTP into someone like that. I mean, I guess it could be some issue with "one to one" situations, but he's just not all into socializing anyways. He even throws out a kind of dom judging behavior against Wolf. It's like Ti vs Wolf's Te. Jules plays along. Vincent doesn't play along well.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4s are more concerned with personal expression,

And he is totally involve in that.

they lack the aggression and natural ferocity and combativeness that characterize unhealthy and average 8s

Wrong. 4 are actually frequently assertive and confrontationals, especially sexual 4w3.

4s struggle with self worth, confidence and feelings of melancholy and depression under stress. Jules exhibits none of these characteristics

This is the unhealthy side of 4, the healthy is equanimity, self-assurance, competition and difference. Helen Palmer said that one part of 4 are depressive, the other part is combative. Jules is a combative 4. Most part of 4 are a mix of both though.

he integrates to type 2 during a point of enlightenment, not as his stress (which would likely be more calculating and withdrawn if he trully felt he was in over his head).

It is assumed in enneagram that streessing situations can be fulled of enlightement. Situations where you can calculate are more likely to be stressing situation.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I disagree on that more than anything related to Jules. He's a poster boy for a kind of nonchalant 9w8 ISTP. I'm finding it hard to see how instinctuals throw a 7w8 ESTP into someone like that. I mean, I guess it could be some issue with "one to one" situations, but he's just not all into socializing anyways. He even throws out a kind of dom judging behavior against Wolf. It's like Ti vs Wolf's Te. Jules plays along. Vincent doesn't play along well.

Vincent is a looser, down the movie hierarchy, and then hav'nt really the control of his actions. That explains what you say more than anithing, he hav'nt the "iceberg in the storm" quality of ISTPs in stressing situations.

KDude

Vincent is a looser, down the movie hierarchy, and then hav'nt really the control of his actions. That explains what you say more than anithing, he hav'nt the "iceberg in the storm" quality of ISTPs in stressing situations.

Hmm, fair enough. I know there's a sort of nervous quality about him at times.. but he didn't seem very extroverted to me.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not very much, yes.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
your description of healthy 4s is correct, but Jules is not a healthy 4 until the very end of the movie.
contrast Jules (ENFJ 8w9) with Tobia Funke from Arrested Development (ENFJ 4w3) and you'll see the stark contrast between these very different personalities

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
also, 4s main emotion struggles are envy and shame. 8s main emotional struggle is anger. it's clear from this that jules is clearly the latter.

JMVono

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Of course Hannibal is a five, he just integrated to 8 and has a very powerful 7 influence as well.

5w4 makes sense. If you look at him, he is strangely emotionaly inclined - He sketches, admires all forms of art, he even crushes hard on Starling (in his own way). I'm guessing the emotional influence makes him especially adept at manipulating others.

Totally agree

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Agreed on:
Hermione
James Bond
Count Dooku (looking closer, he is indeed a fallen idealistic 1)

Maybe:
Pierce Brosnan James Bond: I still see more 7, but 7s and 3s can look extremely similar externally
Princess Leia: it's possible, but I have trouble seeing anyone but an ENTJ 8 being that commanding and strong willed at age 17, especially a woman (she had the competence, confidence and will to command battle hardened men whom were 2-3 times older than her). she also appears to have a growth 2 like Han.
Obi-Wan: you're probably right on this one. I got a pretty strong "you worry too much" vibe from Qui Gon in the first one and his growth seems very 9-ish (but in the 3rd movie it seems more 7-ish)
Daniel Ocean: his main motivation in the first movie was to impress his wife and get back at the guy who she ended up with. for that reason, 3 is my best guess.

Disagreed on:
Joan of Arc: total archtypical 1
Achilles: looking back on it, my first guess I don't think was correct either. I think he's a sexual 8w9 (you don't kill the lover of a gay/bisexual 8 and live to tell about it lol)
Tyler Durdin: I think he is precisely the counter phobic manefestation you mentioned as a possibility
Han Solo: I'm sticking with 8. too commanding and domineering for a 7 and a strong growth to 2 by the end of the trilogy. he's also played by Han Solo who is 8 as hell is pretty much all of his movies.

I agree with you on everything you've said. Joan or Arc wasn't a 6. Not everyone who had some insecurities is a Six. And Ones can be fanatics too.