• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Match a city with each enneagram

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Plains in Berlin? Where did you see plains? (am having a mental image of the empty prairie and tumbleweeds here, which doesn't really work with Germany)

Well, I got there by car, so one of my clearest memories is related to kms and kms of plains to go through in order to get there.

On the other hand it is vibrant, very accepting (if you want to dress like a goth, a hipster or like you just fell out of a tree, feel free), it has one of the best clubbing scenes in the world, an incredible history (it was the epicentre of 20th century history), a lot of depth and it feels cutting edge, that's why all the artists go there. I love that Berlin is so edgy and honest, the whole bandwidth of positive and negative human emotions is so out there (just look at Berlin's history and all the memorials reminding us of it, for example the remains of the Berlin Wall, the Holocaust memorial etc) In contrast a lot of Southern Germany is so pristine that it makes me want to spill something or spit on the pavement just to liven things up a bit. There you are also likely to meet the kind of Germans who tell off their neighbours for not hanging up their washing correctly. :sick:

I know, you are right in a sense - I don't easily pick up such nuances and I'm probably not a fan of modern history, either. I actually enjoy a ghetto-like and edgy atmosphere, though - that's something I liked about Berlin, and also about the periphery of Athens, for example; it does seem to be more "honest", as you say.
Probably one reason why I liked the south more is that I'm more influenced by the natural landscape, thus southern Germany was more attractive for me (I kinda hate plains). But I'm sure that if I were to live there for a prolonged amount of time in a place where people were terribly bigoted, I'd start to hate it no matter what the landscape looks like.

Marseille: 7w8

Ahah, agree. I loved Marseille, even if so many people feel like it's dangerous, dirty, etc...that's just a small price to pay to have that kind of intensity, IMHO. In fact, I love those mediterranean cities that manage to be a combination of shady and beautiful (periphery vs city centre) like Marseille, Genova, Athens, etc.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I think detroit now is a 6/5..mostly because of 'The Loyalist' mentality of a city in decline/on the ropes.

Have you seen Portlandia? SF and Portland are similar but very different animals. SF is edgier, sharper, more status conscious and successful. Portland is almost goofy, and not in a bad way. Austin is similar to Portland as well.

SF 4w5 - there is most certainly a conscious/educated bent to the city
Berkeley - much hippier...there's a 9w8 or 8w9 vibe when it comes to the activism but as far as the CITY goes...
Portland - 2w1? 4?
Austin - 7?

bah i give up

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Miami: 3w2
Dallas: 8w9
Houston: 8w7
Moscow: 4w5
Jakarta: 9

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To the places I've been to....

Seattle 5w4
Portland PDX 4w5

Yup

San Fran 7

Somewhat, not sure it's the best fit though

New York 3
Vegas 7

To the extreme :p

Miami 7w8

Seems about right

Humboldt county 9

LOL, exactly... probably with a 1 wing. There's also quite a bit of a 6w7ness around here too.

xD, it's actually 333 (only half evil)

Have you seen Portlandia? SF and Portland are similar but very different animals. SF is edgier, sharper, more status conscious and successful. Portland is almost goofy, and not in a bad way.

SF 4w5 - there is most certainly a conscious/educated bent to the city

There is the educated bent there, but even as you said, SF has quite a bit of an image/status focus too, which is why I am thinking 4w3.

Portland - 2w1? 4?

I think 4w5 because of the whole relaxed goofy thing. I also picked up a very individualist intellectual vibe from my short time there. Also, I've heard about their unicorns...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i know i'm running against the opinions of everyone and their mom, but i'd actually type NYC 7w8. yes, it's 3ish in some ways, but the sheer variety and eclecticism of it strikes me as 7. also, new yorkers themselves are pretty up-front and blunt. i don't know that the city is "controlled", composed, tactful enough to be 3. 3 presents a polished image. new york is... god, it's new york. dirty subways (they're actually much better than they used to be), chinatown, "the city that never sleeps", all the damned construction, the honking, old mixed with new, dirty and clean, packed and posh... it's rough-hewn. i think its competition is more like the assertion of 8, not the reserved shine of 3. yes, 7w8, for me.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^I think 7w8 could work for NYC...

S

Stansmith

Detroit - cp6 and 8

Chicago - cp6

NYC - Mix of 3w4 and 7w8

Miami - 3w4, 2w3, 3w2

Boston/New England - 3w4; more of an old money and preppy flavor of 3 than NYC

Paris - 4 and 5

London - 6w5

New Orleans - 4w3

LA - 7w6; "OMG I'm in Hollywood"

DC - cp6

Portland - 6w7 and 4w3/5; "I need a change of scenery and be around like minded people"

Toronto - 2w3

San Francisco - 4w3 and 6w7

Madrid - 6w5

Rio - 7-3-8

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx