• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wing? And "I must be [x] to be happy"?

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
In another thread Halla posted this link as a decent enneagram test, and, as a way to relax after work, I just took it

Perhaps someone(s) could help me with two questions about the results.

Here are my results.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||||||| 82%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||| 34%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity || 10%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||| 46%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||| 38%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||||| 90%

type score type behavior motivation
9 22 I must maintain a peaceful and easygoing environment to be happy.
2 20 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
7 16 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
1 13 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
5 11 I must be knowledgeable and independent to be happy.
8 11 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
6 9 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
3 8 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
4 2 I must be true to my emotions to be happy.

Your main type is Type 9

Your variant is social
(so, then sx, and lowest on sp)

Question 1: Is there a strong enough wing here to be able to say which one it is?

Question 2: Why do the results all say "I must be [x]to be happy" except 9?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Question 2: Why do the results all say "I must be [x]to be happy" except 9?

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP

Yeah, that's what I mean. All the other eight say that "I must be something" and nine says "I must do something."

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I moved the types around for convenience.

Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 46%=Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||| 46%

Question 1: Lets look at your top three types. This would be 9, 2 and 7.

Your type and your wings are generally around the top 3 types + the higher of the two wings that go with it (but it could possibly be lower.)

It might generally say something like this you are most likely (on a sliding scale) have a type that is:
9w1
9w8
2w1
7w8
etc.

Question 2: Don't need to worry why that is, though you might want to read the description of 9.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, that's what I mean. All the other eight say that "I must be something" and nine says "I must do something."

oh...didn't realize that distinction was important...hmm...well they're peacemakers...it involves action...i don't know what to tell ya.

wolfy

awsm
I suppose that is part of the theory that nines merge with their environment. So, you become a part of it and don't see a split. Maybe...

G

garbage

It's just an inconsistent phrasing, and it could easily say something like "I must be in a peaceful and happy environment to be happy."

I mean, "maintain" is an action, too.

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
It's just an inconsistent phrasing

Yes, perhaps.

Or perhaps what Wolfy said, merging with environment. It seems to me that "calmness" could come from something other than a need/drive to be something. It could come from generally being okay with 'whatever'.

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
I moved the types around for convenience.

Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 46%=Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||| 46%

Question 1: Lets look at your top three types. This would be 9, 2 and 7.

Your type and your wings are generally around the top 3 types + the higher of the two wings that go with it (but it could possibly be lower.)

It might generally say something like this you are most likely (on a sliding scale) have a type that is:
9w1
9w8
2w1
7w8
etc.

Question 2: Don't need to worry why that is, though you might want to read the description of 9.

Thanks for all of the above.

I saw a long description in a post by Black Cat. Will go read.

Rena

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
It's interesting that it's worded that way- be vs maintain. I wonder if it's because for a Nine, their personal happiness revolves around the people around them being happy. That, in turn, makes the Nine happy. :unsure: It's an interesting thought.... anyway, I do think your results on the test indicate you are more likely to have a One wing than an Eight. However, not everyone has a strong wing. You may find you relate to the description of type Nine as a whole. Have you read up on it? What did you think?

Nine with a One-Wing
“The Dreamer”

The traits of the Nine and those of the One tend to reinforce each other. Nines repress their emotions to maintain self-control while Ones repress their emotions to maintain self-control. Thus, this subtype tends to be more cerebral than the Nine with an Eight-wing–more interested in ideas, symbols, and concepts. In this subtype we see people who are more emotionally controlled and cooler than those in the other subtype, although they may well display moments of anger and moral indignation. Out of the blue, the complacent, agreeable Nine becomes critical and sarcastic. Both subtypes of the Nine are attracted to questions of philosophy and spirituality, but in the Nine with a One-wing there is a distinctive idealistic quality in their beliefs.

Healthy persons of this subtype possess enormous integrity and are extremely principled. Their great common sense helps them to be wise in their judgments, particularly about others. They are alert to issues of fairness and objectivity when they are called on to act or to judge situations. Healthy Nines with a One-wing are wonderful at synthesizing different schools of thought and sorting out the common threads between them. They can be highly imaginative and creative, seeking to express and share their visions of an ideal world. They tend to be sunny and friendly, but with a certain seriousness about their ideals. They enjoy teaching, and may be moral leaders, teaching most effectively by their example. This subtype makes a good friend or therapist, balancing the Nine’s nonjudgmental listening with the One’s wisdom and desire to give helpful advice.

Average persons of this subtype may be crusaders of some sort, because they seek to improve the world in whatever way they can. They are sure of their opinions and usually have fixed ideas about their basic beliefs. They tend to be orderly and self-controlled, particularly with their emotions. At the same time, average Nines with a One-wing tend to get caught up in non-essential activities, which can derail their ability to stay on track with long range goals. They can be quite busy, all though many of their activities are geared toward maintaining order and the status quo. They are less adventurous, and want to avoid all personal conflicts. They often repress their anger more than Nines with an Eight-wing, and are more likely to become testy and smolder through clenched teeth rather than raise their voice or cause a scene, especially in public. In such cases, they can be passive-aggressive, and sarcastic. Average Nines with a One-wing are concerned with propriety and respectability, and often feel morally superior to others. There is a “prim and proper” quality to them and they tend to be perfectionists in some areas of their lives, and negligent in others.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can have balanced wings, it's not uncommon. Reading them up would let you pin it down easily enough. I choose not to worry about mine, wings are somewhat unimportant. I think Rebe was onto something above with the be vs maintain. You'd have to question the author to get a better answer than that one.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 46%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 9 Calmness |||||| 30%

Hmmm.. this is beyond me...

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 46%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 9 Calmness |||||| 30%

Hmmm.. this is beyond me...

1- The Reformer

You also scored high on 4, you may be under some kind of stress? that may cause an ennegram one to act out on fours defense mechanisms. Although, you are an INFP right? This is more likely:4- The individualist. And you may have scored 1 simply because 1s values are similar to INFP values. It's hard to tell, you will have to read the profiles and see if you can relate :D

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
1- The Reformer

You also scored high on 4, you may be under some kind of stress? that may cause an ennegram one to act out on fours defense mechanisms. Although, you are an INFP right? This is more likely:4- The individualist. And you may have scored 1 simply because 1s values are similar to INFP values. It's hard to tell, you will have to read the profiles and see if you can relate :D

Thanks.. Will do ^^
Well, first month of school is stressful