• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Likelyhood of INTP...

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Being a 4w5. I read that usually the intellectual 4 seems like a five, but could an INTP be a 4w5 and not be mistaken about his type of thinking?

Fan.of.Devin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
*points to signature*

I don't know a ton about enneagram, but I don't see any reason INTP's and 4's should be mutually exclusive.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
You're really whatever you identify with most...What is it that bugs you about being 4w5, what is it that you feel doesn't fit? Have you considered 5w4?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

It just seems that the majority of 5's are either INTJ and INTP with an INFJ exception throughout. I know they don't monopolize the market, even though it may appear to be so, you just don't see an INTP with an enneagram of 4w5. This leads me to believe that I may be an INFP... however I just don't seem to relate with an INFP that I know. I know that's a sample size of one, but that's all I really have. I was just wondering if someone who knew about enneagram could enlighten me and explain enneagramial (not a real word) tendencies with cognitive functions and how they relate, if they do.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm hoping he'll use his enneagram senses and sniff his way here.

Chloe

i know INTP 4, he was considering INFP or INTP and 4 or 5. In the end, he feels more emotional than most INTPs, he doesnt relate to NF temperament. He is not idealistic.Actually he's typical NT valuing intellect above everything else. We used to clash a lot over NF vs NT stuff.
So, he figured he's INTP and 4, he is really typical representative of 4, artist, thinks he's unique, snobby, considers himself intellectual elite, drama queen...
and I noticed in heim 4 -> 2 switch, he can overplease people but then suddenly go back to being me,me,me

VagrantFarce

It just seems that the majority of 5's are either INTJ and INTP with an INFJ exception throughout. I know they don't monopolize the market, even though it may appear to be so, you just don't see an INTP with an enneagram of 4w5. This leads me to believe that I may be an INFP... however I just don't seem to relate with an INFP that I know. I know that's a sample size of one, but that's all I really have. I was just wondering if someone who knew about enneagram could enlighten me and explain enneagramial (not a real word) tendencies with cognitive functions and how they relate, if they do.

You seem to be over-thinking this.

Hint hint.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Ahhhhhhh, yes. I suppose that does make me more five doesn't it... well. Thank you for solving that.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I promised you I'd respond to your thread... but I had to go out of town and THEN when I got back my power was out for 24 hours... and after that my internet out for 2 days. X_X

But INTP 4's aren't that uncommon. You could just have a strong 4 wing if you're considering 5 for your type. Maybe 5w4 sx/sp?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Well I promised you I'd respond to your thread... but I had to go out of town and THEN when I got back my power was out for 24 hours... and after that my internet out for 2 days. X_X

But INTP 4's aren't that uncommon. You could just have a strong 4 wing if you're considering 5 for your type. Maybe 5w4 sx/sp?

I appreciate your response :). It also brings to light a question that I actually have about enneagram. How far does the wing encroach on the overall personality before you begin to considered it (the wing) to actually be your type. Is there a certain boundary? I also remember you giving me a type 7 enneagram and I was wondering perhaps which you perceive to be more prevalent within me? I understand that their is no physical interaction between us, but perhaps my posts elude to a certain type.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You did give off a 7 feel, but also 5 integrates to 7 (might have seen some of that). And wings are still apparent within someone's personality, they're just more minor. Not the main motivation, but still one. I myself feel very 8, but I know deep down I'm still a 9. Maybe that's the case with you too?