• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

help skylights type herself? <3

OH GOOD A POLL

• 2w3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 (w2 or w4)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 4 (w3 or w5)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6w7

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 7w6

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
so, i'm begging for help cause even after months of studying the enneagram, i really still don't have a feel on what type i am. i've thought i was a 4, 3, 6, and 7, in that order of progression. i also tried to get my brother (5w4, insightful kid) to type me, but he said that he could see little bits and pieces in a lot of them, but nothing clear.

top contenders: 7w6, 4w3, 6w7, 9w1
i am not: 8

i think that i am either in the thinking or feeling triad. probably thinking if i had to choose (weird for an F to say?). sp is definitely last in my instinctual stacking, but i'm not sure whether sx or so is first. seems like it would depend on which number i turn out to be... i figure if i was a 7 i'd be sx but if i was a 4 i'd be so. if i could make up types i would be a 7w4w3. i would like to say i'm a 3 but i don't think i am.

i identify very much with ENFP but only marginally with any enneatype. like i said, 7 and 4 seem closest, but 7 seems too not deep (maybe accountable for via sx?) and 4 seems too dark (maybe accountable for via so?). :shrug:

anyway... that's about all i can think of. if you guys have any guidance it would be appreciated :heart:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
If I may.. I feel that you are 4w5 and an INFP.. That, or the most atypical ENFP this side of Starryknights..

StarryKnights and Skylights .. See? there is a pattern going on here.. :laugh:

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
We can be 4w3 buddies! Honestly, 4's aren't always thaaaaaaat dark. The stuff that you read about just sort of highlights it a bit too much.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I keep reading this as "Help skylights help herself." And then I keep thinking of Jerry Maguire:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGt5f70K02Q"]Help me help you![/YOUTUBE]

rav3n

Not an expert in enneagram but I see a lot of 3 and 4 in you. Which is wing and which is main, I don't know.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hi guys!! thank you so much for your responses. i'm thinking about each one in depth and will post a big response soon. :heart:

Chloe

You are a very obvious 3, IMOIMOIMO :D

But I am oh so rarely wrong.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I may.. I feel that you are 4w5 and an INFP.. That, or the most atypical ENFP this side of Starryknights..

there really isn't such a thing as a typical ENFP. the combination of Ne, Fi and Te can go together in all sorts of ways. some ENFPs seem like INFPs, others ENFJs, still others ESFP, ENTJ, ENTP or even INTJ. Personality wise, ENFPs can be range anywhere from Anakin Skywalker, Maritin Short, Gwen Stefani or even Joseph Campbell. we can be the most shallow or the most deep people you'll ever meet and the most caring or the most heartless (it's true, we're nice and bubbly most of the time because we're EF, but several ENFPs really don't care about anyone but themselves haha)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram is confusing XP especially for ENFPs who frequent every type except 1 and 5. as a whole though, ENFP 7s are more ESFP-ish while ENFP 4s are more INFP-ish. you give off a 4w3 vibe to me at least.
4w3: individualistic, alternates between calm and withdrawn and fiery and passionate, likes to be glamorous, likes things that are sophisticated, complex and visually pleasing, likes to be the center of attention, but not too much, not a people pleaser, likes to be impressive, but doesn't like to try to impress people, offended by the idea of fitting in. also called "The Aristocrat" or "The Diva"
sound like you?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

lol!

of course, i appreciate your opinion :)

well, i am sure i am an ENFP. admittedly i seem a little more "grounded" than some, but i assume that's from Ne, Fi, and Te all being of relatively similar strength... no huge gaps between them, though certainly my Ne is much better than Te. i used to think i was INFP, but as soon as i learned the functions i understood why i had mistyped - i'm not super outgoing, but i definitely lead with Ne.

4w5 is interesting. what makes you say 5?

We can be 4w3 buddies! Honestly, 4's aren't always thaaaaaaat dark. The stuff that you read about just sort of highlights it a bit too much.

yayyyy fwends :]

yeah, that's what really throws me off about 4. i really do not like, at all, lingering in dark emotions. i mean sometimes i'll listen to a sad song or two, but even my favorite sad songs are from musicals or video games or movies or whatever, that i know have happy endings in store later on. if i had to paint myself in colors, i'd say i'm a whole bunch of rainbow colors, and lots of sparkles, and some elegant zen black, and some cool watery turquoise and some warm blushing peach and some white... i dunno, does that say 4 to you?

I'm 7 and I'm sx, so I think you're right...

yeah, that's my current suspicion. i'm just hesitant about 7 because i just don't seem that ENERGETIC. or practical, which supposedly 7s are. i mean, lord knows i can get shit done when i need to, but i usually don't, unless i'm pressed. i feel like i'm lazy by default though - and that i just push myself to do stuff - which, i dunno. it just doesn't seem very 7.

you and i seem similar though. i mean i haven't really stalked you sufficiently to be able to say that, but still ;)

4w3 and 7w6 ENFP's are hard to distinguish.

If you haven't read it already, this might help

http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/12/new-4w3-vs-7w6-misidentifying.html

Generally I get a 4 feel from you on the forum, but ENFP 4's are sometimes hard to spot because ENFPs are so upbeat. Sexual variants are much more assertive and energetic, if that helps.

ah, yes, thank you. :) i have read that before, and i hate to say this, but it just confuses me more. my mind is definitely "on" all the time - one of my very favorite things to do is yoga, because it takes all my concentration on my body and makes me clear my mind of everything else. this rings true for me:

Fours can look similar because they also need to be constantly stimulated to keep themselves happy. They also rely on the stimulation of the Thinking Center, but instead of this rushing directly to the Moving-Instinctive Center, it becomes a burning furnace of imagination for the Feeling Center.

but not this:
This is because the 7 cheifly needs the brain stimulated, not the heart, while the 4 lives for intense emotion.

i don't know that i live for intense emotion. i love the "flow state", but i don't think that's very emotional. i dunno, i think i go for something more than emotion. in MBTI terms i'd call it a Feeling - a cognition. laced with emotion, sometimes yes, but more of a concept.

i feel uncertain about the article, too, because i feel like it was written from the perspective of a 4. it seems biased to want you to be a 4, like 4 is better. or maybe i'm just resonating with 4. it's hard to tell.

I keep reading this as "Help skylights help herself." And then I keep thinking of Jerry Maguire:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGt5f70K02Q"]Help me help you![/YOUTUBE]

:laugh:!!

Not an expert in enneagram but I see a lot of 3 and 4 in you. Which is wing and which is main, I don't know.

yeahhh

You are a very obvious 3, IMOIMOIMO :D

But I am oh so rarely wrong.

lol i know and i feel bad cause you talked about this with me for so long!! it just doesn't seem right though. i have a friend who's definitely a 3, probably 3w2, and i often feel like i'm not measuring up to her, you know? like she's so much better at life in general than i am. though it's funny, because i know that she gets jealous of me too, when i "pull ahead", and then i feel shitty. and i think sometimes she realizes she's being an ass, talking herself up while i'm feeling bad. we're quite a pair, aren't we? :laugh: i just don't know, am i really a 3w4, or am i just a 4w3 with an especially strong wing? or am i really a 7w6, and gravitate towards inclusion and materialism? i don't knowww.

one of the other things about 4 that confuses me is that, i know i have the potential to be VERY busy, productive, in leadership positions, etc, and i totally love it, as long as it's all stuff i like - and i seem really like a high-functioning 7 at that point. i'm not at that point anymore, where i was in that role, but i LOVED it. i loved feeling involved and important and having fun all the time and making a difference. i can hear 3 in what i just said... and 7... and... i dunno about 4. i mean, creativity, for sure. but i don't know

there really isn't such a thing as a typical ENFP. the combination of Ne, Fi and Te can go together in all sorts of ways. some ENFPs seem like INFPs, others ENFJs, still others ESFP, ENTJ, ENTP or even INTJ. Personality wise, ENFPs can be range anywhere from Anakin Skywalker, Maritin Short, Gwen Stefani or even Joseph Campbell. we can be the most shallow or the most deep people you'll ever meet and the most caring or the most heartless (it's true, we're nice and bubbly most of the time because we're EF, but several ENFPs really don't care about anyone but themselves haha)

yeah man we are all across the board :doh:

Enneagram is confusing XP especially for ENFPs who frequent every type except 1 and 5. as a whole though, ENFP 7s are more ESFP-ish while ENFP 4s are more INFP-ish. you give off a 4w3 vibe to me at least.
4w3: individualistic, alternates between calm and withdrawn and fiery and passionate, likes to be glamorous, likes things that are sophisticated, complex and visually pleasing, likes to be the center of attention, but not too much, not a people pleaser, likes to be impressive, but doesn't like to try to impress people, offended by the idea of fitting in. also called "The Aristocrat" or "The Diva"
sound like you?

...ish? individualistic yes, withdrawn/passionate yes, glamorous i don't think i'm very good at, sophisticated yes, complex and visual yes, center of attention but not too much yes, not a people pleaser... well i sort of am, but mostly in the sense that i'm generally congenial, i do like to impress people but i'm not very good at it, and i'm kind of neutral about fitting in. don't want to conform for the sake of conforming but i like to belong and don't mind going along with the group as long as nothing goes against my sense of self. i would say "aristocrat" would be an okay descriptor but diva, not really.

and yeah i'd say i relate to INFP before ESFP. probably INFP, ENTP, ESFP/INTJ, actually.

This test I consider the most surefire way to figure out your type. All you have to do is answer the first question, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click submit. Voila, there is your answer. It's as simple as that.

http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes/1026701/what-enneagram-type-are-you

lol i appreciate the quiz but that's hard!! i wanted to say love/be loved, but i'm sure that's 2 and i'm not a 2. so i got 4 instead. i kind of knew the correlations already though, so i felt like i was cheating. i did the whole quiz in full and came out a 5, oddly enough.

1 is one of the more common Etypes for enfp (right after 7,4,3) :)

ooh. 1 is another type i know i am definitely not. 1, 2, 5, 8.

--

so i thought maybe i'd be a good idea to make a "collage" of stuff that i think represents me and maybe that'd be helpful? :thinking:

o0dm5t.jpg

10hog8l.jpg

28a8ehj.png

orla3n.png

iwtana.jpg

rrkzd5.jpg

a couple songs-with-messages

[video=youtube;oG0a9WFkgzU]thru heaven's eyes[/video]
[video=youtube;7ZRfjKD8DCk]he lives in you[/video]
incidentally, i'm pretty sure whatever type rafiki is, i am too. or i should be. asante-sana-squash-banana...

thanks again guys :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol!

well, i am sure i am an ENFP. admittedly i seem a little more "grounded" than some, but i assume that's from Ne, Fi, and Te all being of relatively similar strength... no huge gaps between them, though certainly my Ne is much better than Te. i used to think i was INFP, but as soon as i learned the functions i understood why i had mistyped - i'm not super outgoing, but i definitely lead with Ne.

4w5 is interesting. what makes you say 5?

yayyyy fwends :]

yeah, that's what really throws me off about 4. i really do not like, at all, lingering in dark emotions. i mean sometimes i'll listen to a sad song or two, but even my favorite sad songs are from musicals or video games or movies or whatever, that i know have happy endings in store later on. if i had to paint myself in colors, i'd say i'm a whole bunch of rainbow colors, and lots of sparkles, and some elegant zen black, and some cool watery turquoise and some warm blushing peach and some white... i dunno, does that say 4 to you?

yeah, that's my current suspicion. i'm just hesitant about 7 because i just don't seem that ENERGETIC. or practical, which supposedly 7s are. i mean, lord knows i can get shit done when i need to, but i usually don't, unless i'm pressed. i feel like i'm lazy by default though - and that i just push myself to do stuff - which, i dunno. it just doesn't seem very 7.

you and i seem similar though. i mean i haven't really stalked you sufficiently to be able to say that, but still ;)

ah, yes, thank you. :) i have read that before, and i hate to say this, but it just confuses me more. my mind is definitely "on" all the time - one of my very favorite things to do is yoga, because it takes all my concentration on my body and makes me clear my mind of everything else. this rings true for me:

but not this:

i don't know that i live for intense emotion. i love the "flow state", but i don't think that's very emotional. i dunno, i think i go for something more than emotion. in MBTI terms i'd call it a Feeling - a cognition. laced with emotion, sometimes yes, but more of a concept.

i feel uncertain about the article, too, because i feel like it was written from the perspective of a 4. it seems biased to want you to be a 4, like 4 is better. or maybe i'm just resonating with 4. it's hard to tell.

:laugh:!!

yeahhh

lol i know and i feel bad cause you talked about this with me for so long!! it just doesn't seem right though. i have a friend who's definitely a 3, probably 3w2, and i often feel like i'm not measuring up to her, you know? like she's so much better at life in general than i am. though it's funny, because i know that she gets jealous of me too, when i "pull ahead", and then i feel shitty. and i think sometimes she realizes she's being an ass, talking herself up while i'm feeling bad. we're quite a pair, aren't we? :laugh: i just don't know, am i really a 3w4, or am i just a 4w3 with an especially strong wing? or am i really a 7w6, and gravitate towards inclusion and materialism? i don't knowww.

one of the other things about 4 that confuses me is that, i know i have the potential to be VERY busy, productive, in leadership positions, etc, and i totally love it, as long as it's all stuff i like - and i seem really like a high-functioning 7 at that point. i'm not at that point anymore, where i was in that role, but i LOVED it. i loved feeling involved and important and having fun all the time and making a difference. i can hear 3 in what i just said... and 7... and... i dunno about 4. i mean, creativity, for sure. but i don't know

yeah man we are all across the board :doh:

...ish? individualistic yes, withdrawn/passionate yes, glamorous i don't think i'm very good at, sophisticated yes, complex and visual yes, center of attention but not too much yes, not a people pleaser... well i sort of am, but mostly in the sense that i'm generally congenial, i do like to impress people but i'm not very good at it, and i'm kind of neutral about fitting in. don't want to conform for the sake of conforming but i like to belong and don't mind going along with the group as long as nothing goes against my sense of self. i would say "aristocrat" would be an okay descriptor but diva, not really.

and yeah i'd say i relate to INFP before ESFP. probably INFP, ENTP, ESFP/INTJ, actually.

lol i appreciate the quiz but that's hard!! i wanted to say love/be loved, but i'm sure that's 2 and i'm not a 2. so i got 4 instead. i kind of knew the correlations already though, so i felt like i was cheating. i did the whole quiz in full and came out a 5, oddly enough.

ooh. 1 is another type i know i am definitely not. 1, 2, 5, 8.

--

so i thought maybe i'd be a good idea to make a "collage" of stuff that i think represents me and maybe that'd be helpful? :thinking:

o0dm5t.jpg

10hog8l.jpg

28a8ehj.png

orla3n.png

iwtana.jpg

rrkzd5.jpg

a couple songs-with-messages

[video=youtube;oG0a9WFkgzU]thru heaven's eyes[/video]
[video=youtube;7ZRfjKD8DCk]he lives in you[/video]
incidentally, i'm pretty sure whatever type rafiki is, i am too. or i should be. asante-sana-squash-banana...

actually, don't listen to me, I'm starting to think I'm a 7 and am now just as confused as you are XP

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP

I am also not very energetic, or practical, not getting shit done, and I also feel lazy by default. I don't really relate to any ennegram type, and I pretty much don't believe in the ennegram.

Why?

Because sometimes I'm really detached, sometimes I will talk non stop, laugh non stop, sometimes I won't say anything, I will just prefer to observe. I put a very big emphasis on harmony, I get REALLY pissed if someone provokes conflicts juts for the sake of provoking conflicts. Sometimes I'll try to be really good at what I do, just to see how far I can go. Sometimes I'll want be really helpful to people, and sometimes I won't care. Also I'm some sort of an individualist, mostly in winter, maybe because of my winter mood disorders, or maybe because I like it this way, I do things by myself, I don't know I get annoyed when I have to work in a group. I also resemble to type 6 alot, but I hate type 6, I don't wanna be like that, I don't want to be loyal to people who make me secure, because they can make me feel secure just to take advantage. And sometimes I'll stay at home a lot, developing some complex ideas about whatever, just to dumb them when they get old. Sometimes I isolate myself, sometimes I'll be surrounded by people a long period of time.

Out of all types I don't resemble 1, 8, and possibly type 2.

So which one am I supposed to be.

"7 THE ENTHUSIAST

The Busy, Fun-Loving Type: Spontaneous, Versatile, Distractible, and Scattered"

I'm only spontaneous, distractible and scattered. :laugh:

Chloe

I dont know how (un)successful you are, but you can be unsuccessful at life (even saying this is 3-ish statement :D) for various reasons that have nothing to do wit your type. I mean, you could grew up in shelter :D you think that every 3 is successful? Far from it. Important it being goal and achievement oriented, and I picked those vibes from you, very strong.
You can also be less successful than your friend because you are NP. ESJ 3 is totally different story.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol!

one of the other things about 4 that confuses me is that, i know i have the potential to be VERY busy, productive, in leadership positions, etc, and i totally love it, as long as it's all stuff i like - and i seem really like a high-functioning 7 at that point. i'm not at that point anymore, where i was in that role, but i LOVED it.

all of this sounds like me. I've been wandering if being 7 necessitates have high amounts of energy or if being 4 necessessitates being melancholy and enjoying wallowing in negative emotions. we really sound a lot alike :hifive: