• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Your enneagram type

My Enneagram type is:

• Total voters

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anybody care to interpret what the wing results mean? I am consistently getting:

Type 1 - 12.7
Type 8 - 7.7
Type 5 - 7.7
Type 9 - 4.7
Type 2 - 3

Wing 1w9 - 15.1
Wing 1w2 - 14.2
Wing 9w1 - 11.1
Wing 8w7 - 10.2
Wing 8w9 - 10.1
Wing 2w1 - 9.4
Wing 5w6 - 9.1
Wing 9w8 - 8.6
Wing 5w4 - 8.6
Wing 2w3 - 5.9

If this is the wrong thread please move or delete my post.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Anybody care to interpret what the wing results mean? I am consistently getting:

Type 1 - 12.7
Type 8 - 7.7
Type 5 - 7.7
Type 9 - 4.7
Type 2 - 3

Wing 1w9 - 15.1
Wing 1w2 - 14.2
Wing 9w1 - 11.1
Wing 8w7 - 10.2
Wing 8w9 - 10.1
Wing 2w1 - 9.4
Wing 5w6 - 9.1
Wing 9w8 - 8.6
Wing 5w4 - 8.6
Wing 2w3 - 5.9

If this is the wrong thread please move or delete my post.

You're interestingly a 1w9 which is a very common enneagram for ISTJ. However, you could be an INTJ who seems ISTJ-ish because of your enneagram, just as I know an ISTJ who has EXTREMELY WELL DEVELOPED Fi...and it's partly because (or seems that way because) he's a 9w1, which is a more common type for IxFx.

Your high score on Rationalist would suggest INTJ, but you still may want to look more into the Ni vs. Si type descriptions and/or read about Keirsey Rationals versus Guardians.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're interestingly a 1w9 which is a very common enneagram for ISTJ. However, you could be an INTJ who seems ISTJ-ish because of your enneagram, just as I know an ISTJ who has EXTREMELY WELL DEVELOPED Fi...and it's partly because (or seems that way because) he's a 9w1, which is a more common type for IxFx.

Your high score on Rationalist would suggest INTJ, but you still may want to look more into the Ni vs. Si type descriptions and/or read about Keirsey Rationals versus Guardians.

Thank you for looking at this. I am more than happy with leaving an x classification for I don't fully fit one category or perhaps I should say exclusively. The downside is I can not enter either the ISTJ or INTJ private forums with that type. I do notice that the 1 8 and 5 enneagram identify with me in many areas (not just positive ones), and they are the only 3 results I ever get. I will read about Rationals vs. Guardians.
I have also been intrigued by the fact that when with my children my behavior toward them is a very different personality type. Not so much with my wife... she is old enough to know better - insert smiley face.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thank you for looking at this. I am more than happy with leaving an x classification for I don't fully fit one category or perhaps I should say exclusively. The downside is I can not enter either the ISTJ or INTJ private forums with that type. I do notice that the 1 8 and 5 enneagram identify with me in many areas (not just positive ones), and they are the only 3 results I ever get. I will read about Rationals vs. Guardians.
I have also been intrigued by the fact that when with my children my behavior toward them is a very different personality type. Not so much with my wife... she is old enough to know better - insert smiley face.

It can be difficult to tell in some people because IxTJs share similar qualities because of the aux Te and Tert Fi. There's the inner emo flame that they protect behind a Te wall, and ISTJs can even have a similar sarcastic, dark sense of humor that INTJs are often stereotyped as having. Though in my experience (this is going to sound super bad) INTJs seem more likely to be truly egomaniacal or they are darker when unhealthy*...while ISTJ probably still cares about his community, or at least puts on "the nice face" even if he doesn't especially like people on the inside. Then again, some INTJs also learn a certain functional politeness as they age, but I think ISTJs grasp it younger because of being more present in the physical world.

The ISTJ I am closest to actually shares many qualities attributed to INTJs, which is one of the reasons I knew he was ISTJ not ISFJ...but he's DEFINTELY an S. He was most certain of ISJ, while you're most certain of ITJ.

Would you say you care more strongly about external order and a sense of duty to regulating your environment in some way, or do you care more about mostly relegating this need for organization to theoretical concepts while priding yourself at being able to look at a singular idea or object from varying perspectives?

*Please don't take offense to this. Usually INTJs seem to be proud of that quality on some level.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
I get e 5 on tests and this particular test pegged me as a 5w6 sp.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It can be difficult to tell in some people because IxTJs share similar qualities because of the aux Te and Tert Fi. There's the inner emo flame that they protect behind a Te wall, and ISTJs can even have a similar sarcastic, dark sense of humor that INTJs are often stereotyped as having. Though in my experience (this is going to sound super bad) INTJs seem more likely to be truly egomaniacal or they are darker when unhealthy...while ISTJ probably still cares about his community, or at least puts on "the nice face" even if he doesn't especially like people on the inside. Then again, some INTJs also learn a certain functional politeness as they age, but I think ISTJs grasp it younger because of being more present in the physical world.

Sounds like I was very INTJ as a young man - in the darker, more unhealthy, deeply scornful of people way. My experiences and my faith have helped me away from that and closer to the ISTJ - don't have to like them but serve and protect them anyway line.

The ISTJ I am closest to actually shares many qualities attributed to INTJs, which is one of the reasons I knew he was ISTJ not ISFJ...but he's DEFINTELY an S. He was most certain of ISJ, while you're most certain of ITJ.

Would you say you care more strongly about external order and a sense of duty to regulating your environment in some way, or do you care more about mostly relegating this need for organization to theoretical concepts while priding yourself at being able to look at a singular idea or object from varying perspectives?

Well if by external order you mean putting all of my things in their place, arranging my bookshelves topically (or alpha by topic), evenly spaced clothes hangers, etc. and duty to the selfless protection of the clueless masses from the dangers they don't see, then yes. However, most of this stems from the fact that I have taken every idea, concern, thought, forethought, etc. and studied them from every aspect I can imagine and then secretly present those ideas to other personality types to see if I can glean new knowledge or insight from the interaction before applying them experimentally to the real world, then yes. So people often think I am full of myself or condescending because when I voice my opinion I expect folks to think about it and agree, I guess they don't realize I start working on the idea long before it becomes a topic of discussion.

Sorry if this seems disjointed, I find it difficult to follow a thought with such a small quick reply window.

Last edited:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get e 5 on tests and this particular test pegged me as a 5w6 sp.

I can see that, from what you choose to reveal about yourself on the forum. I didn't like my instinctual score on that test, and treat that part of it with a grain of salt. Ocean-moonshine.net has Instinctual descriptions, not tests, and they are very extremely awesome. Don't you seem to yourself a little more on the Sx side?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well if by external order you mean putting all of my things in their place, arranging my bookshelves topically (or alpha by topic), evenly spaced clothes hangers, etc. and duty to the selfless protection of the clueless masses from the dangers they don't see, then yes. However, most of this stems from the fact that I have taken every idea, concern, thought, forethought, etc. and studied them from every aspect I can imagine and then secretly present those ideas to other personality types to see if I can glean new knowledge or insight from the interaction before applying them experimentally to the real world, then yes. So people often think I am full of myself or condescending because when I voice my opinion I expect folks to think about it and agree, I guess they don't realize I start working on the idea long before it becomes a topic of discussion.

Sorry if this seems disjointed, I find it difficult to follow a thought with such a small quick reply window.

Re red: ISTJs can be deeply scornful of people but still...have concerns...like "the community should be this way." We need order. Let me fix this. Let me save the underdog. There is a proper and "right" way for this to be...even if they are more negative or unhealthy, the ISTJ can have this underlying contempt that they might express privately with friends or release through trolling madly on the Internet, or even just quietly keep to themselves with solemn stern look on their faces, but for some reason in most of them it never completely overrides their sense of duty to the people they actually value or are loyal to, and their commitment to their ideals of the way things should be, or the way it is respectful to behave in certain scenarios, or whatever.

ISTJs can also be cautious about forming strong opinions. They tend to research stuff madly, collecting facts in depth about a particular subject (or subjects) that interests them, and want to reference back to these facts rather than speculating too much, while the INTJ may theorize more or attempt to dissect "the underlying meaning."

I've found some ISTJs and INTJs to be equally condescending in their carefully formed opinion, lol.

Honestly, I'm not certain which you are because you seem like a mix of both. I honestly want to lean toward ISTJ, but that could be wrong, simply because you're speaking of your "selfless protection of the clueless masses from the dangers they don't see."

Like I said, if you have time, read Si and Ni, and study the different temperaments. Good luck with finding your type. :)

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...sarcastic, dark sense of humor that INTJs are often stereotyped as having. Though in my experience (this is going to sound super bad) INTJs seem more likely to be truly egomaniacal or they are darker when unhealthy*...
*Please don't take offense to this. Usually INTJs seem to be proud of that quality on some level.

M. Dearest. I just noticed this bit. Two things, 1 - you should never use blanket apologies, they make people seem indecisive and weak, you appear to be neither. 2 - I take very little offense at anything, especially on the internet, hurt feelings would make me seem indecisive and weak, I try to appear to be neither.

Seems I am just "a beautiful or unique snowflake" ...shudder.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
I can see that, from what you choose to reveal about yourself on the forum. I didn't like my instinctual score on that test, and treat that part of it with a grain of salt. Oceans-moonshine.net has Instinctual descriptions, not tests, and they are very extremely awesome. Don't you seem to yourself a little more on the Sx side?

Possibly. It's difficult to tell, though. I can be quite self-absorbed.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
M. Dearest. I just noticed this bit. Two things, 1 - you should never use blanket apologies, they make people seem indecisive and weak, you appear to be neither. 2 - I take very little offense at anything, especially on the internet, hurt feelings would make me seem indecisive and weak, I try to appear to be neither.

Seems I am just "a beautiful or unique snowflake" ...shudder.

lol, ok...You're definitely IxTJ, that much I know for sure!

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will continue reading, thanks for your help and time. I am glad I joined the forum.

"...trolling madly on the Internet" that got a good chuckle out of me (well, more of a smirk).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
M. Dearest. I just noticed this bit. Two things, 1 - you should never use blanket apologies, they make people seem indecisive and weak, you appear to be neither. 2 - I take very little offense at anything, especially on the internet, hurt feelings would make me seem indecisive and weak, I try to appear to be neither..

No good deed goes unpunished!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Possibly. It's difficult to tell, though. I can be quite self-absorbed.

Sorry, but that's not an instinctual trait of the type 5. I searched the stackings page of the type 5 and that one wasn't listed there.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
Sorry, but that's not an instinctual trait of the type 5. I searched the stackings page of the type 5 and that one wasn't listed there.

What, self-absorbed? No, what I meant was that I may be sx dom - I'm seeing that now that I'm in a good relationship - but it's difficult to tell as I was very socially isolated for a long time and still am to an extent and it's been all about me and just making it through the day.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What, self-absorbed? No, what I meant was that I may be sx dom - I'm seeing that now that I'm in a good relationship - but it's difficult to tell as I was very socially isolated for a long time and still am to an extent and it's been all about me and just making it through the day.

In that case, I would have to say the Sp was correct. However, I suspect that the test always gives a type 5 an Sp. I think you have Sx second.

From http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e142...er_op=view_page&PAGE_id=33&MMN_position=86:80

-Self-pres/Sexual

This subtype, like the self-pres/social, is more typical of the depictions of type Five. The self-preservational instinct accentuates the self-contained, withdrawing tendencies of the Five. Fives of this subtype love their time alone with a passion, and pursue it more actively even than the other subtype of self-pres Five, although with the sexual instinct second, they often want to find time for intimates as well. On the down side, they have more disdain for people and little use for the social aspects of life. They want to be left alone or they want to share their inner world with their intimates. The intensity of the sexual instinct is reserved for their intimates and even there it is sporadic. The self-pres energy gives this subtype a solid foundation and some degree of practicality.

These Fives are conflicted when it comes to experiencing and expressing emotions. They usually default to emotional repression and to detached intellectual analysis. This is a dynamic common to all Fives, but with the self-pres/sexual instinctual stacking, the balance of these forces is pretty precarious and it seems as though the scales are being constantly adjusted one way or another. As the social instinct is the least developed, the social arena gets the drier more intellectual approach almost by default.-

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
9w8 sx/sp

I'm not sure its a standard ISTP answer. Maybe we are supposed to be 7s. I'm not really sure 9 covers my personality adequately. It covers parts of it definitely.... but i feel like the MBTI typings are more accurate to me.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
actually i have changed my mind i think i may be sx/so.
hmmmm