• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do I figure out my wing?

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm pretty sure I'm a 7 sx dom. I've read the descriptions of 7w6 and 7w8 and I'm not convinced on either of them. Does the wing have to be a surrounding number?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes, the way the enneagram is set up, it's always a surrounding number.

(Think of things as a dial, like the face of a clock. You can be at a number, or you can be between numbers while being closer to one number than another... but you can't be in-between numbers that aren't next to each other.)

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Interesting. I need to read more about the enneagram. So if I don't identify much with either wing, could it mean I'm just right at 7 with only a slight wing?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, you can be one solid type without having a wing at all.

Rena

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Many people don't have a strong wing- they are considered well-balanced types. Here's how the wings work - I think it helps to visualize it.:)

enneagram-wings.gif