• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Your enneagram type

My Enneagram type is:

• Total voters

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
why is everyone (or everyone thinks they are) 4w5/5w4? :shock: y'all think you're sensitive and special and stuff?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
why is everyone (or everyone thinks they are) 4w5/5w4? :shock: y'all think you're sensitive and special and stuff?

is there a lot on this forum? just a lot of infp's and intps i guess? 4w5 is common for infj too??

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You are most likely a type 9.

Your wings seem to be balanced.

:mexbanana:

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
I have voted for 9w8, but I honestly can't say that I'm very secure in that position. I am honestly thinking of going back to my typing of being a 6 of some sort. Likely with a 7 wing. I feel like I am both cowardly (in the sense of running away from fears), and deadening my responses to the world. I generally have enough self awareness to solve all of my problems, but I simply just don't do it due to apathy and fear. :/ I just say I'm a 9, because I'm currently interested in that and because 9 is what others told me I am.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
my type

2w3(sw1w2) - 6w7(sw5w6) - 9w1(sw1w2) so/sp

zulidadwi

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I got 4w5 with sp variant
and my mbti result was ISTJ

L

LadyLazarus

Aww fuck I'm common here.Almost makes me want to switch to six.

sostenuto

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Apparently, I got 5w6 w/sp variant. Interesting.

Rambling

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Still 5w6 then 5w4. And sx / sp.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9w1 sp, despite what silly Enneagram tests say. (I keep testing as 4w3 or 5.) sp/sx, most likely, but there have been times in my life when I've been more sp/so-ish.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
9w1 sp, despite what silly Enneagram tests say. (I keep testing as 4w3 or 5.) sp/sx, most likely, but there have been times in my life when I've been more sp/so-ish.

I think you are a 4.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hope this is the right place to put this...

I thought I'd do some more delving into my type, to help differentiate if I am a 9 or a 7. I feel pretty confident that my enneatype is how it is listed in my signature, but I'm open to exploring the validity of that. Anyone who knows me, or loves to discuss enneatypes, feel free to respond!

I wrote this this morning. I KNOW without a doubt I am an SX DOM, so don't worry about discussing that. I am SX/SO/SP, very strong on the SX.

My Exploration into My Enneatype
by AphroditeGoneAwry
10/30/14

The bolded resonates with me:
Sexual 7*- Seeking Intimacy/Intensity
Udit Patel*"The Neophile (Ichazo's "Suggestibility")"

Sexual Sevens seek stimulation, especially the stimulation of whatever is new, cutting edge, or exotic. They are extremely curious and often intellectually avid, and they bring the same searching engagement to their relationships. Sexual Sevens love to meet new people, to learn about them, and to get intensely involved with them—whether through conversation, shared adventures, or sexual experiences. They are often highly charismatic, having no trouble capturing people's attention with their energy, wit, and genuine desire to connect with people. They often frustrate themselves and others, however, because their attention is easily captured by what promises excitement. Sexual Sevens can shift from one intense focus to another too quickly for their own good. They can also become easily enthused about a new idea, person, or experience without checking it out thoroughly, often leading to regrets later on either in business or in relationships. When less healthy, they may indiscriminately pursue relationships or unusual, even dangerous, experiences for the excitement that it brings and to counteract boredom and inner deadness. The search for a variety of exotic and intense experiences can leave them burned out and dissipated.

My thoughts:
I think that the unbolded portions speak simply to the fact that most 7's are extraverted, and I am introverted.

Sexual 9*- Seeking Intimacy/Intensity
Udit Patel*Merging (Ichazo's "Union")

Sexual Nines seek a sense of well-being by finding something or someone to merge with. They want to be at one with the world, with beauty, with nature, but especially with a special, ideal lover. That being said, Sexual Nines have many anxieties about losing themselves by submerging their identity in the other. Thus, they can sometimes appear ambivalent and emotionally conflicted, like Fours or Sixes. They sometimes attempt to "solve" the inner conflict between their desire for merging and their desire for independence by "triangulation." They engage in two separate, simultaneous relationships that serve different needs while never completely showing up in either. Needless to say, this can create the kinds of conflicts that Nines are trying to avoid.

The overall affect of Sexual Nines is one of gentleness, ease, and flow, and they seek these qualities in others and in the environment. They also tend to be highly sensual, enjoying tastes, textures, and sensations. Although they resemble Fours in this regard, being ethereal and dreamy, their sensuality is earthy and embodied, and they are not as self-aware or self-doubting as Fours. Sexual Nines tend to be more imaginative than the other Variants—often with elements of gentle whimsy and heroic fantasy. They see the world in magical terms, investing even ordinary objects with a warm glow. They seem to take in the world with a wide-eyed wonder and have a characteristic child-like aura about them.*

My thoughts:
I have no anxiety. I have no conscious fears. I do not “want to get along” at all costs. I prefer truth over camaraderie. I'd rather hurt someone's feelings and tell them the truth, than keep the peace and tell them a lie. I am gentle, but I wouldn't say it's my primary affect. Inside I feel fearless and boldy assertive. Even though people see me as more 'laid back' (which always shocks me).

7w8*- Seeking Stimulation and Power
LifeExplore

When healthy, Sevens with an 8 wing are often generous, gregarious and expansive. Tend to be exceptionally loyal to their friends, especially when social subtype. Leap aggressively to the defense of those they care for. Might seem loud or boisterous although some are urbane and witty. Enjoy social celebrations, storytelling, jokes, food and travel. Generally have a strong self-confidence for worldly matters and getting what they want. Talent for making something out of nothing - entrepreneurial. Usually share what they have when healthy, want everyone to enjoy their sense of bounty and wide range of interests. When more entranced, they may be demanding, displaying a selfish impatience and a self-justifying narcissism. May want what they want right now. Aggressive, hasty drive to acquire money and material options and recognition. Can demand that the people in their lives say only what the Seven wants to hear - sugarcoated truth. Lash out angrily if reality doesn't meet their expectations; sometimes vengeful. Often perfectionistic as parents (low side of 1). Moralize to others and then are themselves irresponsible. Amnesia for promises made in an expansive moment. Particular difficulty with sexual fidelity.

9w8*- Seeking Peace and Power
LifeExplore

Awakened Nines with an 8 wing have a modest, steady, receptive core. They are charged by the dynamism of 8 - when focused on goals they often have great force of will. Get things done, make good leaders. May have an animal magnetism of which they are only partly aware. Can seem highly centered, take what they do seriously but remain unimpressed with themselves. 8 wing can bring a strong internal sense of direction. Relatively fearless and highly intuitive. Generally not intellectual unless they have it in their background. When more entranced, they manifest the contradictions of the two styles expressing them in sequence. Could be passively amiable like a Nine and then turn horribly blunt like an 8. One moment they are opinionated or nasty, next moment kindly and supportive. Often don't hear their voices when angry. Can have a sharp, grating edge. May be slow to anger and then explode. Or angry but don't know it; may confuse being assertive with being rude. Placidly callous - both styles support numbness. Tactless and indiscriminate and indiscreet. May be unwittingly disloyal, spilling everyone's secrets. Sexual confusion, sometimes they are driven by lust.

~All taken from the Enneagram Blogspot.

Overall, I feel a sense of vigor in my essence, a vitality, a need to be completely emerged and ensconced in my passion. I am a purist; I dive into something so hard I will settle for nothing less than the Source. I like being edgy with my relationships, but not edgy with gadgets or sports. (I think this is the Ni/Fe/Te manifestation?) I worry that I will bore people, even though I am not usually bored by people. I am healthy, so most of the unhealthy descriptions do not fit me. I am driven to connect on as deep a level as possible with everyone, but especially my intimate partner. I do not care about money, nor fame. My simple ambition is to glorify my God.