• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My E type?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you don't relate to e9 at all? a withdrawn e9 tempered by so/sx lightness? i tend to think of 1w2 types as forces of nature. all the 1w2 types i've known have been exxj types with a huge amount of energy. i tend to think infjs lean towards 9w1 and intjs towards 1w9.

also--is enfj still a possibility?

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
There is also the idea of having balanced wings. If you have both wings, I can imagine that the 9 inertia can help cancel out the 2 energy?

Rena

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Hi Fidelia- it sounds like you definitely on the right track. Have you read the full description of the 1w2? That might help.

Also, here's how type One compares to all the other types:

Can’t figure out your personality type? Part 1: Comparing Ones with other types | AllPersonality.com

Sometimes its more of a generalization to say Ones are always organzied, neat and highly productive. Many are just like you, very highly motivated when they are working toward a cause they believe in. But a One who was stuck in a job they felt was pointless busy-work would have a hard time sustaining their motivation. And many are only very neat and organized in certain aspects of their life. It's all about whatever their particular code of ethics dictates. If they feel it's "wrong" to be too tightly wound up, and that it's "right" to be more relaxed and adaptable in their environment, then that's how they'll be.

Also, I notice that many Ones don't see themselves as accomplished and productive as they actually are. I think it's because they have such high expectations for themselves. Example- a One who repainted their living room should feel great about what they got done-anyone looking on would be like, wow- you got it all done-good for you! But if the One's to-do list included repainting the living room and the kitchen, they feel like a slacker because they only got one room done, not two.

Know what I mean? :newwink:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
As far as the 9 stuff, I am not really conflict avoidant and I definitely don't tend to deal with stress by escape to fantasies/daydreaming etc. I know some 9s, and I don't think that we match up that much.

I do think there is a Right way about a lot of things, which seems to jive with 1ness. I don't care so much about how things are done, but there are some issues where I don't believe in just living and letting live.

How does the balanced wings thing work? Do they just neutralize each other?

Rena, thanks for that bit of information. I think it's certainly true that I am organized in the things that I have made a priority to. Even as a child though, I was always the kid with the messy desk, or books stacked up high in one corner. On the other hand, disorder that is too great when I am working bothers me. Even going into someone else's space that is cluttered and dirty makes me want to help fix it for them. It is also true that if I believe there is a good reason for doing something, I will make it a higher priority than if I perceive it to be busywork that will not matter in the long run.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
How does the balanced wings thing work? Do they just neutralize each other?

Personally, I don't think they cancel each other out, because I know people who identify only with their core type but not with the adjacent types at all. However, there are also people who identify with both their wings and can see a bit of themselves in both. So, IMO, having no wing is different from having balanced wings.

In your case, as you don't really identify with the 9, perhaps it's the influence of your so/sx stacking? Being so-first would cut down a lot of the intensity, preferring a broader network of relationships.

Anyway, I found this:

1 so/sx
The social/sexual will have the same concerns as the social/selfpres it’s just that it becomes more personal. They will zero in on what they want to make better and the intensity of their conviction is more obvious. Along with this on the high side they are more personable and lighter. Don’t take themselves as seriously. They can have a great sense of humor. On the downside their sensitivity can cause them to hold grudges. This type because the selfpres is last may be mistaken for other e types. Along with the sexual/social they can be sloppy usually there is still a sense of organization and a desire to do a job right but much less perfectionism in the material, physical environment. All there focus is on people and society. With this focus they can become quite persuasive in their causes. On the down side this extra outward energy if taken too far can result in a consuming feeling that they need to be right at all costs.

Source: Instinctual Variants - PersonalityCafe The list is incomplete -- but it's pretty interesting :)

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh yeah, that totally describes me!