• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How can an 8 become a 2

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
maybe you should change what you attempt to help people with and they'd be more receptive.

Maybe my passion and strengths only reveal themselves in certain kinds of help. I don't want to help people just to help them. I want to help people so they can help themselves and others. And if I'm not doing something I'm passionate about might as well go work construction.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
makes sense.

O

Oberon

I once heard a fellow complain about having gone to bed with an 8 and woken up with a 2... I suspect alcohol was involved.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You can't change types, you can only become healthier. And to do that you have to go against everything you believe in, ironically this seems harder for 8's, there is advice on enneagram sites. Do not be manipulate ever, ever thay are cunts

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The 8 descriptions make us sound like psychopaths.

well.
1s - ruthless crusaders
2s - manipulative people-pleasers
3s - vindictive elitists
4s - self-obsessed emos
5s - reclusive know-it-alls
6s - skeptical sheep
7s - materialistic gluttons
8s - controlling psychopaths
9s - complacent potheads

better? :)

Anyways, I'm probably a chimera though. ENFPs aren't supposed to be 8s. And 8s aren't supposed to be ENFPs. I seem to neither have the qualities of an ENFP nor the ones of an 8, which is crap!

it's ok sy, i'm a weirdo too ;) :hug: i'm a 3. ENFP's aren't supposed to be 3s and vice versa either.

that said i think it's actually fairly easy to see how 8 could become 2 by asking what would happen if you placated 8s' basic fear (to protect themselves). once you don't have to protect yourself anymore, and watch out for your own back all the time, you are left with a gift for controlling your environment but not a driving need to do it for yourself. so, in seeing others around you whose lives are difficult, you may then be inspired to use your gift to help them. it's loving and altruistic, like the good side of 2.