• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Abuse of enneagram

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Some people will find how to make a weapon out of anything. I guess it's a mindset.

Actually this kind of thinking is exactly what caused the creation of this thread. :yes:

I come here with the new title.

I remember that I wrote a humorous post about being addicted to typology, and it resulted in a thread about icecreams and MBTI.

While I agree with the possibility of it being used as a weapon, I very much doubt about its effectiveness.

Personality is much more than a four-letter type or an enneagram number. If your target has high mental defenses (I know, gaming terms. Meaning to not be easily bothered, or mature enough to not take personally everything he´s told), you will fail miserably.

Well there is a reason why I said "already damaged people". Hurting someone that is pretty stable is unlikely for sure. (if you don't do something really bad. But in that case you don't need enneagram to help you)

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Well there is a reason why I said "already damaged people". Hurting someone that is pretty stable is unlikely for sure. (if you don't do something really bad. But in that case you don't need enneagram to help you)

Not always. You can find people who are mentally healthy, but very susceptible. I was thinking of that kind of people.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*Slaps and kicks enneagram*

"you SLUTTY sx, may you die of genital warts!"

*Gets arrested by So-services for Enneagramal abuse*

Nah, seriously...considering that half the time people can't even test right or get their accurate results, as well as the fact that there are only 9 broad, general types (even less than astrology) (!)...there's not much potential to reeeeallly hit a nerve.

*takes swing at Enneagram's nerve from behind bars*

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
So what do you think ? Can enneagram be considered to be a dangerous knowledge?

No, because not everyone will react to the things you've described despite their enneagram... Some people are more mature than others etc.. it is nearly impossible to hurt certain people while others will get bent out of shape over what I would consider extremely minor things... IMHO it really depends on a lot of other facts besides just a person's enneagram number..

ygolo

My termites win
I mean there is alot of ways to hurt people of each type so I am only making simplistic examples.

I think all knowledge can be twisted for use in evil ways.

But like some have said, I don't believe knowledge of the enneagram is nearly as powerful as you seem to think it is. I think for most people, it would serve to just irritate them, not cause real psychological harm.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You can poke an 8 untill he/she expodes and the use that against the person or lure it in a trap. (if your planning is good enough)

You can toy with anexity of type 6.

You can be really harsh towards acomplishments and image of 3s

Chase 5s all over the place.

Ask 2s for a help and then dump them after job is done. (if possble, multiple times)

You can be really rude and assertive towards 4s & 9s.

You can publicly mock belifs that 1 possess.

Or you could try to restrain an 7. (subtly of course)

You could do all those things if you chose to, however you cannot force a reaction out of the other person that is their choice so I don't consider it dangerous.

Ultimately someone who did those things would be no different to the person who attempts to find someone's weaknesses and push their buttons, if a person is inclined to do that already enneagram knowledge isn't going to change much. They would be unable to retain frienships and be generally disliked.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think all knowledge can be twisted for use in evil ways.
I guess any type of tool where you understand others needs can be used against them. But that can be anything from pulling emotional needs from enneagram to buying the wrong drink down at the shops.
+1 to both of these.

I wouldn't be too suspicious if I were you, AO. Then you'd have to be suspicious of everyone who knows you well, and that would be a sad way to live.