• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Instinctual Variants in an 'Off the Wall' Scenario Game

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Ok, so the aim of this game is to understand what happens to people when their Instinctual Variant is blocked by circumstance. In order to get all the variants in properly, I had to come up with a pretty bleak sounding scenario, so apologies for that in advance. This was the only way I could think of to examine the variants under stress. Let's begin:

You're MBTI, Enneagram and Variants are the same, but now you're a leper, one of the only ones, and it kinda freaks most people out. A lot of the time, you find that people won't come near you, because they don't wanna catch it, (and if they got too close they would.) You can't work so you have very little money/security, and few employment opportunities but you have your own reasons to wanna live, and a few friends that are prepared to give you a room in their house, (though quite far from them) but those people are kind of frowned upon because of it.

This situation cannot be changed.

For each variant combination:

1. How would you instinctively behave towards people?
2. What would be your biggest priority?
3. How would you feel about the idea of dating?
4. What is your biggest concern about all of this?
5. Do you think this might change your variant order? How?
7. What would keep you happy?

P

Phantonym

:hi: sp/so here. Honestly, I can't envision how being a leper would actually influence me to such an extent that it would make any differences in my variant order. I would be stressed because of my health, so that would most probably kick my self-preservation instinct into overdrive, but other than that, I should be just peachy.

1. How would you instinctively behave towards people? Keep away from them. Or scare them, just for fun. Hmmm...should I wear a little bell? Yes, most definitely. :laugh:
2. What would be your biggest priority? Keeping my health and trying to make myself as comfortable as possible to concentrate on getting better.
3. How would you feel about the idea of dating? Why bother...dreaming is better anyway. :laugh:
4. What is your biggest concern about all of this? Not being able to feel secure because of the situation, depending on my friends' mercy until they're sick of the social pressure about keeping a leper as a pet and possibly kick me out and the added pressure that would put on my health.
5. Do you think this might change your variant order? How? Nope.
7. What would keep you happy? Feeling secure, hope of improvements to my health.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Sky! How are you? I haven't seen you around here for ages. I hope your friends wouldn't kick you out in this very unlikely situation, that'd be harsh!

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oooh, scenarios are fun :)

4w5 sp/sx here.

Try to keep away from them and stay in my little room as much as possible, reading and surfing.

Being self-sufficient, trying to make more money, trying to get a place of my own. Then, to be able to create something worthwhile.

Well... if there's another leper or someone who has a leper fetish or something ;)

To be a burden to other people that I care about.

Hmm... no, I don't think so. It's always my main concern to be safe.

Being able to pursue my artistic interests in depth.

Of course, if there's someone I really, really love, I'll be doing my best to keep him happy :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
umm...can't imagine what reasons i would have to want to stay alive but if offing myself wasn't an option i would probably become super annoying...i would be totally desperate for company...for attention...for love...it would be sickening...i would look broken...people would pity me...which would make me feel worse so i guess i would just stay away from everyone as to not make them sick and i would keep in contact with people online i guess...work from home somehow...would not date...would live all alone and be sad

sx/so

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[1w9; so/sx]

1. How would you instinctively behave towards people? Neutral; though receptive to, and curious about their reactions.

2. What would be your biggest priority? To understand why they're acting that way, and how someone with my condition can get along. What else do they enjoy? How can I contribute to society?

3. How would you feel about the idea of dating? If it's not a priority now pre-leper stage, it would be even less so after. However, if it happens one day, I'd go with the flow and see where it takes me. I will also avoid people who attempt to date me out of pity.

4. What is your biggest concern about all of this? "I will either find a way, or make one." -- Hannibal

So what does being a Leper mean for me, and how do I live with it? Obviously, I'll be taking the road less traveled. After I get past the initial shock, I think I'd rather shoot myself before I let my skills go to waste and allow depression to take me. I'd basically focus a lot on being a productive member of society (in my way), even if I have to endure more hardships, because I love figuring out efficiency-effectiveness puzzles and then applying it to a community.

5. Do you think this might change your variant order? How? Probably not.

6. What would keep you happy? Nothing that's different from now.

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
Old thread. Major bump. [MENTION=6971]21%[/MENTION] brought this to my attention.

Assuming that I do have to good reason to keep on living...

Well, I wouldn't blame them for being afraid. I'd probably grow tired of telling people that, after treatment, leprosy is no longer infectious.
Anyway, I'd do my own thing. If people want to contact me, they will. If not, they won't.

I'd probably immerse myself in my own endeavours and interests - ones that don't involve people, or where my condition wouldn't be an issue.

Ah, it'd be but just a dream. 0%. As a non-leper, I already think my chances are slim to nothing. I'd have my crushes...but they'd remain one-sided fantasies. Thank goodness for the imagination.

Being a bother to my friends. Is my life worth living? Do they regret having me there? Would they secretly prefer that I leave?
I'm sure I'd move out, eventually. I'd go grab a cape and wander off, dealing with the world alone. Also, that'd mean my friends could live life respectably again without me as a burden.

No.

6. Why is there no question 6?
I don't know.

Knowing that my few friends genuinely care about me...and having my own sanctuary or something I'm passionate about to keep me going.

If anyone cares to give an interpretation of this, please do.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Assuming that I do have to good reason to keep on living...

Well, I wouldn't blame them for being afraid. I'd probably grow tired of telling people that, after treatment, leprosy is no longer infectious.
Anyway, I'd do my own thing. If people want to contact me, they will. If not, they won't.

I'd probably immerse myself in my own endeavours and interests - ones that don't involve people, or where my condition wouldn't be an issue.

Ah, it'd be but just a dream. 0%. As a non-leper, I already think my chances are slim to nothing. I'd have my crushes...but they'd remain one-sided fantasies. Thank goodness for the imagination.

Being a bother to my friends. Is my life worth living? Do they regret having me there? Would they secretly prefer that I leave?
I'm sure I'd move out, eventually. I'd go grab a cape and wander off, dealing with the world alone. Also, that'd mean my friends could live life respectably again without me as a burden.

No.

6. Why is there no question 6?
I don't know.

Knowing that my few friends genuinely care about me...and having my own sanctuary or something I'm passionate about to keep me going.

If anyone cares to give an interpretation of this, please do.

Um... sp first? :blush:

It's pretty interesting how sp-first, sx-first and so-first answers seem to differ greatly from one another...

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
Um... sp first? :blush:

It's pretty interesting how sp-first, sx-first and so-first answers seem to differ greatly from one another...

Sx/Sp, apparently. *shrug*

Silveresque

You're MBTI, Enneagram and Variants are the same, but now you're a leper, one of the only ones, and it kinda freaks most people out. A lot of the time, you find that people won't come near you, because they don't wanna catch it, (and if they got too close they would.) You can't work so you have very little money/security, and few employment opportunities but you have your own reasons to wanna live, and a few friends that are prepared to give you a room in their house, (though quite far from them) but those people are kind of frowned upon because of it.

Well, I'd keep my distance so they don't catch it. And I probably wouldn't want be seen looking deformed anyways.

Getting treatment, figuring out how I can live this way.

Well, I'd imagine lepers probably don't have the best dating prospects...:( Ooh, I know! I'd find a blind person! And then he wouldn't care if I look deformed! And then we could go away together to some island and live happily ever after! :alttongue:

Potentially having to give up on my dream of traveling the world and finding my soul mate.

Well, sp would definitely have a much higher priority.

Getting treatment, or at least being able to work toward it so I'll be able to afford it. And internet forums.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will live in the streets, with other indigents, with no friends, and parents, i will prefer to bear it alone. Maybe is pride, or shame, or anger... I dont know but i will refuse to live with friends or parents...
Maybe i'll write some good poetry and a prostitute will fall in love with me and i will transmite my leper and she will transmite her gonorrea or sifilis...
Maybe if i feel free in certain ways, i will be a bit happy.

Dream is cheap :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
interesting.

sx/so

1. instinctive behavior towards people:
i believe in human goodness and the persistence of an "underground" that goes against mainstream society. i would try to be kind and show people that i am worthwhile. i am naturally usually quite good 1-on-1 so i tend to think i could sway individuals. plus the internet would be a major, major help.

2. biggest priority:
a meaningful life, changing the world for the better. same as it is now.

3. dating:
i've never really dated much IRL anyway. i tend to transition from friendship into something more (or someone has to convince me otherwise). i imagine it would work the same in that case - i'd trust love to find me instead of hunting it down.

4. biggest concern?
i like people and it would be hard to be disliked by most people for something that is not my fault.

5. change variant order?
no. short of those who experience major traumatic events, i don't really believe most people will experience a change in personality type during their lives.

7. what would keep you happy?
doing something meaningful with my life, finding ways to get people to interact with me. i'd probably try to network a bunch of lepers with each other for mutual support.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, so the aim of this game is to understand what happens to people when their Instinctual Variant is blocked by circumstance. In order to get all the variants in properly, I had to come up with a pretty bleak sounding scenario, so apologies for that in advance. This was the only way I could think of to examine the variants under stress. Let's begin:

Sp/Sx
1) I keep my distance. if I like them, need them or have use for them, I keep them close. this shouldn't suggest I'm antisocial (though I do have such tendencies under stress) but I'm never really "one of the guys" or "part of the community" (though I have pretended to be in the past, it felt extremely unnatural for me). I will mingle with people when they're interesting, but I often get bored quickly and leave
2) comfort, freedom
3) I don't like traditional dating. I prefer a spectrum between sexual/non sexual friendship. if it turns into sex, it turns into sex
4) about what?
5) I would probably notice my own safety, comfort and independence less if I was a different instinct variant. it would still be a priority, but probably not quite as high as it it now (ENFP + 7w8 + Sp/Sx = a pretty compounded desire for freedom)
6) see number 2

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. How would you instinctively behave towards people? Defensively and skeptically.

2. What would be your biggest priority? Surviving.

3. How would you feel about the idea of dating? Meh. I could live without it.

4. What is your biggest concern about all of this? Lack of lifestyle and lack of fun social interaction.

5. Do you think this might change your variant order? How? As I'm a sp/so, no. I would however be totally miserable much of the time.

7. What would keep you happy? The small social group that I am allowed and finding ways to make money would keep me okay. I would have to surround myself with a kitten army, it would cover both my desire to collect material things, and social interaction!