• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Your enneagram type

My Enneagram type is:

• Total voters

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I could be a 5w4, or a straight up 5. I relate more to the type 5 Ennegram description than to the INTP description, although there is much I relate to there as well (obviously).

A lot of INTPs can be type 9s, but I'm too direct and aggressive for that tag. Not to say that 9s aren't aggressive....they are often passive aggressive, which drives me nuts.

I have a hard time trusting people who say they never get angry. My first thought is usually, "Oh, I get it! You punish people by withholding and other passive aggressive shit." Meh to that.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I relate more to the type 5 Ennegram description than to the INTP description, although there is much I relate to there as well (obviously).

Same here. It fits me like a glove compared to MBTI. The lower average 5w6 description fits me much better than anything else.

As Fives with a dominant Six wing become more unhealthy, their theories tend to become more abstract and theoretical, and less connected with physical and tangible reality to the extent that they may dismiss empirical evidence which does not support their ideas on the basis that they are meaningless or arbitrary. In fact, many unhealthy Fives with a dominant Six wing tend to become fairly nihilistic, seeing reality and existence as meaningless and arbitrary.

Clover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
5 with even wings, though I am I pretty sure 5w4 fits me best. Wow, why are there so many 5w4s?! Do they all just gather here or are they very common?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5 with even wings, though I am I pretty sure 5w4 fits me best. Wow, why are there so many 5w4s?! Do they all just gather here or are they very common?

5w4 is a very common INTP type, also common among other types. INTP is the most common here, so there's going to be a lot of 5w4s.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm either a 4w3 or a 6w?

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I am a 9w1, though my next highest score was 5w4 (and it was pretty close). I can see parts of me in both descriptions.

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I have a hard time trusting people who say they never get angry. My first thought is usually, "Oh, I get it! You punish people by withholding and other passive aggressive shit." Meh to that.

I don't know that I'd say I never get angry...but I rarely do. It takes a lot to get me to that point. I think I really just don't care about most things enough to get angry about them.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I had a go at this before but there wasn't as many questions .. I was a 4 (the individualist) .. now it seems i am a 2w1 .. pretty spot on. :blush:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'm technically 5w7, which is an unhealthy enneagram. But I have matured it?

Don't know much about enneagrams.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, today I have re-decided that the enneagram is a bunch of crap. It's based on way too much speculation on things that really can't be known.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I look at this forum and there are 4 enneagram threads. What's with the sudden obsession?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I look at this forum and there are 4 enneagram threads. What's with the sudden obsession?

Well this IS a typology forum. I just don't get why there aren't more Socionics threads. I guess people don't tend to see Enneagram and MBTI as being at odds with each other, while they do when it comes to Socionics and MBTI.

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't think the enneagram is necessarily crap, but I think that MBTI comes 10x as close to helping me "find myself". The only enneagram type that comes with a country mile of describing me is to unite the 4, 6, and 9 in one amorphous being. This is complicated by the fact that I was a pretty hardcore 3 child, I idealize my vision of life unfolding in the direction of 1, and no type can drive me to genuine love, lust, anger, or feelings of rejection faster than a 5. On average, I can be a strong 7 about one day out of thirty. I try my darndest not to hate the 8, and I'm a bit passive-aggressive towards 2s. :smile: I think that means I've done my homework!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think the enneagram is necessarily crap, but I think that MBTI comes 10x as close to helping me "find myself". The only enneagram type that comes with a country mile of describing me is to unite the 4, 6, and 9 in one amorphous being. This is complicated by the fact that I was a pretty hardcore 3 child, I idealize my vision of life unfolding in the direction of 1, and no type can drive me to genuine love, lust, anger, or feelings of rejection faster than a 5. On average, I can be a strong 7 about one day out of thirty. I try my darndest not to hate the 8, and I'm a bit passive-aggressive towards 2s. :smile: I think that means I've done my homework!

Enneagram and MBTI are both equally helpful. Enneagram basically says how someone will act, MBTI will say how someone's personality is. MBTI is the tool, enneagram is how you use the tool.

And I do hope you don't hate all type 8's. :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

Be careful though with following ideals that sound logically coherent or 10x sure. Those things brought a whole nation to its downfall once.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram and MBTI are both equally helpful. Enneagram basically says how someone will act, MBTI will say how someone's personality is. MBTI is the tool, enneagram is how you use the tool.

And I do hope you don't hate all type 8's. :)

That's a helpful way of looking at the two systems.

I'm genuinely not a "h8-r". :cheese: I'm able to identify real-life 8's and 8 characteristics that I like and respect, but if the person is an ExTJ-8 (which doesn't always go hand in hand), I can go a bit insane.

Please understand, it's just been that kind of year.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's a helpful way of looking at the two systems.

I'm genuinely not a "h8-r". :cheese: I'm able to identify real-life 8's and 8 characteristics that I like and respect, but if the person is an ExTJ-8 (which doesn't always go hand in hand), I can go a bit insane.

Please understand, it's just been that kind of year.

Oh yes of course, I was messing with ya anyways. :jew: