• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most common and most rare enneatype?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'ma copy/pasta this from the library of Forever:

Extremely common
3w2 So/Sp, 3w4 Sp/Sx, 6w5 Sp/So, 6w5 Sp/Sx

Very common
3w2 So/Sx, 6w7 So/Sp, 6w7 So/Sx, 7w6 So/Sx, 8w9 Sp/So

Common
1w9 So/Sp, 3w2 Sp/Sx, 3w4 So/Sp, 7w8 So/Sx, 9w8 So/Sx, 9w1 Sp/So

Quite common
1w9 Sp/So, 2w3 So/Sx, 3w4 So/Sx, 6w7 Sp/So, 6w7 Sp/Sx, 9w1 Sx/Sp

Averagely common
1w9 Sp/Sx, 1w2 So/Sp, 4w3 So/Sx, 5w6 Sp/So, 6w7 Sx/Sp, 7w6 Sp/Sx, 7w6 So/Sp, 7w8 Sx/Sp, 8w7 Sp/So, 9w8 Sp/So, 9w8 Sp/Sx, 9w8 Sx/Sp, 9w1 Sp/Sx

Quite rare
1w9 So/Sx, 1w2 Sp/So, 2w3 So/Sp, 3w2 Sp/So, 3w4 Sx/So, 4w3 Sp/Sx, 4w5 Sp/Sx, 5w4 Sp/Sx, 5w6 Sp/Sx, 5w6 So/Sp, 6w5 So/Sp, 6w5 So/Sx, 6w7 Sx/So, 7w6 Sx/Sp, 8w7 So/Sx, 8w7 Sx/So, 8w9 Sp/Sx, 8w9 So/Sp, 8w9 Sx/Sp, 9w8 So/Sp, 9w1 So/Sp

Rare
2w1 Sp/So, 2w1 So/Sx, 2w3 Sp/So, 3w2 Sx/Sp, 3w4 Sx/Sp, 4w3 So/Sp, 5w4 So/Sx, 5w4 Sx/Sp, 6w5 Sx/Sp, 7w6 Sp/So, 7w6 Sx/So, 7w8 Sp/Sx, 7w8 So/Sp, 7w8 Sx/So, 8w7 Sp/Sx, 8w7 So/Sp, 9w1 So/Sx, 9w1 Sx/So

Very rare
1w9 Sx/Sp, 1w9 Sx/So, 1w2 Sp/Sx, 1w2 So/Sx, 1w2 Sx/Sp, 1w2 Sx/So, 2w1 Sp/Sx, 2w1 So/Sp, 2w1 Sx/So, 2w3 Sp/Sx, 2w3 Sx/Sp, 2w3 Sx/So, 3w2 Sx/So, 4w3 Sp/So, 4w3 Sx/Sp, 4w3 Sx/So, 4w5 So/Sp, 4w5 Sx/Sp, 5w4 Sp/So, 5w4 So/Sp, 5w6 So/Sx, 5w6 Sx/Sp, 5w6 Sx/So, 6w5 Sx/So, 7w8 Sp/So, 8w9 So/Sx, 8w9 Sx/So, 9w8 Sx/So

Extremely rare
2w1 Sx/Sp, 4w5 Sp/So, 4w5 So/Sx, 4w5 Sx/So, 5w4 Sx/So, 8w7 Sx/Sp

SigmaEnigma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Atleast around where I live -
Most common: 3, 6, 7
Least common: 1, 4, 5

SigmaEnigma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2s are also somewhat rare considering female 6s can easily be mistyped as 2s.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
2s are also somewhat rare considering female 6s can easily be mistyped as 2s.

Ikr?! I thought my mum was a 2 for ages but I think she's a 6w7. I've noticed that the SFP 6s seems more nervous then the SFJ ones.

SigmaEnigma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ikr?! I thought my mum was a 2 for ages but I think she's a 6w7. I've noticed that the SFP 6s seems more nervous then the SFJ ones.

2s seek love in a more openly expressed, but also independent sort of way and are often more dominant personalities. 2ish 6s seek love mainly through loyalty towards family or whatever it may be, and look more to others for leadership. As for SF 6s, I would guess it depends on the kind of 6 more so than type.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so what do u think whats most common etype?

id say 6, definately. After that 1,3,9 are in top 4:/

the rarest -> 5 & 2. women often mistype as 2s, i think. or it appears rare to me bc
they arent really prone to working on themselves so not much of 2s online.:/ i am not sure i ever met a 2!

5s because of a few INs in general.

I apologize to all 4s for leaving them out of the least common types list.. but the thing is that 4 is quite common, even among SJs not that rare as people think:)

So, what do you think?

This should answer the question. 2s and 6s are the most common and 8s are the least common.

Enneagram_Freqency_Chart.png

SigmaEnigma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This should answer the question. 2s and 6s are the most common and 8s are the least common.

Enneagram_Freqency_Chart.png

Wouldn't that be bias towards people on the two sites though? In that case, it would be more a measure of people interested in typology than the general population.

SigmaEnigma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also what is the CPP Baseline?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wouldn't that be bias towards people on the two sites though? In that case, it would be more a measure of people interested in typology than the general population.

It's a good question. I don't think so. I normalized the numbers to what they would be if we had a standard distribution of the 16 MBTI types on the sites. It's explained further here. If you look at the raw numbers in that link I provided before the normalization, there are an enormous number of 4s and 5s on the site compared to other types.However, I'm not a statistician so there may be some flaw in my logic. As of yet, nobody has pointed out a flaw in the way I've analyzed this.

The one thing I found especially telling in the two sets of numbers was the difference for 6s and 8s. Either there are a lot more 8s on TypologyCentral than the other site or there is a bias on one of the sites as to how people mistype between those two.

SigmaEnigma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a good question. I don't think so. I normalized the numbers to what they would be if we had a standard distribution of the 16 MBTI types on the sites. It's explained further here. If you look at the raw numbers in that link I provided before the normalization, there are an enormous number of 4s and 5s on the site compared to other types.However, I'm not a statistician so there may be some flaw in my logic. As of yet, nobody has pointed out a flaw in the way I've analyzed this.

The one thing I found especially telling in the two sets of numbers was the difference for 6s and 8s. Either there are a lot more 8s on TypologyCentral than the other site or there is a bias on one of the sites as to how people mistype between those two.

First off for the 6/8 situation, obviously there’s no way to truly know for sure on that unless you were to do something truly ridiculous like survey/screen the majority of 6s and 8s on the sites to find either a common mistype (Meaning the sites define the 2 types differently from each other therefore passing influence onto people typing themselves), or bias regarding how the types are viewed on each site (For instance say one of the sites gives more respect to 8s than 6s or the other way around, two things would happen in this situation: 1. People would favor being referred to as an 8 rather than a 6 or vice versa and would wear a false type on their profile, or straight up convince themselves they’re the other type. 2. The type that is favored on each site is more likely to make an account on the site they feel more comfortable on.
Personally, having been a lurker on both sites for many years, I think it’s likely a mix, perhaps leaning a bit towards the first possibility of each site defining the types differently (which come to think of it would in some cases lead to the issues presented in the second possibility I.E. differences in general opinion and personal bias brought about by a difference in definition).

As for the statistic as a whole, the only possible issue I could find besides mistypes (which is obviously unavoidable), is that even after being normalized, the statistic is still obviously based off of for example way more INxx than ESxx, obviously meaning that the accuracy of the enneagram correlation to the ESxx is still much lower than that of the INxx because it is making assumptions based on less people. It could also be argued that certain combinations (that may be common in the real world), or even certain enneagram types in general are simply less likely to be interested in the mbti or enneagram and therefore do not take part in the online community.

Excuse me if I misspoke at any point, it is very late here.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First off for the 6/8 situation, obviously there’s no way to truly know for sure on that unless you were to do something truly ridiculous like survey/screen the majority of 6s and 8s on the sites to find either a common mistype (Meaning the sites define the 2 types differently from each other therefore passing influence onto people typing themselves), or bias regarding how the types are viewed on each site (For instance say one of the sites gives more respect to 8s than 6s or the other way around, two things would happen in this situation: 1. People would favor being referred to as an 8 rather than a 6 or vice versa and would wear a false type on their profile, or straight up convince themselves they’re the other type. 2. The type that is favored on each site is more likely to make an account on the site they feel more comfortable on.
Personally, having been a lurker on both sites for many years, I think it’s likely a mix, perhaps leaning a bit towards the first possibility of each site defining the types differently (which come to think of it would in some cases lead to the issues presented in the second possibility I.E. differences in general opinion and personal bias brought about by a difference in definition).

As for the statistic as a whole, the only possible issue I could find besides mistypes (which is obviously unavoidable), is that even after being normalized, the statistic is still obviously based off of for example way more INxx than ESxx, obviously meaning that the accuracy of the enneagram correlation to the ESxx is still much lower than that of the INxx because it is making assumptions based on less people. It could also be argued that certain combinations (that may be common in the real world), or even certain enneagram types in general are simply less likely to be interested in the mbti or enneagram and therefore do not take part in the online community.

Excuse me if I misspoke at any point, it is very late here.

Yes, that's exactly it. I think its number 1.

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think 8s are pretty rare, 2s, and 1s.

The most common seems to be 6s or 9s. I hate 6s tho, I'm most likely to stay away from them.

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do you hate 6s?

I've had some pretty bad experiences with them. They were always unhealthy ones though. I have yet to meet a 6 that was healthy. I'm looking forward to meeting one. I would like my opinion to change about them.

bundleofsunshine

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9's aren't common. People are just stereotyping lazy or chill 6w5s as 9s. 6s and 3w4s are the most common and the other types are far behind.

bundleofsunshine

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ignore my last ill-informed post.

common
6w7 (the ESxJ majority)
6w5 (the ISxJ majority and ISTPs)
9w1 (the second most common kind of ISFJ and ISFPs)
3w2 (the second most common kind of ESTJ)
7w6 (the ESFPs)
7w8 (the ESTPs)

moderate
1w2 (the third most common kind of ISFJ)
2w3 (the second most common kind of ESFJ)
3w4 (the third most common kind of ESTJ)
5w6
9w8
1w9

rare
2w1
8w7
8w9
4w5
4w3
5w4

Last edited:

PeaceLoveEmpathy127

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Same my mum knows a bit about mbti and is ENFP, and for ages I thought she was a 2 until she took a test and got 6w7.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4 and 5 and all sx dom are the rarest. If you think you're these, you quite likely may be wrong/working with poor descriptions of what they actually are, since there is so much misinformation out there about them. (For instance, sx is not one-to-one, it's the sexual instinct. If that offends you, you probably aren't sx dom.)

6 and 9 by far the most common. 6 has a lot of bad descriptions out there too, which make them sound far less complex and interesting than they actually are.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think enneagram 4 thinkers are very rare, especially enneagram 2, and enneagram 8 feelers would also be pretty unlikely (but unlikely doesn't mean impossible), 5 probably close to more rare as well. Those are the unorthodox combinations that are uncommon enough to be not everywhere and cause people to complain and bicker over whether it's even possible (I think virtually any combination is possible, just some are far less frequent than others because it can seem contradictory) but some of us as human beings are quite ... contradictory, more rare, ect. Whereas some others just want to be, causing biases or mistyping's. All over forums it's always a super questionable thing and people arguing over whether combinations are even possible at all, or if there's some unspoken rule against it. Ultimately, people will believe what they will, but while some are hard to believe as likely, the human psyche is so damn vast I just can't see how there wouldn't be room for that inevitable potentiality. Personally I see any combinations like these are, in a way, both feelers and thinkers in a more balanced sense, if that makes sense.

Idk how rare enneagrams by themselves are but it's interesting to see what people think. Hmm.

I guess sx dom would be rare. sx/sp or sx/so? I guess? Seems to me most humans are very... well, not as intense nor go as deep as quickly as I do about things. So I can probably see that.

Most common? Nothing concrete but i can see these all as more common than not

1 - stj
2 - nfj
3 - entj entp?
4 - nfp?
5 - intp intj?
6 - istj isfj maybe nfj?
7 - esfp estp entp enfp
8 - entj?
9 - infp? isfp? infj?