• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram and Hormones

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Anyone have any info on any relationship between the two? It seems like there is bound to be one, with the emphasis on things like sexuality and agression, which are obviously effected by hormone levels (and yes, I know the sexuality sub-type thing isn't just about sexuality).

and yes, I put this in the wrong section

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What exactly are you asking? (I'm a little confused.) Is "hormones" just another way to say "gender" -- i.e., gender differences in the Enneagram?

As far as hormones go, both genders fluctuate in strength of hormones (from low amounts to high) so it's hard to test for that.

Testosterone, though, has been shown to contribute to sex drive... which is why women are sometimes given very small amounts of it to kick in their desire level if necessary. It also contributes to aggression.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
As far as hormones go, both genders fluctuate in strength of hormones (from low amounts to high) so it's hard to test for that.

Testosterone, though, has been shown to contribute to sex drive... which is why women are sometimes given very small amounts of it to kick in their desire level if necessary. It also contributes to aggression.

Yes, it does fluctuate, but individuals still have differing amounts, to my knowledge. For instance, I wouldn't expect someone with naturally low testosterone to be an 8.

redacted

Yes, it does fluctuate, but individuals still have differing amounts, to my knowledge. For instance, I wouldn't expect someone with naturally low testosterone to be an 8.

my friend (girl) is an 8, and she doesn't have much testosterone, lol.

redacted

yeah i figured you meant that. but i really don't think she has that "girl with a lot of testosterone" behavior.

she's an 8, though.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
yeah i figured you meant that. but i really don't think she has that "girl with a lot of testosterone" behavior.

she's an 8, though.

I think that's rather impossible, given that the description of 8 generally describes a person which has the characteristics associated with "high testosterone".

redacted

I think that's rather impossible, given that the description of 8 generally describes a person which has the characteristics associated with "high testosterone".

but she's not physically aggressive, nor sexually aggressive (she doesn't seem to have much of a sex drive), nor does she have upper lip hair, etc.

she's verbally confrontational, though.

i dunno, i guess i don't really know specific symptoms of high testosterone levels in girls; i'm just guessing. my Ni says...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is she a confirmed 8?

Also, a woman doesn't necessarily have to have a lot of natural testosterone as a teen/adult to have testosterone-impacted behavior; a lot of brain wiring occurs in the womb, and higher levels of testosterone (for whatever reason) in the mother could actually impact a developing fetus.

machintruc

MBTI Type
ENTJ
but she's not physically aggressive, nor sexually aggressive (she doesn't seem to have much of a sex drive), nor does she have upper lip hair, etc.

she's verbally confrontational, though.

i dunno, i guess i don't really know specific symptoms of high testosterone levels in girls; i'm just guessing. my Ni says...

She may be E5 or E1 as well. Some Fives or Ones are verbally confrontational. (that's my case)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Is she a confirmed 8?

Also, a woman doesn't necessarily have to have a lot of natural testosterone as a teen/adult to have testosterone-impacted behavior; a lot of brain wiring occurs in the womb, and higher levels of testosterone (for whatever reason) in the mother could actually impact a developing fetus.

Yeah, this is why I did not actually speak about serum testosterone levels but what is commonly referred to as high-t behavior ;)

redacted

Is she a confirmed 8?

i mean, how is type confirm-able anyways?

she's an 8 according to me, and according to the only other person i know who knows anything about enneagram. but it's possible we're both wrong. i mean, it's possible i'm wrong about everything...

i could also be wrong about her not having high levels of testosterone.
or the supposed correlation between testosterone and 8s could be wrong...

i've been in a weird mindset about this lately...everything is so arbitrary. aaaaaaaah :confused:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i mean, how is type confirm-able anyways? she's an 8 according to me, and according to the only other person i know who knows anything about enneagram. but it's possible we're both wrong. i mean, it's possible i'm wrong about everything...

You are totally right, I more just wanted to note the various potential flaws here... one of them being that she is potentially mistyped... I guess I could have stated that more clearly. :)

(Not saying she is at all, it is just one possibility among many.)

i've been in a weird mindset about this lately...everything is so arbitrary. aaaaaaaah :confused:

Gaaaa! Ni OVERLOAD! RUN AWAY!