• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Your Tritype

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
6w7(Head. Main type)-1(gut)-4(heart).

Last edited:

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
4-5-1

Uppity, idealistic moralist? Moi? :D

ellyka112

MBTI Type
elly
Enneagram
elly
Going by http://pstypes.blogspot.com/2009/11/enneagram-tritype-descriptions-type.html,

I'm either 5-4-8 or 5-3-9.

5-4-8 because that white-hot visceral, temperamental side does lie very close to the surface, but almost always have complete awareness/control over it.

5-3-9 because that intensely image-conscious side is there.

Assuming that blogger's observations are remotely accurate, 5-3-9 makes sense in that primary 5 energy could be perceived as tertiary 8 energy because both seem so outwardly similar.
Likewise, 5-4-8 could make sense because 5s and 9s both desire calm, though on different levels.
Right now, I'm leaning towards 5-3-9 in that I tend not to indulge in 4 romantic daydreams so much as formulating hypotheses regarding what fulfills the deepest desires of the human collective. Brief spurts of planned, periodic, spastic, but electric interaction followed by lots of isolated contemplation/speculation. Whatever comes out of my mouth usually seems appropriate, but is fine-tuned within conversation/mid-sentence to instigate the other(s) either by freezing, fishing out then isolating their unconscious motivations outright to suggest something outrageous, i.e. highlight the notion that they may have made a claim without my straying from use of expected/typical responses (that part of the def. resonates with me), or if I'm feeling particularly conciliatory, I'll at least give the impression of attempting to merge those observations with how I'd respond. Otherwise, I may physically vacate the interaction without losing/misplacing any focus, which, in fact, tends to rise, much like how a microscope operates. So while I'm capable of fine-tuned, fully expressive engagement, once that energy is (quite rapidly) depleted, it's as if an invisible cane begins pulling me off the stage, complete w/ arms flailing, etc. because it isn't an entirely voluntary act, as data's always a scarcity, and... plumping the depths of human consciousness gets kinda boring when you are your own subject most of the time.

with types like 3,6,9 i doesnt really matter how you define tritype bc in both definitions you you can be 3-6-9
but with types such as 5/7 and 2/4 it does because their (dis)integration points arent in all 3 parts(head,gut,heart) but I read in some book, probab Riso since it was on books.google that "7(and5) is most far away from image triad, so image problems in sense of triad definition,ex.shame, are least expressed in 7/5"
same can prob apply to 2/4.

ellyka112

MBTI Type
elly
Enneagram
elly
with types like 3,6,9 i doesnt really matter how you define tritype bc in both definitions you you can be 3-6-9
but with types such as 5/7 and 2/4 it does because their (dis)integration points arent in all 3 parts(head,gut,heart) but I read in some book, probab Riso since it was on books.google that "7(and5) is most far away from image triad, so image problems in sense of triad definition,ex.shame, are least expressed in 7/5"
same can prob apply to 2/4.
which would mean that I dont see a reason why someone would have to relate to a type in each division. Its similar like wings. You can score as 4,1,2,6,7,8,9,5,3. and then test gives u "4w5" answer and you score almost lowest on 5 - so since when its likely that w5 says anything about you if you score so low?
the same with tritype : as much as idea od having type in each triad is charming, in psych i doesnt work that way. You can relate to descriptions of some types but Enneagram is not about descriptions and I doubt that any other types, besides 4 itself, describe a 4's motivations&fixations better than 1&2. I guess tritype is only invented to popularize enneagram for people who can relate to many types so in order to sell enneagram to them they had to give them liberty to pick types without sense. When you look how your psyche really functions you just see what you see from enneagram simbol.

Thanks for sharing. It's geat