• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

sp/so, so/sp, and sp/sx exxp

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so there are some so/sp, but it seems less common than sx/so and so/sx.

are there ANY sp/so and sp/sx? i'd guess sp/sx would be the least common of all. i imagine they would be even more rare with esp than enp, which can be kinda weird and more untenable, distant, unintelligible to others in certain social situations.

i'm particularly interested bc i think i might know an entp 7w8 sp/so and i want to know if that makes any sense/how it would work.

Seven Stacks - the enneagram ...info from the underground

G

garbage

I chuckled when I read the type Three sp/so stacking's description, which pretty much means that I identify with it to an insane degree

colma

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I was starting to wonder if I was the only sp/so stacking.. but I've seen a few others lately.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i'm particularly interested bc i think i might know an entp 7w8 sp/so and i want to know if that makes any sense/how it would work.

I'm not 100% on if I'm sp/so or sp/sx, the former is a tad more likely, in which case that would make me an ENTP 7w8 sp/so, I'm mighty pleased to meet you :cheese:

How I work? Fuck knows, I'm loopy. What part are you curious about?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
my So and Sp are generally equal in testing, sometimes one edges out the other, but it varies as to which wins :)

I'm a 7w8 ESTP :cheese:

wolfy

awsm
I'm not 100% on if I'm sp/so or sp/sx, the former is a tad more likely, in which case that would make me an ENTP 7w8 sp/so, I'm mighty pleased to meet you :cheese:

How I work? Fuck knows, I'm loopy. What part are you curious about?

my So and Sp are generally equal in testing, sometimes one edges out the other, but it varies as to which wins :)

I've noticed a distinct pattern in the posting patterns of the ETP 7w8 :cheese:

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am SP/SO. However, the instinctual variants will vary based on each point on the Enneagram. For example, an SP/SO point 4 will be different than an SP/SO type 8. (SP point 4 is "Dauntless," for example. The point 4 part kind of rewires the SP part...)

Also, 7w8 any stacking is "possible," so it's just a matter of understanding how it works. :)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Me too! :woot:

There are alot of ExTP 7w8 sx/so members here, us, Synarch, Jenocyde, Muhahaaaa.... :devil:

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know an ENTP 7w6 sp (I'm thinking sp/sx). He comes off as more introverted than other ENTPs and other extraverts in general that I've known. He has more of a goofy Ne and can sometimes have the feel of a very cerebral INFP. Like the 7 sp/sx description describes, he withdraws not exactly to reflect but rather the opposite: to avoid or escape issues he doesn't want to address. Despite that fault, he's very well-liked and makes friends easily; people gravitate towards him. In relationships he tends to focus intensely on whatever person he's with at the time. I've jokingly called them his "girls of the moment," and that may not be entirely fair to him since I don't think he makes a conscious decision to set these girls apart from everyone else for a period of time then gets bored and moves on. I think he just picks certain people out whom he finds interesting and directs more attention, time, and energy towards them.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm sp/so to a frighteningly accurate degree, type 5.

Self-pres/Social

In the average health range, this instinctual stacking is warm, friendly, and loyal. They need their down time and have no problem spending time alone. They actually value it very much. They feel an energy drain from people’s demands on them. This instinctual stacking is what is described in most Enneagram books. The most notable and potentially frustrating thing about people of this type is the difficulty involved in getting really close to them. While they can usually handle themselves socially, they always hold back when it comes to intensity or intimacy in a relationship which can frustrate a sexual variant type. Others are aware that there is more going on beneath the surface, but it can’t really be accessed. These Fives are masters at minimizing their needs. Even though they shy away from intense personal relationships they often have a lot of intuition about others. Their detached level of personal involvement somehow brings objectivity to their insights. They can be the most practical of the instinctual stackings.

Their issues usually revolve around demands made on their time. This can become problematic in personal relationships. This subtype has an ideal vision of what a close or romantic relationship should be, but given their concerns for protecting their space and time and lacking the instinctual drive of a strong sexual instinct, energy just doesn’t flow in that direction. Because this subtype is good at minimizing their needs they can get along fine with few relationships or without a romantic partner. With the social instinct second in the stacking, they generally do find friends or colleagues and they may even be married, but the need to maintain their own time to pursue their interests is always a point of contention.

This is why I always have a small circle of friends, but am okay going without a relationship unless the person really proves to be worth me coming out of my shell and sharing my precious free time with. And it's very rare that happens, b/c my own time is just about the most important thing in the world to me. I pretty much relate to every word of the quote above.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6

It seems like if there were any ExxP type that could be sp/so, it would be an ENTP. Of all the ExxP types, they are the least people-oriented and rely the least on people to satisfy their curiosities. Ne could easily go days just fulfilling the self's intrapersonal curiosities (sp) rather than engaging in interpersonal relationships, while Ti and weak Fe result in less of a desire to understand human emotions and social dynamics.

If an ENTP's interests do not happen to include some social aspect, then it's easy to see how an ENTP would inadvertantly refrain from developing social relationships. I guess this helps explain why ENTPs can be the least outgoing extroverts. I can envision the stereotypical mad-scientist/inventor ENTP cooped up in a laboratory for days just running experiments and sacrificing social happenings to explore his/her own wonders.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting thread. I've met a girl who's 7w8 Sp/So last night. She is interested in enneagram and told me herself that she's a self-pres 7w8. I think she's more Sp/So than Sp/Sx. 7w8 Sp/So seem very sociable, party animal and people-friendly as a general rule, even if their priority is to live a steady and organised lifestyle in order to get a pleasant lifestyle. She told me that she guessed to be 5 for the past because she's often calm and withdrawn, but since there's suffering, she escape by extroversion. I think 7w8 Sp/So are more extroverted and concerned with peoples than 7w8 Sp/Sx; Trinity seems more 7w8 Sp/Sx to me.
She's ENFJ by the way.

jiffy_pop

MBTI Type
ENTP
so there are some so/sp, but it seems less common than sx/so and so/sx.

are there ANY sp/so and sp/sx? i'd guess sp/sx would be the least common of all. i imagine they would be even more rare with esp than enp, which can be kinda weird and more untenable, distant, unintelligible to others in certain social situations.

Seven Stacks - the enneagram ...info from the underground

I am entp 7w8 sp/so and trying to understand it. The description sounds exactly right, but I am trying to make sense of it.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
7w8 Sp/So seem very sociable, party animal and people-friendly as a general rule, even if their priority is to live a steady and organised lifestyle in order to get a pleasant lifestyle. She told me that she guessed to be 5 for the past because she's often calm and withdrawn, but since there's suffering, she escape by extroversion. I think 7w8 Sp/So are more extroverted and concerned with peoples than 7w8 Sp/Sx; Trinity seems more 7w8 Sp/Sx to me.

Ya maybe. I'm pretty bad with sx though.