• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Match a city with each enneagram

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 1: Salt Lake City, Ancient Athene
Type 2: Honolulu
Type 3: Los Angeles
Type 4: Paris
Type 5: Tokyo
Type 6: Berlin, La Mecque, Stalingrad
Type 7: Prague, Las Vegas
Type 8: New York, Ancient Roma, Sparte
Type 9: Genève

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Good list! I'd add these...

1: Washington, DC
5: Ancient Athens (I argue 5 instead of 1 because of the intellectualism)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Agreed with all!

Plus:

2w1 - the American south
5w4 or 4w5 - the San Francisco Bay Area
9w8 - Firenze
6w5 - Deutschland
7w8 - Espa~n~a.
6w7 - Caribbean (Trinidad & Tobago)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ :laugh: Good American South (e.g. Natchitoches, Louisiana) might be 2w1, but bad American South (e.g. the bitchy debutante side) is more like 3w2.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ yikes ... the reality show type. Yeah, I've never lived there. Only visited a friend there who lived at an airbase down there.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Type 5: NYC

Good American South (e.g. Natchitoches, Louisiana) might be 2w1, but bad American South (e.g. the bitchy debutante side) is more like 3w2.

:rofl1: So true!

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say London is probably type 6 or 5.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As far as the three biggest cities in the US, with the overall vibe I get from them, I think they all represent the Ego-based types best:
  • New York City: 3w4
  • Los Angeles: 7w6
  • Chicago: 8w7

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Los angeles is probably 3w2, where everyone is fake and trying to become famous :)
San Francisco (specifically Silicon Valley) is 5w6, and a lot of people there just seem really technically inclined.
San Diego is likely 7w6, it's just a chill and fun place to be if I remember correctly. I haven't been there much.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tokyo: 3w4
LA: 3w2
New York: 3w4/8w7

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
San Francisco is clearly 7w6, and Tokyo is 5/1w9, like the whole Japan is. New York is 8.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
San Francisco is clearly 7w6, and Tokyo is 5/1w9, like the whole Japan is. New York is 8.

Tokyo is 3. trust me, I've done 100s of hours of research into the samurai and japanese culture. the entirety of Japanese history revolves around honor, glory, reputation, achievement and status. Japan is so 3 it makes america look 9

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tokyo is 3. trust me, I've done 100s of hours of research into the samurai and japanese culture. the entirety of Japanese history revolves around honor, glory, reputation, achievement and status. Japan is so 3 it makes america look 9

Above all, the japanes culture is a culture where you prefer to kill yourself rather than fail to respect the moral standards. A culture of violence and anger redirectingf toward rigid rules and control/self-control, with also a passion for violence and anger: 1. 3s is not related on moral consitency and rigid imposed norms. 3s is transformism, where you settle on your project to transform yourself and your destiny, Japen is a rigid and conservative culture where you must keep your place when you have it and follow rules: 1.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Above all, the japanes culture is a culture where you prefer to kill yourself rather than fail to respect the moral standards. A culture of violence and anger redirectingf toward rigid rules and control/self-control, with also a passion for violence and anger: 1. 3s is not related on moral consitency and rigid imposed norms. 3s is transformism, where you settle on your project to transform yourself and your destiny, Japen is a rigid and conservative culture where you must keep your place when you have it and follow rules: 1.

I can definitely see a lot of 1 in Japanese history, but I see more 3, especially in modern times

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I kind of agree, I read a bit of stuff about samurais, and it talked a lot about ridding yourself of your ego, seems like they encourage healthyness in 3s.

Australia - 6? I don't like the idea of identifying the whole country with one type, but whatever.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have heard Chinese Confucianism is a 1w9 philosophy, where everything is based around proper protocols.

A culture based around service and self sacrifice... wouldn't that make Japan a 2-centric culture? 2s are achievers in the sense that they try to be the best at their prescribed role, and it's not so much for the sake of competition like a 3 would have it, but for the sake of self image (or honor in this case).

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Although some cities have here received several typings, there seems to be a reluctance to type London, one of the most fascinating and bewildering cities in the world, and in my opinion, the greatest.

Lightyear

Although some cities have here received several typings, there seems to be a reluctance to type London, one of the most fascinating and bewildering cities in the world, and in my opinion, the greatest.

You are so not biased! :) London isn't my favourite city in the world but it's up there.

New York: 3 (everything is sub-ordinate to status, work, image)

Berlin: 4w5 or 9w1 (insane amounts of artists, chilled out and NOT status conscious, just come as you are)

London: 3ish (SilkRoad, why do you think it's a 6?), I find it hard to type London, what type is a super-vibrant, insanely busy, multicultural, constantly changing, multi-faceted world city?

San Francisco: 1w9? (in its own way very moral, breeding ground for eco facists and rabid vegans (a term that I learnt while staying in San Francisco))

Portland, Oregon: 4w5 or 9w1?

Munich: 7w8 or 3w2? (German centre of hedonism and people who like to show off what they have)

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You are so not biased! :) London isn't my favourite city in the world but it's up there.

New York: 3 (everything is sub-ordinate to status, work, image)

Berlin: 4w5 or 9w1 (insane amounts of artists, chilled out and NOT status conscious, just come as you are)

London: 3ish (SilkRoad, why do you think it's a 6?), I find it hard to type London, what type is a super-vibrant, insanely busy, multicultural, constantly changing, multi-faceted world city?

San Francisco: 1w9? (in its own way very moral, breeding ground for eco facists and rabid vegans (a term that I learnt while staying in San Francisco))

Portland, Oregon: 4w5 or 9w1?

Munich: 7w8 or 3w2? (German centre of hedonism and people who like to show off what they have)

;) it's probably some narcissistic desire to be the same type as London...seriously ;) London could be a 3, but I think that could probably apply to many big cities as status, image and achievement tend to be paramount in the great cities of the world. But maybe I thought 6 partly because London seems to be a city for all kinds of people and there are all kinds of 6s out there, they come in a lot of different flavours... Going out on a limb, I could see phobic 6 in its friendlier and homier aspects, the parks, my local cafe where they always call me darling, and also in its subterranean nervous energy, its dark and hidden aspects, its underground rivers and secret symbols, of which there are many. I could see counterphobic 6 in its hedonistic side, the pubs and clubs, people acting silly and wearing sparkly Union Jack hats for the royal wedding.

Totally going out on a limb. ;) And I'm not sure how practical it is to assign an enneagram type to a city! Big cities are by their nature multi-faceted, some even more than others...

I wonder about Berlin - of course I haven't spent much time there, but the feelings I picked up seemed too dark and unsettled for it to be a 9. But then, somewhat like 6s, I think 9s are less calm than they appear on the surface... ;)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Berlin is 6 IMO. Very intelectual, artisitic and innovative with big deal and totalitarism, power, paranaoia and ciriticism of opression, the city who fight until the last breath, alone against the world. Integrated in 9 when reunified.