• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what enneagram do most ISFP's fall under?

Sunny Ghost

I didn't say anything about morality. I said introverted judgement. It doesn't matter if you think of it in terms of Ti or Fi. It's going to be more discretionary either way. There's even a reason why ISFPs or ISTPs get stereotypical labels like "artist" and "mechanic" that differientiate them from their extroverted counterparts. It illustrates their "pickier" decision making process and inclination to turn inwards and contemplate on what's more congruent for them personally, and why they would withdraw from things rather than being all embracing enthusiasts.

If someone identifies with 7 descriptions like below, they are extroverts.

Their personality traits, their defense mechanisms, and their motivations all reflect the fact that to Sevens everything desirable exists outside of themselves in the world of things and experiences. Generally speaking, they are neither profoundly introspective nor especially person-oriented. Instead, they are experience-oriented—extroverted, practical, and urbane.

As Sevens are essentially afraid of being overpowered by negative states of mind, they seek their distraction in the external world.

And just because someone is a sensor doesn't enable them to defy all the definitions, where ISFPs live out like they're actually more Se and barely Fi. If someone insisted on that, they are ESFP. It's not that hard to understand. Se dominant means ESP.

And there aren't "tons" of ISFP 7s. There's only one here, for example, and that's Jeffster - and a lot of people question his type. Even he once said that he hates "Ni" and think it's "everything that's wrong with the world". That's the kind of weird, kneejerk reaction someone has to their inferior. ISFPs don't think like that. Most of the time, Ni lends to their creativity. They don't hate it, especially when they're in their 30s like he is.

hmm... interesting. i think i see what you're saying. (like i said, i'm all new to this enneagram stuff.)

i suppose i'm just getting stuck on a few of these not-so-introspective ISFP's... the ones that have a lower intrapersonal intelligence. it's almost as though they've yet to figure out that what they are looking for is within oneself. but it's obvious they aren't ESFP's because valuing Se over Fi too often isn't where they are natural... to clarify, i mean that in too much outside stimulation, they are actually losing their selves more because they aren't regrounding the self in more introverted states. they also aren't as quick--Te is still an inferior and not a tertiary.

also, are type 7's the stimulation seeker basically then? i recall giving an ISFP friend an enneagram test once and I think he scored a 7. "stimulation seeker" was fitting in that he is a drug-addict, basically. he almost lives from one drug experience to the next. pills, pot, acid, shrooms, meth, cocaine, ecstasy.... his pot and pill habit is typically a daily thing. he can be social... and does seem to seek things outside of himself... but he knows how to be alone as well. he probably dines out alone more often than anyone else i know. if he's not in the mood to go to the bar or to a party or to a friends house, he always had a habit of criticizing me and everyone else for going. so i think in this particular case, you are right. he may have only tested ISFP over ESFP because of depression.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Intereting thread. I will rethink my enneagram. Perhaps I am a 9 since 5s are so uncommon for an ISFP....

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
And there aren't "tons" of ISFP 7s. There's only one here, for example, and that's Jeffster - and a lot of people question his type. Even he once said that he hates "Ni" and think it's "everything that's wrong with the world". That's the kind of weird, kneejerk reaction someone has to their inferior. ISFPs don't think like that. Most of the time, Ni lends to their creativity. They don't hate it, especially when they're in their 30s like he is.

MAYBE I JUST DEFY YOUR RULES, MAAAAAN.

Sunny Ghost

honestly, he doesn't seem that different from me in real life when i'm interacting with close friends, coworkers or family.