• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your basic motivation

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
9w8 is very close to my top match, but not because I love peace. Rather because I'm more laid-back than a human being should ever be. :laugh:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
5w6: The more I learn, the more I see a conspiracy

Works for me...

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
"The more I learn, the more I am fulfilled? The more I am at ease?"

From enneagraminstitute.com:
"There is disagreement among the various traditions of the Enneagram about whether individuals have one or two wings. Strictly speaking, everyone has two wings—in the restricted sense that both of the types adjacent to your basic type are operative in your personality since each person possesses the potentials of all nine types. However, this is not what is usually meant by "having two wings," and proponents of the so-called two-wing theory believe that both wings operate more or less equally in everyone's personality. (For example, they believe that a Nine would have roughly equal amounts of his or her Eight and One wings.)

Observation of people leads us to conclude that while the two-wing theory applies to some individuals, most people have a dominant wing. In the vast majority of people, while the so-called second wing always remains operative to some degree, the dominant wing is far more important."

To me, your proposed definition itself indicates only the basic desire of type Five. Perhaps you have balanced wings. Supposedly, it's less common, but still a valid option. I too don't resonate with one wing or the other more, especially not with the definitions OP's provided. Not say that paradox fox's perspective is inaccurate, but my perspective is that, for some people, wing-theory is not particularly useful for self-development.

So, don't fret : )

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And I still relate with both 5w4 and 5w6 all the same..curses.

Although I do like the look of 8w9.
:devil:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1w9: I want to do the right thing, and I want my relationships to be right.

ehh... I think we can do better than this definition.

..."and I want my relationships to be [peaceful]".

:cheese:

I admit I'm a complete harmonizer when it comes down to relationships I highly value, or people whom I think are interesting. I don't like negative baggage -- instead I deal with it by trying to synchronize myself with the other person, or gently/calmly talk to them.

Sometimes, during interpersonal conflicts, that behavior drives certain individuals nuts: like a 4w5 friend who really wanted to know how angry I felt -- [no kidding, I was practically ready to sock him in the jaw] --, but I insisted that I had to "think things through" before I can share them. By the time I did, the anger had already dissipated. Whoops. :D But it DROVE him mad how I had trouble revealing my raw feelings without being diplomatic and cool-headed, even to the point of appearing stone-faced. I think many fours tend to strive on that in-the-moment, intense passion: the more expressive I am, the better they respond to my reaction. Hmmm, how intriguing. :)

=========

This is also very descriptive (of the 1w9, IMO):

I think 9s are less focused on their relationships and just wanting peace in general (maybe if you're a 1w9 so/sp you'd say peaceful relationships). so to remove the instinctual bias:

1w9: I want to do the right thing, and still maintain rigid serenity.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1w9: I want to do the right thing, and still maintain rigid serenity.

Good word choice. Serenity, I like that. Sounds very fluid and calming. :yes: Yet "rigid" sounds too forced, and slightly biased towards one of the instincts, the 9 or Fe. I'm a little too 'let live' for that, and prefer the serenity to arrive on its own with some carefully placed encouragement if needed. Peace or serenity is better achieved when everyone/thing wants it, not just me. Arguing for harmony (self or group) isn't my style.

Take out the rigid, and I think it's a perfect description. (We can still be 'rigid' about the right things, though "serenity" may not fall under that category for certain 1w9s.)

I think 9s are less focused on their relationships and just wanting peace in general (maybe if you're a 1w9 so/sp you'd say peaceful relationships).

I'd say the nine SO, is the most likely to want peace in general -- SP would be for the solitary activities/environment and the SX would be aware of their relationships, and the chemistry between those interactions.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought about Enneagrams the other day, about what their core motivations were and what the wing implies, in a nutshell. Most of it I'm not sure of, but this is what I came up with.

1w9: I want to do the right thing, and I want my relationships to be right.
1w2: I want to do the right thing, so I'll try to help people the right way.
2w1: I want to help people because it's just the right thing to do.
2w3: I want to help people and be admired for it.
3w2: I want to help people through my good success.
3w4: I want to be successful for who I am.
4w3: I want to know who I am and improve who I am.
4w5: I want to learn as much as possible about who I am.
5w4: The more I learn, the more my life seems insignificant.
5w6: The more I learn, the more I see a conspiracy.
6w5: I need to learn as much as possible in order to protect myself.
6w7: I need security above all, but I secretly long for adventure.
7w6: I'm anxious for a good adventure! Anxious.
7w8: Let's have one huge badass party!
8w7: I'm a badass and I don't care who knows it!
8w9: Obey me and everything will be fine.
9w8: Let's keep everything peaceful, but don't piss me off.
9w1: I will do everything within my principles to keep my relationships peaceful.

Feel free to edit whatever's wrong. Sorry if it offends anyone. Just trying to broaden my understanding.

I'm a 7w8 but I relate to your 9w8 more.

How about this for 7w8: "I'm all about a good time just don't piss me off"

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't resonate with either 5 wing. WILL THIS CONFUSION EVER END!?!?!

Do you attach emotional value to your ideas (However logical the ideas themselves may be)?

OR

Do you attach a practical value to your ideas?

paradox fox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Good stuff guys!

Arclight: 6w5: I need to learn as much as possible because knowledge will protect me.
Litvyak: 5w6: The more I learn, the more I want to lead a conspiracy :p (I LOL'D)
Babylon Candle: 1w9: I want to do the right thing, and still maintain rigid serenity.
MDP2525: 7w8: I'm all about a good time just don't piss me off

Cool

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Do you attach emotional value to your ideas (However logical the ideas themselves may be)?

OR

Do you attach a practical value to your ideas?

Hmm, I am more concerned with practical value and elegance than any kind of emotional value from my ideas...but I don't see conspiracies everywhere :D

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3w2: I must be admired, and I can't be admired if I'am not essential to peoples.
3w4: I must be admired, and I can't be admired if I'am banal and not unique.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hmm, I am more concerned with practical value and elegance than any kind of emotional value from my ideas...but I don't see conspiracies everywhere :D

Yeah, but by the same token not all 1's are OCD control freaks, all 8's aren't CEO wife beaters and all fours aren't suicidal poets. The conspiracy thing is an unhealthy caricature of 5w6. Rather than crazy, maybe you're just not as trusting as the average bear. Didn't you start a thread questioning the value of trust? :newwink:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yeah, but by the same token not all 1's are OCD control freaks, all 8's aren't CEO wife beaters and all fours aren't suicidal poets. The conspiracy thing is an unhealthy caricature of 5w6. Rather than crazy, maybe you're just not as trusting as the average bear. Didn't you start a thread questioning the value of trust? :newwink:

:laugh:

You're right I did!

Are you spying on me? ;)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1w2: I want to do the right thing, so I'll try to help people the right way.
Eh - I dunno if helping people is a big motivator for me. How about...

1w2: I want to do the right thing, and hopefully no one will dislike me in the process.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are'nt you a 6w7, EJCC?