• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

9 or 4....or?

chooi

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/9
Hmm, artistic/creative endeavors are definitely something that I use to express myself and work out what I'm feeling inside...often things that I have trouble putting into words (at least to other people).

I share a lot of similarities with you LOTR246, but some differences are that I ALWAYS explore my feelings and those around me. If I get sad or angry, I'm overcome with emotions for a minute or two, but then I start asking "why? why am I angry?" then I just get kind of preoccupied with analysis. If I am a 4, which I'm beginning to suspect (again haha), it might be the 5 wing showing. If I beat myself up over something or am depressed I tend to have an "ah-ha" moment where I usually just call myself melodramatic or a p*ssy and it's usually tra-la-la-la after that.

If someone has on the same thing as me, excepting the cases of the girls, which was thoroughly embarrassing, I usually tell them that "I like their shirt...etc" as kind of a joke. One time my friend and I bought the same shirt somewhere and wore them around.

One of the reasons that I DON'T like some people who are similar to me is because I can see my own shortcomings and flaws in them. They do, however, tend to be easier to talk to. I do think that I see things differently, but have negotiated that there have to be some people who have the same perspective as me, so I don't feel overly different. But the fact that I realize that I'm not totally different makes me feel.....different. :thinking:

In other words, I'm me, and that is different. Nothing that someone wears or imitates of mine can change that. Also, if I share similarities with someone that's fine and dandy. They're still not me. I'm just chill mode.:cool:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When mapped to the temperament matrix (based on expressiveness and responsiveness), it shows why 4 and 9 would be close to each other and possibly have some overlap

enneagram.jpg

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Looking at each type's integration points can help in deciding which type suits you.

4s actually move towards 1s when healthy, which might make them seem similar to 9w1s because they will be less self-absorbed and more giving, and less ruled by emotion.

9s move towards 3 as they get healthier, becoming more energetic and acting more in the real world instead of retreating to the safety of their fantasy. Again, here we may have a healthy 9 looking like a 4, as they may pursue artistic endeavors or something along those lines. A healthy 9 pursues an identity in the real world, whereas a healthy 4 becomes less rigid in their "unique" identity and focuses more on other people. They almost flip in a way.

So think about which way you see yourself growing - what point are you starting at, and which direction do you tend to move when at your best?

You can also look at disintegration points too.

chooi

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/9
Whoa, that chart just blew my mind.

Orange, that's been a point of confusion for me. Moving in the direction of another type means you exhibit characteristics of that type? If that's the case, I'm even more confused than before. I relate to both in different respects, although 1 has scored really low on the tests that I've taken. But that might be more of an issue of health/development. But I feel...pretty healthy.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whoa, that chart just blew my mind.

Orange, that's been a point of confusion for me. Moving in the direction of another type means you exhibit characteristics of that type? If that's the case, I'm even more confused than before. I relate to both in different respects, although 1 has scored really low on the tests that I've taken. But that might be more of an issue of health/development. But I feel...pretty healthy.

It's more about balance than turning into another type. The 4 won't seem like a 1, but will gain some of their strengths in the sense that they balance/lessen their flaws; ie. the self-absorbed 4 is less self-absorbed.

I wouldn't look at your scores to tell you your integration point either....I think test scores are best for main type & maybe your wing.