• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My E type?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I have tested as a 1w2 so/sx/sp.

I don't feel like I have the drive that 1s are supposed to, although I greatly identify with the reformer aspect of the description. I find it difficult to sit through a meeting or see a new organization without moving mental furniture constantly to make it a better, more efficient place. It's not being critical, but it is a compulsion! I don't enjoy meetings where you have to work towards a consensus as equal members. I'd far rather be someone's drone, or else have clear cut guidelines and my own little piece of work to do. Alternatively, I'd be fine with being the boss person and relying on the others for contributing practical details rather than conceptual ideas. I'm lazy, and procrastinate although I have accomplished quite a bit over the years. Usually it's because I want to do such a good job that I put off starting it because I don't want to mess it up, or it seems like too big to embark on or I'm not quite sure how or there's a lot of decision making involved. I've always had messy workspaces, although I tend to be great at cleaning up new areas or helping other people organize their projects or spaces. I go on fits of cleaning and organizing every now and then and get lots done, but it's usually in spurts. I'm pretty service-oriented, and in some ways identify with the type 2 description. I see myself giving to the point of being frustrated when others don't appreciate or reciprocate sometimes. I'm not sure that the other parts of that description all fit though.

As far as so/sx, someone suggested I seemed more sx/so. Even after reading the descriptions, I still don't know what they would really look like on me. I feel like although I have a strong drive to connect with people individually, I don't tend to try to merge with them, so much as stay separate entities and share experiences/thoughts. I don't think I'm extremely intense as a person. I do know for a fact though that I don't identify at all with sp.

So for any of you that know me a little personally or have read some of what I write, what are your guesses and why? I don't have much experience with enneagram and I'm not sure even yet what I think of it as a system, but I'm curious.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This may or may not be helpful: I know that what really locked it in for me was comparing the basic fear of each enneatype (of the few I had to choose between). The one for five hit home in a very obvious way.

edit: I have no vote on your enneatype only because I've really only read about type 5. :)

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
That's one of the confusing things. The description for one mostly fits, but the whole anger thing doesn't seem like a big thing to me. 4 and 5, which are common INFJ types doesn't make sense to me. 2 seems a lot more emotional than I am.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1w2 So/Sx seems accurate to me, more so than Sx/So, imo.

Ones can mistake themselves for Twos, especially when female, and when the wing is strong, but Ones are much more concerned with abstract principles than Twos, who are more feeling oriented, emotionally expressive and concerned with people than are Ones.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, for what it's worth, I was just reading through a couple of sites' one and two descriptions and I get more of a one vibe from you. Two does strike me as being more emo than my impression of you.

Here's what I meant by the types' basic fear (from the enneagram institute site):

Basic fear for ones: Of being corrupt/evil, defective

Basic fear for twos: Of being unwanted, unworthy of being loved

I know that there were a few full descriptions for different types I could relate to- but the 'basic fear' for fives is what nailed it for me because that's always what it comes down to when I'm at my most upset and feeling my absolute lowest.

Again- I'm very far from being well versed on the enneagram- I'm just trying to clarify specfically what helped me figure it out for myself.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
As far as the fears listed:

Out of the first set I worry most about the first. Of the second, I worry most about the first. But I think from the descriptions one probably fits better. Is there anything that allows for being a bit of a slacker one though? I mean, I'm not slacker about everything. If the circumstances are right and I believe in the cause, I'll outwork anyone. It's more about things I don't want to do or that I want to do on such a large scale that I get discouraged about starting.

Ingrid in grids

Fidelia, what you're describing about yourself sounds all too much like me. I seem to have settled on 1w2, though I often change my mind about whether I'm sx/so or so/sx. I can't really contribute much, because I'd mostly just be paraphrasing what you've already said. I'm interested to see where this thread goes...

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
It's good to meet you! You new around here?

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For what it's worth, something I read here (the same site as above), which kind of speaks to the idiosyncracies that make it hard to type:

...types are easily confused when they are thought of as narrow entities—as if Nines, for example, were always peaceful and serene. If this is our idea of Nines, then when we encounter someone who is occasionally irritable or aggressive, we may automatically conclude that the person cannot be a Nine. While peacefulness and serenity are two of the principal traits of healthy Nines, there are also times when Nines can be angry, aggressive, and anxious. However, they virtually always think of themselves as peaceful and return to various forms of peacefulness (for instance, passivity and complacency) as their "home base." And just as important, when Nines are aggressive, angry, or anxious, they manifest these traits in distinctively "Nine-ish" ways. For example, they express anger as a "coolness" toward the person they are angry with—while denying that they are at all angry. Even rather severe outbursts of aggression can erupt suddenly and subside quickly. To make subtle distinctions such as these, we must learn to discern the overall style and motivations for each type rather than see individual traits in isolation.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You don't have drive?? Are you kidding? Where's your mirror, woman?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, only for selected things. It seems to me that 1s are supposed to be more disciplined over all, even for the tasks that they don't look forward to...

Besides, even at 67 my mother gets about 5 times as much work done as I do in a day and manages to do it without even seeming rushed. It all appears to be intrinsically motivated. She's a classic 1.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you think that you could be a 9w1, or 1w9? Could look into those types and see if they seem more plausible for you.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that either 1w2 or 1w9 would seem right for you, from what I know of you from this forum. As for the instinctual variants, I don't know...

Chloe

Besides, even at 67 my mother gets about 5 times as much work done as I do in a day and manages to do it without even seeming rushed. It all appears to be intrinsically motivated. She's a classic 1.

And do you think you *should* be like that, efficient like your mother? That's the way to tell are you 1, especially if you quietly beat yourself up because you're not [efficient] as you should be.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, I wish I were more like that for sure.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think that either 1w2 or 1w9 would seem right for you, from what I know of you from this forum. As for the instinctual variants, I don't know...

That part I am sure about: so/sx/sp

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That part I am sure about: so/sx/sp

I think you are seriously the first Type-C member I have seen identify themselves as SO-dom...well done for bucking the trend, especially the SX trend ;)

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9w1 also seems possible for you?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Don't think I'm enough of a peace-maker for that. I don't go looking for a fight, but I'm pretty comfortable standing my ground if I need to or speaking up for myself. I'm trying to think of the other 9s I know around here. My struggles seem to be different than theirs a lot of the time.