• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTPs and ESTPs: What's your Instinctual Variant Stacking??

ExTPs - what's your stack? (Either confirmed or guessed)

• Total voters

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm seeing a bunch of ExTP sx-doms on the site. What's all that about?

I know, I know, MBTI =/= Enneagram. But it seems like the two descriptors completely contradict each other. I can't imagine that many ENTPs would be into "deep, one-on-one connectons". I can imagine that for ENFPs, but not ENTPs or ESTPs.

I thought my stack, so/sp would be the typical ENTP's stack, but I guess not?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I answered earlier even though I noted that while the thread is interested in ESTPs the poll is not... therefore I answered the poll just to annoy it :coffee:

sp/so for me

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a confirmed ESTP 7w8 sx/so. :party2:

Correlation is not causation, but I would venture to say that where MBTI and Enneagram types align, there is a sufficiently strong indication that certain traits tend to have a higher probability of aggregating with others than not.

I've never met an ESTP 4w5, or 5w4.
I've never met an INFJ 7w8, or 8w7.

Know what I mean? :thinking: :D

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm seeing a bunch of ExTP sx-doms on the site. What's all that about?

I know, I know, MBTI =/= Enneagram. But it seems like the two descriptors completely contradict each other. I can't imagine that many ENTPs would be into "deep, one-on-one connectons". I can imagine that for ENFPs, but not ENTPs or ESTPs.

I thought my stack, so/sp would be the typical ENTP's stack, but I guess not?

I'm sx/sp. I'm not sure that there are typical variants associated with each type or excluded form certain types. The whole point of the variants is that they can belong to any enneagram and/or any MBTI type. Maybe introverts (IxTx perhaps) are more associated with sp, but I can't really think of any other variants that are "typical" of an MBTI type.

I don't see why you think sx contradicts with ExTP. Pe causes general curiosity in many things, people included, and forming deep bonds is a way of coming across novelty through relationships, thus fulfilling curiosity.

Additionally, tertiary Fe that is well-developed leaves makes ExTPs want to share themselves, their emotions, their desires, their values, etc. with others.

I really have trouble seeing why the ExTP outlook and the outlook that values "forming deep connections" are contradictory. You seem to have a faulty notion of what it means to be ExTP; it certainly does not eliminate room for desiring deep bonds.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm so/sp.
I'm either 6w7 or 7w6 in Enneagram.. never really figured out which number is stronger.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTPs can vote in the poll too. I can't seem to edit the poll title for some reason.

And as for why I think Sx is incompatible with ENTP, it's because I thought SX was the opposite of what they wanted (that is, unless you borrow the ENTP's E and sandwich it between the 2 letters for a good threesome)

I figured that instead of focusing on one person or being obsessed with romance (which I take, is what sx represents, at least partially), it would focus on the whole world and people in general - so.

I can maybe see so/sx. The 2ndary sx gives them just an edge of charisma, but it's "social" that represents their long-range desires. As an so/sp, I don't really like one-on-one conversations. I'd prefer a group setting. Much livelier, less pressure, and kinder to my attention spa

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As my sig states, I'm sx/so. To explain why, I'll quote a few lines from BlackCat's thread describing the three variants.

In all things, Sexual types seek intense contact. They may find intensity in a ski jump, a deep conversation, or an exciting movie. They tend to follow their attractions...Sexual types gravitate toward people they feel magnetized by, regardless of the person's potential for helping them or their social standing. It is as if they were asking, "Where is the juice in this room? Whose energy is the most intense?"

...Sexual types tend to have difficulty pursuing their own projects or taking adequate care of themselves, because on a subconscious level, they are always looking outside themselves for the person or situation that will complete them. They are like a plug looking for a socket and can become obsessed with another if they feel they have the right person for them. They may neglect important obligations, or even their own basic necessities, if they are swept up in someone or something that has captivated them.

All of that is a dead-on description of my approach to life. I can't speak to how well it fits ENTP, but I think sx/so is a perfect match for ESTP.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All of that is a dead-on description of my approach to life. I can't speak to how well it fits ENTP, but I think sx/so is a perfect match for ESTP.

Isn't it a wonderful life? I LOVE IT!!! :rock:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
how can i figure out what my enneagram is?
what's this sx/so nonsense?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
how can i figure out what my enneagram is?
what's this sx/so nonsense?

I don't know, but why are you asking in here? Go ask Google.

Who let this ENTJ in?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
mr. cockburn is not sx ?

That's like the cruelest destruction of a joke ever or my english sucks :D

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know an ENTP and ESTP both sx/sp.

Mephisto

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is harder for SJ's to be sx than for ENTP/ESTP, in my experience. I knew a few ENTP sx/sp people, usually 3s or 7s. I have yet to know any sx SJ (never met a sx 1w2 or 2w1 though)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i answered pretending to be my boyfriend. he's extp 7w8 sp/sx.

Lexus

MBTI Type
xNTJ
It's kind tedious for me to determine. I know I'm sx predominately, it gets in the way actually. But so or sp; I discovered an ESTP in chronic depression and stress that exceeds them will be showing tendencies of ocd, anxiety over the past and future (because their inferior intuition takes over) and even worrying about their health, etc. That would be symptoms of someone who is sp, right? In the sense of concern over health, temperature, comfort,....but in general I have no regard for that, only when I'm freaking out.

I want to say sx>so>sp, but somtimes it seems sx>sp>so...hmm.