• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Your enneagram type

My Enneagram type is:

• Total voters

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Type 5 - 9.7
Type 8 - 9
Type 9 - 8.7
Type 4 - 7.3
Type 1 - 6.7
Type 7 - 6.3
Type 3 - 5.3
Type 6 - 5

Wing 5w4 - 13.3
Wing 8w9 - 13.3
Wing 9w8 - 13.2
Wing 8w7 - 12.2
Wing 5w6 - 12.2
Wing 4w5 - 12.1
Wing 9w1 - 12
Wing 1w9 - 11.1
Wing 7w8 - 10.8
Wing 4w3 - 9.9
Wing 6w5 - 9.8
Wing 3w4 - 8.9
Wing 7w6 - 8.8
Wing 6w7 - 8.2
Wing 1w2 - 7.8
Wing 3w2 - 6.4

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I told you I was a 9w5!!!
You are most likely a type 9.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w6 or 6w5 or 9w1.

It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.

To determine your true type, you might want to start by considering the types with the highest scores on the lists below. Also, there are many fine books and other websites that contain detailed descriptions of the types. Consulting these might give you the information you need to determine your true type. As knowing your Enneagram type involves self-knowledge, you might want to observe and analyze your behavior and motivations. You might also benefit from taking the test again later.
(Note that your lowest scores may be omitted.)
Type 9 - 11
Type 5 - 10
Type 6 - 9.7
Type 4 - 9
Type 3 - 8.3
Type 7 - 7.7
Type 1 - 7.3
Type 2 - 7
Type 8 - 5

Wing 5w6 - 14.8
Wing 6w5 - 14.7
Wing 9w1 - 14.7
Wing 5w4 - 14.5
Wing 4w5 - 14
Wing 6w7 - 13.5
Wing 9w8 - 13.5
Wing 4w3 - 13.2
Wing 1w9 - 12.8
Wing 3w4 - 12.8
Wing 7w6 - 12.6
Wing 3w2 - 11.8
Wing 2w3 - 11.2
Wing 1w2 - 10.8
Wing 2w1 - 10.7
Wing 8w9 - 10.5
Wing 7w8 - 10.2
Wing 8w7 - 8.8

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
cool

but what does my "sexual variant" mean?

As a sexual variant, your main drive is probably for intimacy. I'm a 4w5 sx, and it is certainly true in my love life, but it's also true in my friendships. I tend to have very intense and intimate friendships and I pay waaaay more attention/relate to individuals than I do to groups. In addition, though I am a teacher, which is definitely a social variant profession, I'm drawn to hospital and hospice ministry or grief counseling, which would allow me to work on an intimate level with individuals.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
5w6 for now. Another test says 6w5. Yet another 9w1.

Stay tuned :blink: I voted before I took this test.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8w9..."the Bear" >__>

sx/so/sp

The velvet glove over the iron fist.

Crabapple

MBTI Type
INFJ
Okay. I said before that I am a INFJ.
I'm also a 6w5. What the heck does 6w5 mean? Off I go to look it up...
But I'd appreciate a little help.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Okay. I said before that I am a INFJ.
I'm also a 6w5. What the heck does 6w5 mean? Off I go to look it up...
But I'd appreciate a little help.
In a nutshell, the enneagram has varied aspects but for the basics, you have a core type,numbered 1-9. You also have residue of one of the adjacent numbers to the core type (i.e., core 6 has 5 or 7 wing (some theorist believe you can have both). The wing makes for a different type of 6. Also not to convalute the response, E6s vacillate between phobic or counter-phobic. Depending on who you read, some believe you are one or the other, whereas most enthusiasts believe it's a constant vacillating which makes the type so complicated. I won't even attempt to describe the variants (sp/sx/so), the levels of health and integrating to 9 or disintegrating to 3. Thomas Condon describes 6w5 as:
Sixes with a 5 wing are generally introverted and somewhat intellectual. When healthy, they often have many realms of interest as well as surprising competencies and skills. May have an original and idiosyncratic point of view. Can be bookish; some are interested in history or feel rooted in the past or related to a long tradition. Also good at predicting the future. May test potential friends for a long time but once you're in, you're in - a friend for life.

When more entranced, they may project a willed remoteness. Have a "tip of the iceberg" quality - they show little but you sense hidden dimensions, intensity and activity. Tension between needing to be seen and withdrawing for protection. Might act arrogant or cryptic or cynical when afraid.

When phobic, can be diplomatic and say things without saying them. Entranced counterphobics are either cool and loners or argumentative, tending towards violence. Can brood over injustices to them, entertain conspiracy theories, spend time alone building cases. Paranoia in private. May like secretive behind-the-scenes group activity. Sneaky vengeance, passive/aggressive toward others, self-attacking and self-destructive at home.
Hope that helps a little.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I might be a 5w4.
Or maybe a 4w5

I don't really relate to any of the descriptions entirely.

Last edited:

Usehername

On a mission
I'm a 5w6, but does anyone have a really good online reference for the descriptions? I feel like there isn't a comparison for MBTI type descriptions to Enneagram. I'm too cheap to go out and read up on it.

MerkW

Frankly, even though I voted for 5w4, I am actually not entirely sure whether I am a w4 or a w6. I once took a rather long enneagram test stating that my wings were, for the most part, balanced, yet I did still display a preference for w4. I know this has been discussed, but are there any fool-proof ways to figure out one's enneagram wing? Any precise ways to distinguish them?