• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Your enneagram type

My Enneagram type is:

• Total voters

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
In that case, I would have to say the Sp was correct. However, I suspect that the test always gives a type 5 an Sp. I think you have Sx second.

From http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e142...er_op=view_page&PAGE_id=33&MMN_position=86:80

-Self-pres/Sexual

This subtype, like the self-pres/social, is more typical of the depictions of type Five. The self-preservational instinct accentuates the self-contained, withdrawing tendencies of the Five. Fives of this subtype love their time alone with a passion, and pursue it more actively even than the other subtype of self-pres Five, although with the sexual instinct second, they often want to find time for intimates as well. On the down side, they have more disdain for people and little use for the social aspects of life. They want to be left alone or they want to share their inner world with their intimates. The intensity of the sexual instinct is reserved for their intimates and even there it is sporadic. The self-pres energy gives this subtype a solid foundation and some degree of practicality.

These Fives are conflicted when it comes to experiencing and expressing emotions. They usually default to emotional repression and to detached intellectual analysis. This is a dynamic common to all Fives, but with the self-pres/sexual instinctual stacking, the balance of these forces is pretty precarious and it seems as though the scales are being constantly adjusted one way or another. As the social instinct is the least developed, the social arena gets the drier more intellectual approach almost by default.-

Mmm, yeah, I relate to that description, but also to the sx/sp one just as much. It seems like the main difference between them is the intensity of the individual and the level of importance placed on intimate relationships.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
9w8 sx/sp

I'm not sure its a standard ISTP answer. Maybe we are supposed to be 7s. I'm not really sure 9 covers my personality adequately. It covers parts of it definitely.... but i feel like the MBTI typings are more accurate to me.

ISTP correlates better with 5 than with 7 or 9.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mmm, yeah, I relate to that description, but also to the sx/sp one just as much. It seems like the main difference between them is the intensity of the individual and the level of importance placed on intimate relationships.

The dominance of an instinct is not a permanent feature of personality. When a new relationship arises (or even when in the process of wooing a new romantic interest) the Sx instinct can come to the foreground.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
The dominance of an instinct is not a permanent feature of personality. When a new relationship arises (or even when in the process of wooing a new romantic interest) the Sx instinct can come to the foreground.

I thought as much. Well, everything is still new. I may yet calm down. We'll see.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTP correlates better with 5 than with 7 or 9.

I just read the 5 description and it sounds fairly familiar... so maybe i am a five after all. it was my second highest score on the test.... but on the other hand i am massively laid back and love to avoid conflict.

Can't really decide. I don't feel like either describe me as well as ISTP

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought as much. Well, everything is still new. I may yet calm down. We'll see.

Don't calm down on the sx front Mae! I don't want to be the only nympho around here!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
QUOTE=lauranna;1676250]I just read the 5 description and it sounds fairly familiar... so maybe i am a five after all. it was my second highest score on the test.... but on the other hand i am massively laid back and love to avoid conflict.

Can't really decide. I don't feel like either describe me as well as ISTP[/QUOTE]

This chart I just found looks accurate, except for the type 1 ISTP which is questionable to me. INFJ as a type 9 also looks out of place.
2412kvc.jpg

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^I'm glad that chart flagged up INFJ as a likely type for 6. I think some people find it a really weird choice. ;)

I doubt that as many INFJs are 4s as claim to be - there also seem to be a fair few INFJ 5s and I wonder about that a bit too. Not that I am doubting anyone's type in particular on this forum, just I am fairly sure there are more INFJ 6s out there than are identifying themselves as such. ;)

I seriously thought I was a 9 for some time and still wonder sometimes. It's supposed to be the 6 point of integration and I certainly relate more to 9 than to any other e-type than 6. Even more than 4, which at first I assumed I was supposed to be but soon realised I wasn't.

Externally I probably come across more as a 9 a lot of the time - very calm (which belies an often churning interior, or at least a lot of back chatter in my head.)

I know at least one INFJ 9 and I am pretty sure she's typed herself correctly with both. Not sure how common it is though.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
Don't calm down on the sx front Mae! I don't want to be the only nympho around here!

Don't worry, I'll still be a nympho sp. :newwink:

As far as e 9 goes, that's my second highest result, close behind 5. I think it's really easy to relate to 9, especially for IPs. I am also very laid back and will generally avoid conflict. It's like 9 fills the small spaces that 5 doesn't. That's why I like the concept of the tritype.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I'm a walking contradiction as an ENTP enneagram 9, sx/so/sp.

If you can call them wings, they are 7 and 2.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alot of 4w5s :shock:

I'm split bewteen 6w5 and 4w5. Leaning more to 4w5

Blanchard

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5W4
5w4 and 4w5. They are tied. By my INTJ type, i think that i am more 5w4.

Aerorobyn

MBTI Type
Te<3
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like enneagram because it's the only system that I can actually confirm that I have a type on.

Anyways, I'm a 6. I don't know about the wing, I think I'm pretty balanced. Also, sx/sp I believe.

Rim

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a core 6w7 (sw 5w4) 4w5(sw 2w1) 9w1(sw8w9).

I test as a 4w5 on enneagram tests and thought I was a 4 up until it became apparent to some people that what I wrote, what I said, why and how I did these things was very 6w7. I fought hard against it and the more I fought being a 6 the more apparent it got to me that I am defending myself like a 6. Then I gave in and was given a less SJ-ish type 6 description....it was spot on. I always knew I didn't care about being unique enough. I doubted..oh boy did I doubt and I researched and debated until the final type was settled. It was difficult coming to terms with being anxious and afraid because I have been fighting those feelings for such a long time...I didn't want to admit.

It isn't that uncommon really, all NFs can be 6. Most INFPs just get stuck at 9 or 4 and never realize they may be neither. I almost made that mistake.

crayons

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
6w5 or 5w6. I'd lean more toward 6w5 since anxiety does motivate quite a few of my actions