• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Tritype Question

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My tritype is definitely 5-1-4 (my test results for the Enneagram suggest 5-9-4, but all the people that know would agree that I'm not as laid-back and passive-agressive at this type).

My question is, if you add the wings to each type, are you able to use the 5 wing on the 4 part of the tritype? As in 5w4-1w9-4w5... or would it have to be a 4w3 at the end? Having a 5w4 and 4w5 in the tritype just seems a bit weird, so anyone who is wiser with the Enneagram than I might be able to help me. Cheers.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My tritype is definitely 5-1-4 (my test results for the Enneagram suggest 5-9-4, but all the people that know would agree that I'm not as laid-back and passive-agressive at this type).

My question is, if you add the wings to each type, are you able to use the 5 wing on the 4 part of the tritype? As in 5w4-1w9-4w5... or would it have to be a 4w3 at the end? Having a 5w4 and 4w5 in the tritype just seems a bit weird, so anyone who is wiser with the Enneagram than I might be able to help me. Cheers.

I never thought about that possibility. I've read a little bit, and from what I remember, the wings on these tritypes are based (at least at first) on whatever you score highest on. Specifying these wings seems kind of trivial to me, I found it kind of hard to even find deep/useful information about tritypes, let alone specific rules about tritype wings...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm not familiar with the tritype...more info?

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
i'm not familiar with the tritype...more info?

There are three triads: instinctual, head, heart.

The tritype is a more specific typing because it takes your preferred style from each triad (since we all use a style from each triad at some point) and puts it in order of preference. I am a 6, but my tritype is 6-4-9 (So when I am in instinctual mode I act like a 9, when I am using my heart I act like a 4, etc). I never cared for tritypes, I think each type has connections to other types, and the Enneagram allows for so much movement that it seems unnecessary.

Edit: this may help :)

Enneagram Tritype

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ

The wing doesn't change despite that it looks weird. This may make you reconsider your tritype, but you seem very sure anyway. Including the wing creates an annoying overlap problem, which is another reason why I mistrust this notion of tritypes.

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The wing doesn't change despite that it looks weird. This may make you reconsider your tritype, but you seem very sure anyway. Including the wing creates an annoying overlap problem, which is another reason why I mistrust this notion of tritypes.

I'm not really that sure actually... basically, Tritype fiends claim that you need to know your full type plus instinctual stacking to know your tritype... my type is 5w4 and my stacking is sp/so/sx, and on the Tritype pages that suggests either 5-1-4 or 5-9-2. The 5-1-4 sounds like me at home, but when I'm with friends I'm much more laid-back like the 5-9-4.

Goddamn Enneagram messing with my head.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i looked a bit online but couldn't find any free tritype tests..seems interesting tho. where should i look?

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
i looked a bit online but couldn't find any free tritype tests..seems interesting tho. where should i look?

The Crossroads • View topic - [Enneagram] Type 1 Tritype
The Crossroads • View topic - [Enneagram] Type 5 Tritype
They are the only ones I have found online, and they're only for 1's and 5's, as you can see. I'm not sure about tests either; I basically just drew from my 3 highest Enneagram scores (5, 9 and 4 respectively), and then adjusted accordingly when I realised that I'm not laid-back enough to be a 9.

EDIT: Just overlooked the instinctual variants while sober and realised that I'm probably sx/sp. This could probably change the tritype too. Argh. The tritype page suggests 5-8-4, and I really can see it. I suppose ya'll might as well let this thread die.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
your 3 highest scores? hmm...okay thanks.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh yeah? interesting....off to find a test thanks :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay...so 7-8-9 are my highest. are they different triads?

edit: sorry bad habit...looking it up :)

hmm...so 7-2-9 ?? wth does it mean? haha

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Well, seeing as there aren't any type 7 tritype descriptions online you'll just have you assume that you're a generous and peaceful Type Seven, lol.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ

All you do is just kind of colour your main type with tinges of your other two. It's not that exact, because there really aren't many tritype descriptions, and the ones that do exist aren't done by credible authors.

Also, since your 8 is higher than your 9 and your 2 it would go 7-8-2. (8 is in the gut triad). This means you are a very expansive, generous, boisterous 7 with a big heart. Kind of a larger-than-life person who takes care of her own and likes to have fun. Sort of, this would be my description.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All you do is just kind of colour your main type with tinges of your other two. It's not that exact, because there really aren't many tritype descriptions, and the ones that do exist aren't done by credible authors.

Also, since your 8 is higher than your 9 and your 2 it would go 7-8-2. (8 is in the gut triad). This means you are a very expansive, generous, boisterous 7 with a big heart. Kind of a larger-than-life person who takes care of her own and likes to have fun. Sort of, this would be my description.

thanks for that but apparently 9 is higher than 8 so...pretty much you just read all three and combine it? not much info on it.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
thanks for that but apparently 9 is higher than 8 so...pretty much you just read all three and combine it? not much info on it.

Oh I thought you said earlier you scored higher on 8. Sorry. Yeah you just combine them, tritypes are kind of an unnecessary add-on; that's why it's hard to find much about them.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah thanks...i was confusing it with the wings i think being either 8 or 6...omg whatever! haha thanks :D

jeanlee411

MBTI Type
jean
Enneagram
jean
I accept with information:

My question is, if you add the wings to each type, are you able to use the 5 wing on the 4 part of the tritype? As in 5w4-1w9-4w5... or would it have to be a 4w3 at the end? Having a 5w4 and 4w5 in the tritype just seems a bit weird, so anyone who is wiser with the Enneagram than I might be able to help me. Cheers