• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am as confused as I am curious!

CuriousGeorgiana

Hello,

Right now I'm new, confused and I'm Georgiana (<--my name) nice to make your acquaintance. I was wondering if any of you guys or gals could help me out. I took a swell test on ‘9types’ and scored highest in 7 and 8.

Next, I read every description I could find, not just 7's and 8's but all of the types. Reading the descriptions for 7 scared me as they matched me with a creepy accuracy. The 8 description suited me almost just as well. None of the others really seemed to fit me.

I am guessing that I'm a peppy little "7 with an 8 wing" but I might be misunderstanding this whole thing. Therefore if anyone can give confirmation or clarification...it would be very much appreciated!

-Georgi

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This means that you're a 7 with an 8 wing. I'm a 4 with a 5 wing, which means that I'm a type 4 (the Romantic), but also have traits of a type 5 (intellectualizing, etc.). Think of the "wings" as which variety of an Enneagram type you are. If you identify mostly with the 7, and some of 8, then you are a 7w8.

Hope this helps. :)

CuriousGeorgiana

Thanks so much that was most helpful. I believe I grasp the "wing concept" now! 7w8 makes complete sense.

It’s nice to meet another who knows the enchantment of curiosity.

-Georgi

Rena

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Here's a good image to help you visualize the concept of wings. It helps give each type it's individual flavor- but you are still fundamentally one type.

enneagram-wings.gif

CuriousGeorgiana

Thanks so much Rena, that is actually pretty helpful. It helps to visualize the concept in this manner! Personality-wise, I am still ever so slightly torn between the 7w8 and the 8w7 but I am becoming more certain that I am a 7w8 with the reading materials available!

-Georgi

Rena

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Thanks so much Rena, that is actually pretty helpful. It helps to visualize the concept in this manner! Personality-wise, I am still ever so slightly torn between the 7w8 and the 8w7 but I am becoming more certain that I am a 7w8 with the reading materials available!

-Georgi

Glad that helped! I'm a very visual person so i like pictures for everything. :yes:

I had the exact same problem- trying to decide if I was 3w4 or 4w3. It can be tough- especially if you have a strong wing and really identify with it. One thing that helped me decide for sure was looking at the lines of stress- each type travels along those lines to another number when they are stressed. The behaviors are different with each type. For example, Sevens suddenly become a perfectionist and critical like a One when they are stressed, but Eights suddenly become secretive and fearful like a Five. Those are such different reactions it's usually easier to tell which fits you personally.