• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your enneagram type is ..... ?

Please vote it is anonymous

Votes: 7 5.9%

Votes: 6 5.0%

Votes: 3 2.5%

Votes: 24 20.2%

Votes: 32 26.9%

Votes: 3 2.5%

Votes: 12 10.1%

Votes: 9 7.6%

Votes: 14 11.8%
  • I don't know

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters
G

garbage

reasons, need reasons

I've tended to..
  • hate asking for help with pretty much anything
  • be a perfectionist with respect to my projects
  • take on lots and lots of responsibility
  • perfect my time management and organization skills, because that's the only way I could take on lots of responsibility and actually survive
  • read people like books and naturally just tell them what they want to hear
  • take on completely the opposite course of action when something doesn't work
  • serve as a mentor to other people, sometimes to the point of taking their problems on myself
  • seek admiration and external validation
  • want to eliminate pretty much any and every weakness I see in myself, and I end up seeing a lot of them (see: the list above)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am a 4.5 because:

Dynamics of Type 4: Romantic
World View: Something's missing. Others have it. I'm different from them because I don't.
Basic Desire: to understand self
Basic Fear: of being defective

Dynamics of Type 5: Thinker
World View: The world is invasive and confusing. I need privacy to think.
Basic Desire: to understand the world
Basic Fear: of being overwhelmed by the world

I relate to both of these very well, and very equally.

And the longer descriptions for these types, I only relate to moderately (less than with MBTI), but moderately about equal.

I sometimes say that I am a 5 simply because:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 42%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 41%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 45%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 44%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||| 67%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 57%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 61%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 47%

This test I took a while back said so, lol.

So I'll just poll as 5 for now.

And I have no wings anyway, for now. I cannot escape gravity and I am too caffeine sensitive for Red Bull.... I do have a strong 8 "soul child" thing though.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Took the Enneagram test on Similar Minds.com:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 41%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||| 51%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||| 57%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 38%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 44%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 52%

I took a couple Enneagram tests a couple times over to see if I got consistent results, and it seems like at the moment I'm a 4. Whenever I'm at a healthy state, I can mimic a 1. I do have 1 tendencies where I strongly believe in integrity and morality, but at the same time, I'm very sensitive, whether I like it or not. Reasons why I think I'm more 4 than 1:
- Sensitive to harsh critique from people who mean a lot to me.
- Feeling misunderstood.
- When under stress, I tend to withdraw, resort to fantasy.
- Musical moods change like the wind. Deep sense of creativity. Artist to the core, despite being keen on science.
- Felt out of place since day one, but don't want to lose my individuality.
- Chemistry teacher once said "You are your own person", hence more evidence of individualism.
- When I was younger, was prone to self-pity.
- Tendency to get jealous when significant others are dancing with other girls. I try not to get jealous, though.
- Hopeless romantic. Been that way for years.
- Felt like there's been something missing in my life.
- Fear of being defective for sure... not necessarily "imperfect" but more like a throwaway.
- Despite the fact I'm not a materialist, I'm attracted to upscale/sophisticated things.
- I think that melancholy/ sadness is a part of life that makes happiness much more meaningful.
- I'm drawn to artists/ musicians that set themselves apart from others.

I think I've got a 5 wing, because I tend to rationalize my emotions, and am more on the intellectual side.

When I'm at my best though, I can come across as a 1.

Last edited:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took an online test someone on this site recommended and scored Type 2 :headphne:

Edit*

OH RIGHT, I'm supposed to add WHY I think so. :doh:

1) Because the test said so :p
2) Seems to fit me right. I derive a lot of my own value from how useful and dependable I am to other people.

Last edited:

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
4:smile:

"You want to be gifted, intuitive, original and unique. Your idealized image is that you are accomplished and special.

Motivated by the need to understand and to be understood, you desire experiences that are rich with feeling and meaning. A true humanitarian, you have a natural passion for protest.

At times intense and contrary, you are not afraid to think for yourself and voice your point of view.

You need be seen as artistic, gifted and accomplished. You focus on your individuality and on carving your own distinct image.

You avoid feeling lost, disorientated and without personal significance, meaning or direction. You also avoid appearing inadequate, defective or flawed.

Your greatest strengths are your deep intuition, creativity and ability to transform painful life experiences into opportunities for profound growth and healing. This enables you to identify what is missing, and like a knight on a quest, you search until you find it or create it.

Your vice is envy. You’re always worrying that others may have gotten a better deal than you or are being recognized while your talents are being overlooked.

Capable of being emotionally manipulating or overly critical..."

Plus 5:huh:

"You want to be intelligent, informed, knowledgeable and perceptive. More importantly, you want to be self-sufficient and not have the entanglements of obligation. You see yourself as intellectual, dispassionate and investigative. You would like others to see you as rational, logical and scholarly. Your idealized image is that you are thoughtful and wise.

You have an inquisitive and observant nature with an insatiable appetite for information. You think things through before offering your perceptive insights regarding systems, people or how the world works.

Your map of the world is a mental construct, not the actual territory. For deeper knowing, remember to include your feelings as they yield important information in any equation. As a rule, you believe that there is always more that can be learned, known and understood. It is helpful to recognize when you know enough to make a decision."

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
9 (I test that way most often).

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I bet you're a 9, they often confuse themselves with 4's and 9 under stress moves to 6. But I don't actually know you as well as you do so I admit I am probably way off base. :blush:

I scored 9 at one point.. and I thought it fit pretty well. I do intend to take all the tests again once I feel I am in a more healthy and confident state.
So who knows???

P

Phantonym

I'm a 4.

What makes you think you are the type you think you are ?

Initially the test scores. I test as a 5 quite frequently as well but something in the descriptions just doesn't fit, it doesn't feel quite right. I don't trust test scores that much to put all my faith on them. So, reading up on the 4 and 4w5 descriptions and watching the videos on YouTube and whatever, reading about other people's experiences, I can see so much of myself in there, especially the negative and unhealthy traits (I'm prone to dwell on them more than on the positive sides so that I could help myself learn from them and progress), that it's almost uncomfortable. None of the other descriptions I've read from a multitude of sources fit me quite as much as a 4. Simple as that.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I honestly don't know what my enneagram is. I score similar on 1, 4, 9, 5... I identify with them all on some level, and don't identify with them all on some level as well. I do know that I am sx / sp / so.

As to my actual number? I have no idea. It sort of bothers me that I cannot grasp the necessary perspective. :laugh:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
My strong principles, sense of right and wrong, my permanent strive for perfection, and my issues on anger management (although I´m good at hiding them from the public) makes me assume I´m a type 1.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Number two.
I know i have to help others, it's innate. Even as a small child i was the same. Weather it's inspiring others, talking/teaching or physical...it's there. I always sided with the under dog except in extream cases of moral wrong doing (in my personal set of morals).