• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Differences between 9w1 and 9w8

untypeable

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
N/A
Hello! I'm new, so I might as well introduce myself. *bows* You can call me untypeable, or just type, whichever you perfer (or is it prefer?). :hi:

Anyway, I want to ask the differences between 9w1 and 9w8. I know I'm a 9, I sound almost exactly like it. I'm also an INFJ, if that helps.

Thanks, and let me know if you need anymore personality information about me. :)

untypeable

untypeable

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
N/A
My blog shows some info about me.

Also, I really want to know. :(

Thanks.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
9w8 is probably more aggressive and 9w1 is probably more serious- however, neither type is particularly aggressive or serious given the nature of the 9.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
I would prefer to have some real-life experience to give you some examples, but what I have read indicates the 9w8 are slightly more aggressive and perhaps "down to earth" than 9w1. There is a nearby thread about 9s that contrasts the two quite well.

I have also read that 9w1 fears separation from loved ones (like all 9s), while for 9w8 it is more of a fear of losing them permanently. I find this a little odd because as an INTP I really have no problem being away from home or my boyfriend, and never have. Are 9s supposed to be clingy? I am definitely not.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have also read that 9w1 fears separation from loved ones (like all 9s), while for 9w8 it is more of a fear of losing them permanently. I find this a little odd because as an INTP I really have no problem being away from home or my boyfriend, and never have. Are 9s supposed to be clingy? I am definitely not.

Hilo, I think you interpreted it in a different way than I did. I read being separated/permanently losing loved ones not as something that is about the fear of just going away from loved ones. Really, I actually don't mind being away from home or friends.

How I interpreted it, instead of being away from loved ones, is more like losing your relationship with a very close family member or close friend just because of an issue of some sort. The example is a bit extreme, but you can imagine what happens in a bond so close. Contrast that to someone you don't care much about, you can see a difference.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
Hilo, I think you interpreted it in a different way than I did. I read being separated/permanently losing loved ones not as something that is about the fear of just going away from loved ones. Really, I actually don't mind being away from home or friends.

How I interpreted it, instead of being away from loved ones, is more like losing your relationship with a very close family member or close friend just because of an issue of some sort. The example is a bit extreme, but you can imagine what happens in a bond so close. Contrast that to someone you don't care much about, you can see a difference.

oooook. right. That makes more sense. now I have to think about if I am really like that. I do HATE the idea of having an ex hate me after a breakup. I am always bending over backwards trying to maintain a friendship even if it is not a good idea....