• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what enneagram do most ISFP's fall under?

Sunny Ghost

it seems as though, typically, particular mbti types will fall into particular enneagrams.

amongst the 4's, you usually find INFP's for example. with 3's, i believe it's ENFP's... with 5's, INTP's... or something along those lines.

well, what enneagram's would one typically see an ISFP? what's common? what's less common? what do they never fall into?

also, is there any sort of extensive listing of mbti types to enneagram?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah 5s are usually INTx or very reserved, controlled INFx.

ExxPs tend to actually be 7, first of all, but then yes, ENFPs could be 3 or 4.

I think 4 is most commonly associated with INFx and ISFPs.

ISFPs are also heavily associated with 9.

KDude

Agreed, 9 is heavily ISFP.

A 4 ISFP is possible, like a 5 ISTP is possible, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around on "why". They're like night and day compared to 9.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why? Well if you believe in function theory, the obvious answer is "Fi" for an ISFP being a 4.

But generally 4 is very romantic, individualistic enneagram. Not all ISFPs will be this way, probably most will not be, but some will...perhaps those close to S/N divide (or Ni development if you take the function theory route.)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, 9 seems to be common for ISFPs. I'm personally a 4w3 which seems to be a bit of a rare thing even for ISFP 4s.

I would say that an ennagram 8 seems a bit unlikely for ISFPs, but that's just my own study of it.

Onceajoan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Nine is big. My brother is an ISFP 9. Very sweet person.

Just checked with my MBTI book, What Type Am I? by Renee Baron. According to the book, the most common enneagram associated with ISFP is Type 9 followed by Type 2 and then Type 4. That all makes sense to me. :yes:

wolfy

awsm
Nine seems really common. I myself am 9w8 sp/sx, I often test as seven too. Sequential.

Sunny Ghost

hmm... now i'm questioning my enneagram. i can't decide if i sound much like a 4 anymore. when i was very unhealthy, 4 sounded much like me... but 9 kinda sounds like me, too.

gromit

likes this
I am type 9. I think I am similar to 4 and to 2 and 7 in some ways, and I think I got 1 on the test once too, but the 9 description seems to fit me pretty well. As for those letters... I believe I am sp/sx.

I don't know about wings, though.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
9 and 4 would probably be the most common followed by 6 and 3?

Type 9 with 1 wing, possibly a sx/sp.

Agreed, 9 is heavily ISFP.

A 4 ISFP is possible, like a 5 ISTP is possible, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around on "why". They're like night and day compared to 9.

To me, 4 and 5 are the "extremes" of 9.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd say the majority of ISFPs are 9's. 4's are fairly common too with a smattering of 6's and 7's.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Sunny Ghost

i just haven't put as much energy into the enneagram as i have the mbti. i don't understand it as well. but i'd like to put forth more time to understanding it as thoroughly as i do the mbti.

thanks for the links.

i think i have taken the test on the first link, but i'd like to retake anyways. i appreciate it!

Sunny Ghost

Enneagram Test Results

The Enneagram is a personality system which divides the entire human personality into nine behavioral tendencies, this is your score on each...

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 46%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||| 30%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 46%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 42%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 62%

type score type behavior motivation
5 16 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
9 15 I must maintian a peaceful and easygoing environment to be happy.
2 14 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
8 14 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
1 11 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
4 11 I must be true to my emotions to be happy.
6 10 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
7 10 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
3 7 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.

according to this link, i'm a 5 sp/so/sx...

i have a really hard time deciding. the things i value are wisdom, not necessarily knowledge... though that as well. however, i don't know that i put in enough effort towards knowledge as a five would. but i do value it greatly, and when something sparks my interest, will go through great lengths to research it out. but my interest and passions are always fleeting. and i am so bad at remembering details and facts when it comes to science or history or etc.

i value peace. peace from within. i've studied buddhism and would like to learn more about hinduism. i've attempted a few meditation exercises and have done yoga... but once again, these seem to have been fleeting interest. though i do feel i gained a lot, and through studying these things have learned and grown a lot. i do have a strong desire to continue meditation with an experienced practicioner... and would love to balance out my chakras...

i also value love. passion. romance. i'm a bit of a hopeless romantic. i used to be quite depressed, extremely emotional, sad, broken... a bit of a real mess, really. but over time, and through searching for wisdom and peace, have learned to calm these aspects of self. i can no longer relate to the sad girl i once was. however, it was an intense period of my life that now seems so distant. i do, however, continue to yearn to find something that will reignite passionate and intense feelings in myself. something to connect with.

i also yearn to do good things with my life. not necessarily to be great. but a life i can be proud to have lived. i'm a doer and a helper, ultimately. i've always been attracted to careers where i'm either helping people, animals or nature. i've gone back and forth between nursing, veterinarian, psychology, environmental studies... i also majored in art and anthropology for a period. however, i ultimately decided that in the "grand scheme of things" as i had personally internalized, these career paths would have no real value or substance in a world where so much life is in need of others help. (does this make any sense? i have a hard time explaining what i mean.)

also, i do believe in the need to be strong and in control... as these things relate to the self.

so what do you guys think?? where do i seem to fit in?

Sunny Ghost

Type 4 - 11
Type 9 - 6.7
Type 5 - 5.7
Type 3 - 4

Wing 4w5 - 13.9
Wing 4w3 - 13
Wing 5w4 - 11.2
Wing 3w4 - 9.5
Wing 9w1 - 7.7
Wing 9w8 - 7.2
Wing 5w6 - 6.1
Wing 3w2 - 5.4

well... 4w5 again. haha.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 46%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||| 30%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 46%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 42%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 62%

That is the first thing that I noticed. Could probably look for a description of 9w8 and 5w4... or talk to the many people who are 9w8 and 5w4's.

Type 4 - 11
Type 9 - 6.7
Type 5 - 5.7
Type 3 - 4

Wing 4w5 - 13.9
Wing 4w3 - 13
Wing 5w4 - 11.2
Wing 3w4 - 9.5
Wing 9w1 - 7.7
Wing 9w8 - 7.2
Wing 5w6 - 6.1
Wing 3w2 - 5.4

But the scores from here sound a little conflicting.

----------------------------------------------------------

Don't want to skew what you think your type is because of me :).

Sunny Ghost

4 sounds like me... 9 sounds like me... 2 sounds like me... but i can't decide which one is more so.

even harder, because i feel i'm in a very healthy state of mind right now. and most of the enneagram focuses on negative and unhealthy characteristics. 4w5 sounded spot on when i was in my most depressive state. but as i became healthier, a lot of the descriptions didn't really sound like me. but i just read this one, and this sounds pretty accurate: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/TypeFour.asp

but, i'm about to look them all up with the various wings.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4 sounds like me... 9 sounds like me... 2 sounds like me... but i can't decide which one is more so.

even harder, because i feel i'm in a very healthy state of mind right now. and most of the enneagram focuses on negative and unhealthy characteristics. 4w5 sounded spot on when i was in my most depressive state. but as i became healthier, a lot of the descriptions didn't really sound like me. but i just read this one, and this sounds pretty accurate: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/TypeFour.asp

but, i'm about to look them all up with the various wings.

Many females tend to get type 2 because of social conditioning.

Well, if you are willing to go that far, might as well read the description of 9w8. I've had a similar experience with not knowing whether my type was 4, 5, 6 or 9. It's sort of like I said, I've felt like 4 and 5 were extreme cases to me even though both did apply to me. Often times, when you have more than one type that "seems" like you, chances are that you could just be 6 or 9 (and maybe 3.)

Sort of wished the long list of Blackcat's reference were still here.