• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Your enneagram type

My Enneagram type is:

• Total voters
O

Oberon

I took the online test and it told me I was a balanced 5, but when I read the type descriptions I could see some very strong elements of 7 and 9 in myself, and also some 4.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Why is there no room for balanced wings in the poll?

jam0490

According to the test it said i'm most likely to be a Type 9, and to take into account my wings which were 4w5.

I read the description of Type 4 and fully felt as though it summed me up, some elements of 5 as well, but i thought i was staring at myself in words with 4 lol!

B

brainheart

Says 5 sp with pretty heavy 4 (although 6 comes up third). Seems to be right.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 2. I don't think I have a wing. I cannot seem to score 'properly' to get a one or three in the next category and always get 8. I am not however overbearing/controlling (the sign of an unhealthy 2). I pretty much gave up on enneagram due to this and am not going to alter my answers to make it work.

In that case it is possible to research your own test results. Find those responses matching the type 8 category and reflect on why you selected those.

The Enneagram test is limited to types with wings, it does not explain why the type 2 might score high on 8 if it's not due to being a stress point; it does not explain the friend whose high scores evened out at both 7 and 9. The test result itself is rarely a good substitute for self-reflection; hopefully, it should help provoke some of that, and not cause someone to simply give up.

Wing theory does not explain why my highest test score the first time was type 3 when I am clearly a type 5. But after studying the system and the test results for a while, I knew why.

The ANSIR typology gives 3 dynamics, not just one or two. So it is possible that my friend who scored evenly on point 7 and 9 is an Eccentrik (like a 7) and a Kinsmen (much like the 9). The ANSIR will reveal which of those two types is the Boss type. If Eccentrik is the Boss, then I would say my friend is the type 7 (knowing her, I would say that anyway).

Any such test is a test of self-awareness, but the success of the result utterly relies on the objectivity of the test-taker. If you are not very objective with your self-awareness, then this will likely affect your test result. I don't know if that's the case here but it was for me 18 years ago when I took the RETI (before there was a RHETI) the first time.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sixes with a Five Wing are more shy, cautious, and withdrawn, which others often mistake as being cold and standoffish. It's really just that Five tendency to need private space, opportunities to observe before engaging, and a need to seek solitude until they can wrap their minds around whatever is bothering them. Like Fives, these Sixes are simply more introverted, intellectual, and attracted to solitary activities such as research or informational gathering. Fives' love of being alone to process and contemplate can benefit phobic Sixes' need for outside approval. Although it could lead to paranoia, most Sixes with Five wings remain loners because they simply like to protect their privacy, acquire knowledge to distinguish and separate themselves, and even shield themselves from too much outside interference.

According to The Enneagram Movie and Video Guide, examples of Sixes with a Five wing include Warren Beatty, Gene Hackman, J. Edgar Hoover, Spike Lee, Richard Nixon, Janet Reno, and Brian Wilson. Movie roles that portray Sixes with a Five wing include Martin Landeau in Crimes and Misdemeanors, Sam Neill in The Piano, and Anthony Perkins in Psycho.

A Five wing helps Sixes perfect a smooth exterior that hides a percolating intelligence and a lot more depth than you would imagine. Negative Five wings can amplify Sixes' phobias or counterphobias, particularly when Sixes spend too much time alone brooding over past hurts. When mixed with paralyzing Six fear, some start believing that danger lies everywhere and may become increasingly antisocial and paranoid.

Yes, this is definitely me! Although the Anthony Perkins thing really creeps me out lolol.........:shock: I think if I indulge it, yes, I will start thinking that everyone is evil and out-to-get-me! lol....... (and sometimes I do)..... I give up on all this though, when I get dressed up and go out .... I love shopping, amusement parks, etc., so I think I use 7 sometimes too, and need to. I do operate with the 5 wing most often, though.
I wondered what differentiated istp's.... like why some of them were so sporty when I was not. Then I found enneagram.....

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Unlike previous times I've taken this test, I finally feel like this result actually fits me quite well.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The first test on that site always gives me 7w8 and the second one always gives me 5w4, variant sx.

I'll join in the poll when I'm a little less confused...

^ That was in early 2009, but I am less confused now :) I'm most likely a 7w6. Also one of the things says that my variant is sx/so/sp, but I'm still pretty unsure on that.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
^ That was in early 2009, but I am less confused now :) I'm most likely a 7w6. Also one of the things says that my variant is sx/so/sp, but I'm still pretty unsure on that.

It took me a really long time to be less confused about the Enneagram as well. About a lot of things, actually. Well, here's to less confusion! :biggrin:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why is there no room for balanced wings in the poll?

Because wing-theory is not about the strength of the types on either side of your core type, whether or not they test equally. In fact, your wing can be relatively weak.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I got this:

Enneagram Test Results

You are most likely a type 1.

Your wings seem to be balanced.

No personality test is completely accurate. Although several measures were taken to make this test as accurate as possible, there's always a chance that you are not typed correctly by it. Therefore, when deciding which Enneagram type and wing you are, you might also want to consider the types with the highest test scores on the lists below.

(Note that your lowest scores may be omitted.)
Type 1 - 11.3
Type 6 - 8.7
Type 4 - 8.7
Type 5 - 8.3
Type 3 - 8
Type 2 - 6
Type 9 - 5.7
Type 7 - 5.7

Wing 1w2 - 14.3
Wing 1w9 - 14.2
Wing 6w5 - 12.9
Wing 4w5 - 12.9
Wing 5w4 - 12.7
Wing 4w3 - 12.7
Wing 5w6 - 12.7
Wing 3w4 - 12.4
Wing 2w1 - 11.7
Wing 6w7 - 11.6
Wing 9w1 - 11.4
Wing 3w2 - 11
Wing 7w6 - 10.1
Wing 2w3 - 10
Wing 9w8 - 6.9
Wing 7w8 - 6.9

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are most likely a type 5.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w6.

Type 5 - 10.3
Type 7 - 8.3
Type 6 - 8
Type 3 - 7.7
Type 4 - 2.7

Wing 5w6 - 14.3
Wing 6w5 - 13.2
Wing 7w6 - 12.3
Wing 6w7 - 12.2
Wing 5w4 - 11.7
Wing 3w4 - 9.1
Wing 7w8 - 9
Wing 3w2 - 8.1
Wing 4w5 - 7.9
Wing 4w3 - 6.6

SilverMoon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
You are most likely a type 6.
Enneagram Type 6 - The Loyalist
Conflicted between trust and distrust

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 6w5.

self-preservation variant

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not that anyone gives a shit but here it is:

Test 1

Type 1 - 8.7
Type 6 - 7
Type 7 - 6.3
Type 8 - 5.7
Type 5 - 5
Type 9 - 4
Type 2 - 2.3

Wing 1w9 - 10.7
Wing 6w7 - 10.2
Wing 1w2 - 9.9
Wing 7w6 - 9.8
Wing 6w5 - 9.5
Wing 7w8 - 9.2
Wing 8w7 - 8.9
Wing 5w6 - 8.5
Wing 9w1 - 8.4
Wing 8w9 - 7.7
Wing 9w8 - 6.9
Wing 2w1 - 6.7
Wing 5w4 - 5.9
Wing 2w3 - 3.2

Test 2

Type 5 SX
Type 1 SO
Type 8 SX
Type 3 SX
Type 4 SP
Type 6 SX
Type 9 SX
Type 7 SO
Type 2 SP

I dunno really...

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My type was after having done 3 type me threads and lots of comparison and analysis of the helen palmer tapes of 8 and 3.

At class I exhibit 3-ish behavior (which got me confused as to which one my dominant type is) but my main emotion that came out from this was rage. It was the resentment and frustration not to end up like failures of a parent both of them are -- it was a way to assert dominance or power when it comes to the "brains" department.

8w9 3w4 5w4 sx/sp

Maybe we could actually expand this question a bit (since it's in a more serious category) rather than just having everyone volunteer their enneagram type.

Like, "...and what does it mean for you?" or "Do you think the test was right or wrong, and why?"

Or some other question that actually provides some decent exploration (?).

On these tests I typically score 8,3,5 very highly then followed by 2 or 9. When it comes to personality typing, tests are scheisse in general. No description of ourselves can ever be complete.

Edit: I think enneagram is more useful than MBTI/JCF because the latter just states how are you different and attaching different stereotypes or listed behavior (MBTI) or just your thought preference and how you do things (JCF). Enneagram is more useful (to me) in a sense that it tells you to look back at your past and find out what really cause you to be this way, feel this way, etc.