• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

7w8, 9w8, 9w1, 3w4...What's Elfboy's type?

What type is Elfboy

• 7w8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8w7

• 8w9

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • 9w1

• 9w8

• 9 both wings

• 3w4

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 4w3

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
just when I was starting to think I knew :doh: I am more confused than ever now. I'm decided on ENFP and sp/sx, but not enneagram

for 7w8
- this description is SO me http://www.enneagramcentral.com/Enneagram/Subtypes/Subtype Seven Self Preservation.htm
- I think my main motivation is pleasure, albeit in a more complicated, deep sort of way
- assertive, go after what they want
- prone to fantasies of grand and glamorous dillusion
- like to look glamorous and pimped out
- ideal lifestyle is usually quite expensive
- self preservation 7w8s are described quite differently from typical 7s

against 7w8
- 7s are said to base their identity in what they see around them. this is not me at all
- low energy level
- highly introspective despite being E
- generally positive like a 7, but I have a melancholy side (although it's not a depressed kind of melancholy
- similarly, I would not describe myself at all as sanguine
- content doing barely anything

for 9
- I don't feel like an 8 or a 1, but I feel strong connection to both
- I share the positive sides of type 3, but I don't see any of the negatives of them in my (suggestive of growth perhaps?)
- strong need for internal harmony (but not external harmony)
- I could sit and relax without doing anything for days and be content

against 9
- naturally assertive
- don't mind conflict
- not approval seeking
- willing to disagree at the expense of offending someone/causing conflict
- pretty much zero connection to 6
- connection to 3 is mostly external and likely more of a 7 connection

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
PS: I don't believe I am a 3, 4 or an 8, but a few others seem to, so I left those options open for consideration

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
What is your deepest desire and what is your biggest fear? Answer these questions without thinking about the enneagram at all.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is your deepest desire and what is your biggest fear? Answer these questions without thinking about the enneagram at all.

that's what makes it so hard. I share the basic fears of 4, 7 and 8 and the basic desires of 7, 8 and 9.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh, and explanations are welcomed and encouraged :yes:

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
that's what makes it so hard. I share the basic fears of 4, 7 and 8 and the basic desires of 7, 8 and 9.

That's why I said don't think about the enneagram at all. Just say the thing that scares you the most and what you desire the most.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, it can be to 1, 9, 8, and 7, with 8 and 9 being the strongest fits. So between that, you seem to be much more of an 8 with your assertivness and energetic attitiude than a 9 would be, so I think 8w9 would fit you the best, with 8w7 as the runner yp because of a string wing 7. :yes:

KDude

It's hard to tell in what way he is assertive. It's not like all assertive people are 8s. 7s can be kind of capricious and fun/humorous about it, counterphobe 6s can be reactive and anxious/pissed, 4s can be individualistic, 1s idealistic.. Sky's the limit really! :D

Chloe

I agree with Kdude, what's very obvious to me that he is not a 7,
i'd bet on 8, ...but i didnt completely exclude 4 or 3 (equal chances).

80% that you are an 8.

how do you feel about sliding to 5 ?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really would like to be an 8, but I think it's just my ENTJ 8w7 best friend rubbing off on me (he's too 8 to function though lol. he's literally been attacked by a pack of wolves and killed all of them with his bare hands. perhaps this is just the combination of being abused, ENTJ and 8 though) as a kid I was more 9-ish, but I I do feel I lack the energy of the 9 and the connection to 6 and 3. since 8 seems a popular opinion

for 8
- I'm an entrepreneur in training (probably the most 8-ish thing I can think of)
- I HATE being told what to do
- I have to work really hard not to have problems with authority
- I don't really try to be the leader, but I'm terrible at following people
- extremely confident and assertive naturally
- I am kinda 5-ish under stress (but more 1-ish)
- I'm not as crazy as my ENTJ friend, but, for a gay ENFP, I'm PRETTY choleric

against 8
- I'm more merciful on those who are weaker than me
- I'm not aggressive
- if I were in a fight, I'd run (well, unless I was REALLY mad lol)
- I was picked on when I was younger and didn't really fight back until later
- I was not 8-ish as a kid at all, my 8-ishness kicked in about 8th grade
- I'm more of a chaotic good type of guy than a bad boy
- I'm not very intense. in fact, I rather dislike things that are highly intense
- I'm not competitive at all. I don't like sports or other competitive activities
- I don't feel any sort of connection to 2
- I'm not brave enough to be an 8
- I don't consider myself very masculine (but some other people do)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Honestly, most of the cons concerning 8 don't really seem to detract from the idea, I mean not all 8's are super assertive tyrants who reign power over everyone, they can be nice and peaceful. Also, some of the other cons that you mentioned could be explained if your 8w9, having that sort of chill personality mixed in with assetivness.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the main thing I see against me being an 8 is that I could not under any circumstances see myself being a bully (although I could see myself mercilessly beating the shit out of one and have done so a few times lol). similarly, I'm pretty feminine and people used to say I was a wimp until around 10th grade.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But being a bully is an essential quality of bring an 8, unless of course you're talking about an unhealthy 8. And from what I can tell you seem like a fairly psychologically healthy person ;)

Also, try not to focus too much on who you once were, but what you are now. Even if you didn't feel like an 8 as a kid, do you feel like an 8 as an adult (assuming that your somewhere in your twenties)?

B

brainheart

When I go to my 8 wing it's very much about defending the little guy. If someone steps on an insect in my presence, you had better watch out. I'm pretty sure that's an 8 thing, defender of the weak and helpless-

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
looking back on things, I've had a ton of 8-ish moments all throughout school and I've said some crazy stuff to authority figures that no one else would really get away with.

for example, an overzealous choir director senior year of high school tried to tear me down in front of about 40 guys (it was a men's choir), so I told her "we need to talk after class" and after class was like "look, Ms. _______ , I'm gonna be blunt. You don't have any real authority over me. I'm set for college and I could never come back to this class again and be perfectly fine. I only listen to you because 1) disturbing the harmony of the class is usually not worth it and 2) I respect you (which I really did or I wouldn't have said it) and you have information that I don't. that being said, I'd rather keep things win-win than have to resort to unpleasantries". from there, things went surprisingly well and we talked out all our differences and had a great rest of the year. a few other guys who overheard were shocked (most of the school choir is terrified of this woman) and they were like "how did you do that?". I replied "she's really a nice woman, you just need to be assertive and direct and communicate honestly with her"

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sounds like an 8 if I ever saw one.

So 8 it is then?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Elfboy
I'm leaning more and more in that direction yes

Cool :)

Hmmm.... just wondering, have you also thought about making a type video and seeing what results you might get from that?