• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What enneagram type am I?

G

Glycerine

I thought I was 9 at first, 3 for a little while, and can relate to 5 a lot. I am a SP/SO for sure. What vibe do I give off, enneagram masters?

9: I am a huge door mat, avoid conflict at all costs, very self contained. As long as something doesn't affect me directly, I stay calm in conflict situations, agreeable to a fault, have a tendency to sweep uncomfortable situations under the rug and pretend everything is good.

3: I will do anything I need to do if I have a goal at hand. I am image-conscious to an extent but I rarely dress up and put makeup on. In other words, very casual. I resent people who try to force a certain public image on me. I can be a braggart but at the same time, I hate tooting my own horn and don't like to be publicly recognized for stuff. People say I am too modest and humble for my own good. On the other hand, I can be very competitive and size people up.

5: 90% of my day consists of analyzing ideas and thoughts. You could say that I can be very detached from the world, aloof and in my own head a lot. If there is an emotional situation, I completely detach from the situation and analyze what could be fixed. I am insanely private and am not very in tune with my emotions whatsoever.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You feel like a 9 to me...but, ask Blackcat, he might be able to help ya ;)

VagrantFarce

How are you with enforcing personal boundaries? Do you tend to withdraw in an effort to reinforce them, or do you easily lose sight of your own agenda?

G

Glycerine

I suck at enforcing boundaries...so I guess tend to lose sight of them? If it helps. I will be really relaxed about boundaries but I will start to blow up at people months later and eventually realize that I was actually really mad about having my boundaries violated. At the time of the occurrence, I will rationalize any discomfort away and downplay my emotions. It's all fine and dandy. It's an accumulative effect of numerous occurrences where I start to resent people.

Rena

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
I suck at enforcing boundaries...so I guess tend to lose sight of them? If it helps. I will be really relaxed about boundaries but I will start to blow up at people months later and eventually realize that I was actually really mad about having my boundaries violated. At the time of the occurrence, I will rationalize any discomfort away and downplay my emotions. It's all fine and dandy. It's an accumulative effect of numerous occurrences where I start to resent people.

I would lean towards Nine as well. Have you read the full descriptions of both the Five and the Nine? Both Five and Nine can be introverted, but Fives assert their boundaries and don't have difficulty detaching from others. Nines have a very hard time with maintaining personal boundaries, always giving in when under pressure to keep the peace.

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV
I think 9. I feel like a 9/5 toss up as well. It's a good thing=P

G

Glycerine

I would lean towards Nine as well. Have you read the full descriptions of both the Five and the Nine? Both Five and Nine can be introverted, but Fives assert their boundaries and don't have difficulty detaching from others. Nines have a very hard time with maintaining personal boundaries, always giving in when under pressure to keep the peace.
It's funny. I thought I was a 3w4 SP eNFJ. :) I read some profiles. yes, I think nine fit me more because I typically won't assert myself even if I think the person is the biggest jerk. I will just be like "uh ok, that's cool....", keep the conversation short and to the point, and limit my time with the individual. However, I do speak my mind when I see something as crucial or shit is really starting to hit the fan.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
6w5.. just a guess.. But 6w5 is Fe/Ni/Se defined.. truly..

G

Glycerine

hmmmm... thanks for your suggestion. :) I am not quite sure that I'm a type 6 though. "More importantly, you want to have certainty and security, putting your faith in a trusted authority, belief system or tradition." Not exactly me.

"Because Sixes so frequently fail to appreciate the extent of their own fear, they often mistype themselves. It is common for instance, for female Sixes to mistype as Twos, especially if they are identified with a helper role, but Sixes have a much more ambivalent attitude towards relationships than do Twos, who generally know exactly what they want. Sixes, failing to recognize their anxiety, can mistype as Nines, but Nines have the ability to relax and to trust in others, neither of which come easily to Sixes. Sixes can mistype as Fours, especially if they have artistic inclinations, but they lack the Four's self-absorption. They can mistype as Fives, especially if they are intellectual, as many Sixes are, but unlike Fives, Sixes tend to be practical. Finally, conterphobic Sixes can easily mistype as Eights, but they lack the Eight's self-certainty." Interesting stuff.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
More importantly, you want to have certainty and security, putting your faith in a trusted authority, belief system or tradition.
That is perhaps the most misunderstood thing about type 6.
This means you want consistency, the trusted authority is love, the belief and tradition are your ideas about people. and what matters to you.. no where does it say the law you follow or system you believe is not your own.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would've guessed 2w1....if you're between the above 3, then I'd go with 3w2 or 9w1. What do you usually test?

G

Glycerine

I think got between 2/4 before? Is this based on the feel of my posts (just curious)? That would be crazy if I were 2w1 because my ESFJ dad is a 3w2 or 2w3 and my INFP mother is 2w1. That would explain the dynamic in the family. :laugh:
Arc, I am still not quite sure but you did make some some great points, thank you.

G

Glycerine

So it looks like 9,6,3, 2. I could see myself as 9 or 3 and kind of 6 or 2 (I related to some parts of the profiles).

momof3

MBTI Type
enfj
Enneagram
Pitseleh,

I am certainly no expert, but I thought of Type 6w5 for you as well. The fact that Type 6 integrates to a Type 9 and disintegrates to a Type 3 may also be something to consider.

Do you have an "inner committee" in your head that you consult with when making decisions? Is it difficult for you to make a decision that may disappoint others?

My advice is to keep thinking about it before making any decisions as to what type you are. Journaling is a great way to understand yourself better, and the answer should come with time (at least I think! I still waiver sometimes from thinking I know what type I am!). Enjoy the journey!

G

Glycerine

Ok, actually that makes a lot of sense. yes, I definitely do have an "inner committee" in my head when making decisions. That could explain why I come as a "Thinker" to people I am not close to. I am more skeptic/doubter type than the conformist type. Somebody wrote a case study on me for class and from my answers on the case study, I think you and Arclight could be right. I sounded like a paranoid freak. lol

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That is perhaps the most misunderstood thing about type 6.
This means you want consistency, the trusted authority is love, the belief and tradition are your ideas about people. and what matters to you.. no where does it say the law you follow or system you believe is not your own.

Yup. I think the "following authority", etc thing is perhaps the main reason why next to no one on this forum seems to identify themselves as 6, when in fact it's possibly the most common enneatype... ;)

G

Glycerine

I got 6 (86%) , 2 (78%), and 4(74%) on a test. I don't want to be 6... it sounds dreadful but it sounds pretty right on.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I got 6 (86%) , 2 (78%), and 4(74%) on a test. I don't want to be 6... it sounds dreadful but it sounds pretty right on.

It's misunderstood.. and if you are healthy it's by far and away the coolest type of all. 6's are magnetic

G

Glycerine

School brings out a really nasty 3 mode but other than that, I think that I'm fairly healthy. It makes sense that people mistake me as an XSTX type sometimes, IRL.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's misunderstood.. and if you are healthy it's by far and away the coolest type of all. 6's are magnetic

Woohoo! :D

Yup, "sounds dreadful". That pretty much sums up why there are loads of 6s mis-typing themselves. I think that was even my first reaction. I assumed I was supposed to be 4 because I was INFJ...and so much of it just didn't fit. I cringed a bit about 6 at first but on looking into it more found much that applied to me and much to appreciate.

As Arclight said, healthy 6s are great. They have strengths and weaknesses like any other type. And it encompasses a very wide range of MBTI types. One of the enneagram books I have said of this type - unlike any others - that it can easily encompass any MBTI type, though obviously some are more likely than others.