• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How did you/do you figure out your stacking?

the soulless one

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I've been having loads of problems with this and am curious as to how and why you feel you are what variant you are. Like, if you are sp/sx, what about you makes you feel you best fall under that variant (as a default of being)?

Thanks in advance.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A test told me, and after reading what it meant I agreed.

P

Phantonym

A test told me, and after reading what it meant I agreed.

Yeah, same, pretty much.

I am sure about my sp but the tests sometimes give me so or sx as the second. I've settled with sp/so because from all the different descriptions I've read I can relate most to that one. Basically, I go with my gut feeling and it doesn't really matter if I'm correct or not, I just feel that one fits more than the other every time I'm having doubts and go over the descriptions again.

If you take, for example, descriptions of sp/sx and sp/so and highlight in each of them the things that you most relate to, which one stands out more?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
same

If you don't agree with the test's answers, then either pass another test that might perhaps contain better wording for you, or just accept that the test doesn't do it for you.

I never quite 'understood' all the 'pleaaassee telll mee whattt's myyy tyypeee :puppy_dog_eyes:" threads.
sissies :coffee:

P

Phantonym

I never quite 'understood' all the 'pleaaassee telll mee whattt's myyy tyypeee :puppy_dog_eyes:" threads.

Whoa, don't hold back on us now. :laugh: The "Type me" threads are actually helpful because when you start to drown in the information and everything starts to seem like rubbish, instead of taking a break you can write out your doubts and get feedback on it and maybe move forward. That kind of approach is yet another way of trying to make sense of all this. Just because you don't take that approach doesn't mean that it's useless for others. :)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
*pats sky*

you know I don't ever hold back

Little_Sticks

Yeah, well...

mooninite.jpg

the soulless one

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
^ lol
same

If you don't agree with the test's answers, then either pass another test that might perhaps contain better wording for you, or just accept that the test doesn't do it for you.

So all tests, huh. Fair enough. I tend to be extremely skeptical of such so it's interesting to see what methods people go by.

And I don't think all 'what's my type' threads are bad, but it's hard to accurately convey yourself to people online and a lot of people suggest things (me included) which aren't really logical if you could better see the inquirer, hence why I try not to make such threads, if ever (and prefer to do so after I get to know the people in the community and can get a sense if they really know what they are talking about or are full of it).

For me, on this one, though, seeing as a Five that most tests will give sp variant, though other times so or sx, I don't think they are worth relying on when the material that explains these variants are available to read and by that, I feel I and people can look at themselves and gradually arrive at a conclusion that makes sense. I tend to see tests as helpful for clues but often a quick-fix crutch at the expense of accuracy, but it's not like this stuff matters so much that people should care about accuracy.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I read the descriptions and it is to be expected that you'd relate to almost all of them. I could relate to several about 85% but the so/sp one I related to 100% and it resolved a lot of questions I had about being infp 4w5, gave me the missing piece so to speak. But a year ago, my stackings would be different so I don't know how one could 'come' to their final stacking.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read the descriptions and it is to be expected that you'd relate to almost all of them. I could relate to several about 85% but the so/sp one I related to 100% and it resolved a lot of questions I had about being infp 4w5, gave me the missing piece so to speak.
Same here. I read several descriptions of the various stackings, particularly for my type 5, and one always seemed a much better fit than the others.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I read the descriptions and none fit at all. I then read the ones specifically for 5s and they all partially fit. At this point I could be any of the stackings, but leaning towards sx last, so sp/so or so/sp. I've had more trouble with these stackings than most personality descriptors.

Edasich

Enneagram
4w5
I just knew when I read it. I love the stackings. I read on another forum that you generally tend to feel most comfortable around those with the same stacking (provided they're not psycho lol), which def rings true for me

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I suggest this site: Enneagram stackings.

Tests mostly come back with Sp as my first preference and after reading up on it I agree with that, nothing else is clear yet.

the soulless one

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I just knew when I read it. I love the stackings. I read on another forum that you generally tend to feel most comfortable around those with the same stacking (provided they're not psycho lol), which def rings true for me

I like this idea and it supports my current stacking idea for my own self. I also read on the Enneagram blogspot that stackings can shift depending on the situation and I would think in life stages. I think I am pretty balanced for the most part but find it shifts time to time, sometimes for brief periods, sometimes longer.

One of the problems with tests, such as for type 5, as someone I know pointed out, is that it's almost expected for a Five to be sp/something because Five is naturally disposed towards a self-preservational outlook while the actual stacking can be something else.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The site I linked in shows stackings by enneagram type, thus avoiding that issue. Check it out.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always test sp/sx. I've read many descriptions & it makes the most sense, especially when paired with my 4w5 type.

the soulless one

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I've read through most site descriptions and I think ocean moon-whatever is probably the best online. Going by what resonates seems to work for me the best. I can identify sx/sp five and it fits to a T.