• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Match a city with each enneagram

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Why SF always get so much hate? >_<

Silicon Valley is 5 I can see that, but there is a lot of creativity and innovation within the very technical realms of Cobalt, C++, Oracle, SQL, and whatever other tech languages they speak here.

San Francisco is a different animal, I can see 5w4 or 4w5. It's a city full of creative and educated/conscious people.

I hear everyone say good things about Berlin. 2 of my friends wanna live there. I want to join them >_<

wildflower

la native here. i'd say we're a 7 because we're about the sun, the beach, entertainment, california girls, surfing, outdoor sports, fun, etc. just think the beach boys. :cool:

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The atmosphere of New Orleans, to me, is definitely 4. This is coming from someone born in New Orleans.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sorry, I had to get it out here.

What type is Clevelandtown, everyone?

Maybe a 4? :devil:

(I can't type Detroit, because I never bothered sticking around there long enough to find out. It was a wise decision in the long run, I think.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(I can't type Detroit, because I never bothered sticking around there long enough to find out. It was a wise decision in the long run, I think.)

This dude, on the other hand, did, and he is likely suicidal:

S

Sniffles

Maybe we should start off with what Detroit is NOT, and just go with the process of elimination.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Silicon Valley is 5 I can see that, but there is a lot of creativity and innovation within the very technical realms of Cobalt, C++, Oracle, SQL, and whatever other tech languages they speak here.

San Francisco is a different animal, I can see 5w4 or 4w5. It's a city full of creative and educated/conscious people.

I hear everyone say good things about Berlin. 2 of my friends wanna live there. I want to join them >_<

Because they only see the "liberalism" that they see on T.V.?

I think 4w5 would be a pretty good match for S.F. It is definitely in a way "unique" and S.F. doesn't shy away from it. Take it for what it is.

Which is probably why people are so afraid of S.F. or something.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

Lol Berlin is some kind of stereotypical mecca for US liberals. I don't know what's so great about it, just a lot of plains, wind, turkish people and avant-garde / snobbish hipsters. Central / southern germany is 54352334 times better.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol Berlin is some kind of stereotypical mecca for US liberals. I don't know what's so great about it, just a lot of plains, wind, turkish people and avant-garde / snobbish hipsters. Central / southern germany is 54352334 times better.

I'm sorry, I would like to visit the Alsace-Lorraine region some day. North-Eastern France/South-Western Germany is better :D

Hard to believe such a region today had such a war-torn history.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
San Francisco is 7w6, I think. The city of the hippies.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
San Francisco is 7w6, I think. The city of the hippies.

The problem with SF is that the hippy part is only one part of SF. If you were to compare SF to another city in California, most will tell you that it is...different....

There is this image that people seem to tag SF with. For starters, (very) Liberal, and many probably don't have a problem with being called that.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe we should start off with what Detroit is NOT, and just go with the process of elimination.

Well, it's sure not even a Scooby Doo ghost town.

San Francisco is a 4w3, it's a bunch of image conscious, PC liberal bastards. But 7w6 is acceptable, too. LA is not a 3w4, overall, it's a 7w6, just like I said, and just like most of California. The movie industry is a 3, though.

What about Pittsburgh?

Lightyear

Plains in Berlin? Where did you see plains? (am having a mental image of the empty prairie and tumbleweeds here, which doesn't really work with Germany)

And you were probably only staying in the Prenzlauer Berg area, where all the hipsters live. Berlin is trendy but it's also very raw, at times dirty and down-to-earth, it's one of the poorest cities in Germany and the one with the highest unemployment (Berliners have the slogan, "Poor and sexy" for a reason).

On the other hand it is vibrant, very accepting (if you want to dress like a goth, a hipster or like you just fell out of a tree, feel free), it has one of the best clubbing scenes in the world, an incredible history (it was the epicentre of 20th century history), a lot of depth and it feels cutting edge, that's why all the artists go there. I love that Berlin is so edgy and honest, the whole bandwidth of positive and negative human emotions is so out there (just look at Berlin's history and all the memorials reminding us of it, for example the remains of the Berlin Wall, the Holocaust memorial etc) In contrast a lot of Southern Germany is so pristine that it makes me want to spill something or spit on the pavement just to liven things up a bit. There you are also likely to meet the kind of Germans who tell off their neighbours for not hanging up their washing correctly. :sick:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Plains in Berlin? Where did you see plains? (am having a mental image of the empty prairie and tumbleweeds here, which doesn't really work with Germany)

And you were probably only staying in the Prenzlauer Berg area, where all the hipsters live. Berlin is trendy but it's also very raw, at times dirty and down-to-earth, it's one of the poorest cities in Germany and the one with the highest unemployment (Berliners have the slogan, "Poor and sexy" for a reason).

On the other hand it is vibrant, very accepting (if you want to dress like a goth, a hipster or like you just fell out of a tree, feel free), it has one of the best clubbing scenes in the world, an incredible history (it was the epicentre of 20th century history), a lot of depth and it feels cutting edge, that's why all the artists go there. I love that Berlin is so edgy and honest, the whole bandwidth of positive and negative human emotions is so out there (just look at Berlin's history and all the memorials reminding us of it, for example the remains of the Berlin Wall, the Holocaust memorial etc) In contrast a lot of Southern Germany is so pristine that it makes me want to spill something or spit on the pavement just to liven things up a bit. There you are also likely to meet the kind of Germans who tell off their neighbours for not hanging up their washing correctly. :sick:

It surely does have one of the greatest range of emotions I've come across in a city. I pick up feelings very strongly from certain places/cities, and the feelings I had in that city were strange and disturbing. The weight of history, the shocking and thrilling things that have happened, the genuinely avant-garde spirit - Berlin is THE city on the artistic cutting edge today, apparently, as London and New York have been in the past. I was fascinated and bewildered by it in just a few days I spent there.

Mind you, I also like central and southern Germany. ;)

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What do you guys think Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver BC would be?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you guys think Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver BC would be?

Vancouver - maybe 1w9?

West Coast Canadians (and I speak as one) can be very "THIS IS THE WAY YOU MUST DO THINGS", but in a PC, hippy, inclusive kind of way - if that makes the tiniest bit of sense - seems like 1w9 would fit best for that ;) or maybe 9w1?

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Seattle 5w4
Portland PDX 4w5
San Fran 7
Chicago 8
New York 3
New Orleans 4w3
Anchorage 6
Minneapolis 2w3
Vegas 7
Denver 6w5
Miami 7w8
Hartford 5w4
Boston 6w5
Humboldt county 9
L.A 666

A

Anew Leaf

Den Haag seemed very IXXP to me. So relaxed and laid back. I would go back there to live in a heartbeat.

S

Sniffles

Historically at least, Detroit could be seen as a type 3 city(3w4?), mostly due to its status as a major industrial center.

There you are also likely to meet the kind of Germans who tell off their neighbours for not hanging up their washing correctly. :sick:
Oh I'd have plenty of fun with these people. :devil: