• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wolfy: Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx?

What do my instincts tell me?

• Total voters

wolfy

awsm
What do you reckon? Here are the nine stacks, I am definitely nine. If you don't know just take a guess, use your ...

Sexual/Self-pres

The energy of the sexual instinct is at odds with the dominant type Nine energy and makes for a conflicted subtype. These Nines can appear to have a stronger connection to Three, for this reason. The assertive fiery energy engages in a constant push-pull with the calm peace-seeking energy of the Nine. This subtype can have an intense relationship with their environment. They are often drawn to solo sports or to an active engagement with nature that involves some risk and exertion. These Nines are drawn to peak experiences. They might enjoy outdoor solo sports or engaging in nature by way of hiking, rock climbing etc.

With the social instinct last in the stacking, there can be an on/off quality when it comes to relating and these Nines are often somewhat moodier than the other subtypes. As with the self-pres/sexual, this subtype might not engage socially with the same smoothness as other subtypes of Nine. They seem to go towards others in a staccato fashion - they connect in bursts, then withdraw.

When it comes to intimate relationships, this subtype can be needy. The merging of the Nine combines with the intensity of the sexual instinct to create a subtype that will always be in danger of losing themselves in a relationship. Their boundaries for themselves and their partner can become blurred which can lead to conflicts. This subtype might have a hard time judging clearly the degree to which they have merged.

Self-pres/Sexual

This subtype is self-effacing also, but is generally more assertive. They may be the subtype of Nine which is most aware of the boundaries between themselves and others and at the same time, possibly the most frustrated when those boundaries are violated. They can be aware of being walked over and they might even be aware of the anger it causes, but they become frustrated with their seeming inability to control this pattern. This is true, to some degree, of all Nines, but with the self-pres/sexual instinctual stacking, there seems to be a complex and interesting balance between the withdrawing energy caused by the dominant self-pres instinct and the assertive energy of the sexual instinct. This combination seems to raise consciousness of this dynamic.

Getting healthy for this subtype, and for all Nines, involves becoming aware of this dynamic and realizing they do have the power to control their boundaries. Part of this must come from the realization on the part of the Nine that they have invited this overstepping of their boundaries from others by not defining them.
Close relationships will usually work or not for this subtype depending on how well they deal with this issue.

wolfy

awsm
Somebody should vote in my poll. The tension is killing me.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We have you, we have definitions, now we need something to relate the two.

wolfy

awsm
Fair enough, I'll have a think about it. I'm happy for people to go "you're probably this" in the meantime. I'm not going to ask too many questions why.

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
just used my ...

this battle of the stackings is familiar to me. i imagine BlackCat could be of help to you. after a few conversations with him i think i've settled on sx/sp for myself.

edit: eff! now i'm rethinking my vote.. eff eff

wolfy

awsm
edit: eff! now i'm rethinking my vote.. eff eff

Haha, it is hard. Thanks for voting.

I don't know what to add. Ask me a question if you have any. In the Sx/Sp stack I relate to the solo sports thing. That has been a big part of my life. I have been in the same relationship twenty years now, I don't know how that fits in. I am kind of moody, and move back and forth from people, not in a way that you'd really see though. People seem to see me as being even tempered.

In the Sp/Sx stack the boundary thing is very true. I think that is a more general thing though. Some people just have access anytime and I am willing to bend anytime for them. It just depends on whether I have let them in or not.

G

Glycerine

Here's another resource: Type Stackings - the enneagram ...info from the underground I don't really have a clue.

sp/sx
These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are quietly intense, but to others may seem oblivious to the greater social world around them, instead favoring personal interests. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other's condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant's surface formality. Somewhat hesitant to enter new relationships, they instead preserve the select few enduring bonds they carefully form along the way. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

Familiar Roles: the mate, the mystic, the quiet supporter.

Examples: George Harrison, Jackie Onassis, Eric Clapton, Emily Dickinson

sx/sp
This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging. They live according to a strictly personal outlook and are not particularly concerned with the approval of others outside of their immediate concern. They seem to be searching for something, the missing piece. If they find a soulmate they will unite without fanfare, forming a secret bond, dealing with formalities as an afterthought. Powerful sexual impulses facing inner resistance may manifest symbolically in the psyche, giving way to soulful interpretations of the unconscious. Under periods of stress severe sexual tensions may manifest as erratic, impulsively destructive behavior. Can seem restless, torn between the comforts of a stable home life and the urge to wander. May be prone to self-medicating.

Motivation: to know the heart, reconcile inner conflict, form a secure union.

Familiar roles: the devotee, the seeker, the wanderer

Examples of sx/sp: Prince, Carl Jung, Johnny Depp, Ozzy Osbourne, Johnny Cash, Joan Crawford, Princess Di, Marilyn Monroe, Janis Joplin, Frollo from "Hunchback of Notre Dame"

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't see you as having "fiery" intensity, I see you as being assertive when needed, sp/sx seems more likely to me.

Demi is correct in saying Blackcat could prolly help here though, seeing as he's an ISFP 9w8 sx/sp ;)

wolfy

awsm
Yeah, I don't think I have a fiery intensity. It is interesting though, there is a fiery intensity that I block from expressing. I think I have more of a rhino like intensity.

wolfy

awsm
Here's another resource: Type Stackings - the enneagram ...info from the underground I don't really have a clue.

sp/sx
These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are quietly intense, but to others may seem oblivious to the greater social world around them, instead favoring personal interests. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other's condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant's surface formality. Somewhat hesitant to enter new relationships, they instead preserve the select few enduring bonds they carefully form along the way. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

Familiar Roles: the mate, the mystic, the quiet supporter.

Examples: George Harrison, Jackie Onassis, Eric Clapton, Emily Dickinson

sx/sp
This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging. They live according to a strictly personal outlook and are not particularly concerned with the approval of others outside of their immediate concern. They seem to be searching for something, the missing piece. If they find a soulmate they will unite without fanfare, forming a secret bond, dealing with formalities as an afterthought. Powerful sexual impulses facing inner resistance may manifest symbolically in the psyche, giving way to soulful interpretations of the unconscious. Under periods of stress severe sexual tensions may manifest as erratic, impulsively destructive behavior. Can seem restless, torn between the comforts of a stable home life and the urge to wander. May be prone to self-medicating.

Motivation: to know the heart, reconcile inner conflict, form a secure union.

Familiar roles: the devotee, the seeker, the wanderer

Examples of sx/sp: Prince, Carl Jung, Johnny Depp, Ozzy Osbourne, Johnny Cash, Joan Crawford, Princess Di, Marilyn Monroe, Janis Joplin, Frollo from "Hunchback of Notre Dame"

Thanks, I certainly relate more to the Sp/Sx here. And those are the kind of things I have had said to me here about myself. If I was going to go by comparing Clapton and Ozzy I think I'd go with Clapton as being closer.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haven't read the responses yet but my intuition says sp/sx :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I don't think I have a fiery intensity. It is interesting though, there is a fiery intensity that I block from expressing. I think I have more of a rhino like intensity.

I relate to this, and I am sp/sx, if that helps. I've also questioned being sx/sp because I relate as much to the sx/sp description as the sp/sx. I don't relate to any description (sp, sx or so) on its own either....

I think sp types can be intense when you get to know them - it's just kept much more guarded/contained, whereas sx intensity is more out there. It makes sense that the self-preserving types hold back a bit - it would feel too vulnerable to be as open as an sx.

wolfy

awsm
Thanks for voting, people!

I relate to this, and I am sp/sx, if that helps. I've also questioned being sx/sp because I relate as much to the sx/sp description as the sp/sx. I don't relate to any description (sp, sx or so) on its own either....

I think sp types can be intense when you get to know them - it's just kept much more guarded/contained, whereas sx intensity is more out there. It makes sense that the self-preserving types hold back a bit - it would feel too vulnerable to be as open as an sx.

It does help. I value your opinion and would have a hard time deciding on whether you were either one. So that helps heaps.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sp/Sx for you, Brother.
Cool as ice, and solid as the rock of Gibraltar. :pumpyouup:
You have a genuine sincerity, are extremely well versed, yet not pretentious.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
This stuff is interesting, I don't understand it though.

wolfy

awsm
This stuff is interesting, I don't understand it though.

You should read up on it, it did help me to understand myself a bit more. Also, I am so settled on isfp it just got boring. Need new territory.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
So where is a good place (site) to start?