• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Observations of enneagram types and being mistyped in MBTI and the enneagram

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Sorry it took me a while to respond.

First off, could you put a link to this test so that we can take it to verify it's accuracy? I've gotten some really silly enneagram results on tests.

But personally when I take the similarminds tests, I get type 9 sx with the instinct + type test, and with just the instincts I get sx/sp with an almost non existent soc instinct.

This is the one with the variants alone, for which I get a SP>>SO>SX result: Enneagram Variant Test

And this is the combined one, for which I get Type 5w4 sx (with Type 1 sx second): Enneagram Test with Instinctual Variant results

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is the one with the variants alone, for which I get a SP>>SO>SX result: Enneagram Variant Test

And this is the combined one, for which I get Type 5w4 sx (with Type 1 sx second): Enneagram Test with Instinctual Variant results

Eh...not too bad. Got sp/so/sx with the first one, which is right on.

Got 1w9 with the second, although 5 was a close 2nd, followed by 4. 1,5, and 4 have always been in the top 3 for me, so... at least I'm consistent! :smile:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

My score for this one-

Sexual- 86%
Self Preservation- 78%
Social- 16% <- lol

This was my score for that one- but it gave me 9w1. Top to bottom = most likely to least likely

Type 9 SX

Type 5 SP

Type 6 SP

Type 4 SP

Type 7 SP

Type 1 SX

Type 2 SO

Type 3 SO

Type 8 SX

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I really think I'm type 9 SO/SX. Here is what that test gave me:

Type 3 SO
Type 2 SO
Type 7 SO
Type 9 SP
Type 8 SO
Type 6 SX
Type 1 SX
Type 4 SX
Type 5 SO

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My score for this one-

Sexual- 86%
Self Preservation- 78%
Social- 16% <- lol

This was my score for that one- but it gave me 9w1. Top to bottom = most likely to least likely

Type 9 SX

Type 5 SP

Type 6 SP

Type 4 SP

Type 7 SP

Type 1 SX

Type 2 SO

Type 3 SO

Type 8 SX

I've gotten SX as my variants also. 9w1 SX/SO

Sexual-66%
Social-62%
Self Preservation-50%

Similar to your scores here (at least when it comes to type.)

Type 9 SX
Type 6 SO
Type 4 SP
Type 5 SO
Type 7 SO
Type 2 SO
Type 1 SX
Type 3 SP
Type 8 SO

9: Most 9's tend to mistype themselves or question themselves in the enneagram/MBTI; since by definition 9's don't know themselves that well, or have a hard time doing that. We just know other people, and are detached from ourselves to be attached to the world. The stereotypical I_FPs are 4's, and I_FP 9's can seem to be I_TP from the untrained eye.

I find this particularly funny. When I first took the test, I was wondering if I was an an INFP or an INTP until I read further into detail of both descriptions. It wasn't until later I also found out that ISFP sounded...very much like me.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So the sx folks get sp on that test, while I get sx. It appears to have been drafted on opposite day.

I'd like to take the test you two took to get your results and see if it gives me SP.
I did the Riso-Hudson (paid) one.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTP 5w6 might look a lot like ISTP and ISTP 5w4 might look a lot like INTP.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Great commentary so far! :)

Did just want to add though that some of these combinations can indicate mistypes in both systems, rather than one or the other.

I used to type as ISFP 5, which was...very odd. People told me I was ISTP, even INTP. Or 4w5, 6w5, etc. Turned out I was a well-integrated (7 --> 5) and socially reserved ("I"/"E") ESFP 7 all along, which is a very common combination (ESFP 7 that is).

It's very hard to separate the 5 enneagram from sp instincts, as they're very closely intertwined. I used to think I was Sp, but when I really thought about it, I discovered it was really just my 5 traits in action. I'm still looking in to how instincts manifest themselves [is it only socially?] but that's what I've discovered.

This too. I'm very much SP-dom, which led to me mistyping as 5, when really I'm just a 7 with a strong connection to 5.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is so cool! Could this relate to tritypes in any way?

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If you takes a circular piece of paper representing the self and divide it into 16 parts, then take another one and divide it into 9 parts, no matter how the divisions are made, each part of the whole of one will overlap one or more parts of the whole of the other.

Never understood people dividing up the whole of the individual in one system, doing the same in the other, and saying the two's overlapping pieces will be different between individuals. If one cannot maintain set criterion in the divisions within and between systems in a lineated and non-contradictory manner, then one is simply rationalizing their irrational and inconsistent personal views.