• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

my enneagra, results...

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Type 4 - 11.7
Type 3 - 11.3
Type 6 - 11
Type 7 - 9.3
Type 2 - 9.3
Type 9 - 8.3
Type 5 - 2.3

and then round 2...

Wing 4w3 - 17.4
Wing 3w4 - 17.2
Wing 3w2 - 16
Wing 6w7 - 15.7

my first three numbers were so close. how do I figure out what I am??

also, sorry for my spelling lol i never proof readdd

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well you said before that you agreed with the heart triad; and from these results you are obviously a 3w4 or 4w3.

Here is a quote from the enneagram institute on 3 vs 4-

Here also, misidentifications are probably the result of confusion over wing versus dominant type: 3w4 and 4w3. The primary difference between these types can be seen in their relationship with their emotional life. Threes tend to focus on task, on efficiency, on performance. Of course, Threes have feelings, but as much as possible, they put them on the backburner whenever there are things to get done—and with many Threes, that is most of the time. As Threes become less healthy, they increasingly see their own feelings as "speed bumps"–annoyances that must be dealt with but which interfere with their effectiveness. Threes want to get their goals accomplished, and then, time permitting, process their feelings.

Fours are almost the exact opposite. Naturally, Fours want to accomplish things too, but when difficult feelings arise, Fours want to stop what they are doing and process them before returning to their tasks. The less healthy the Four, the more he or she will need lots of time to sort through troubling feelings and reactions. Threes can see the Four's preoccupation with sorting feelings as unprofessional and immature. Fours can see the Three's obsession with performance as inauthentic and shallow.

It is far more common for Threes to mistype as Fours than vice versa. This is especially true for Threes who grew up in families in which artistic self-expression was particularly valued. They may mistakenly believe that only Fours are creative, while failing to recognize that there have been many noted artists who are Threes.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
how I act
& what I want to act like

are very different.

which is more important?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How you act. But I think that thinking about how you WANT to act is 3ish more than anything. :cheese:

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
why I think I'm more of a 4w3: It is hard for me to put my feelings aside, I need to feel them & process them... usually. Creativity appeals very much to me. I'm very, very sensitive.

why I think I'm more of a 3w4: I will do whatever it takes to get my way. Success is of extreme importance. I derive great satisfaction from feeling admired.

but in the end, its all this

My percievingness has made me put fun, games, and emotions before my ambitions. But that isnt to say I'm not a good full time student with two jobs, and internship, and a regular gym schedule and who just submitted her application to be art history club president.... i wish i was a GREAT student. I wish my GPA was higher. I could be more athletetic. these things annoy me.

something inside of me is very, very frustrated by that and wants me to make them equal. but I also pride myself on my creativity.

and these silly tests tend to ask if I think I'm smarter than most other people... well, I certainly have more depth than many people I know. But I wish Iwas happier like other people too :(

which does this sound more like?

Neither type describes me as effectively as my ENFP profile does. am I too in the middle here?

I dont know.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
wow this is the most honest and open I may have ever been in my life :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You sound like a 3w4 definitely! :D It's cool that you were open like that.

Here's the important part though... why do those things annoy you about yourself? Why do you want to be that way?

G

garbage

My percievingness has made me put fun, games, and emotions before my ambitions. But that isnt to say I'm not a good full time student with two jobs, and internship, and a regular gym schedule and who just submitted her application to be art history club president.... i wish i was a GREAT student. I wish my GPA was higher. I could be more athletetic. these things annoy me.

ahahaha this is so much like me :hug:

It's like.. everything you do just feels like it can be so much better. Excellence is barely adequate. If someone else is doing something that you're not, it triggers something that tells you that you should be doing that thing, too.

My journal has quite a few entries where it's just me telling myself the things that I "should" be doing and getting depressed over it. My typology video expresses that sentiment, too.

It's gotten a lot better recently, but that nagging feeling is still there.

:doh:

So, yeah. Maybe that resonates with you, too. We might be in this one together :cheers:

Neither type describes me as effectively as my ENFP profile does. am I too in the middle here?

I dont know.

Could be possible. And that's perfectly fine.. just something to accept as a possibility.

It's the opposite for me; MBTI 'breaks down' for me--that is, multiple profiles describe me well--but other personality systems have particular profiles that describe me pretty accurately.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
You sound like a 3w4 definitely! :D It's cool that you were open like that.

Here's the important part though... why do those things annoy you about yourself? Why do you want to be that way?

Because I want to be rich and successful and admired :yes:

& because I think that being those things will make me happy

& give me more oppertunities to do the other things I want in life.. write novels, see the world, understand lifeee

and have really cute clothing :cheese:

I sound shallow, but I don't mean it in a shallow way. I feel as though I'm generally so deep that I want the shallow comforts to cover up my romantic/sad/anxious side from everyone.

again, this is very honest of me lol. 3w4 or 4w3 if you had to guess? haha

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
ahahaha this is so much like me :hug:

It's like.. everything you do just feels like it can be so much better. Excellence is barely adequate. If someone else is doing something that you're not, it triggers something that tells you that you should be doing that thing, too.

My journal has quite a few entries where it's just me telling myself the things that I "should" be doing and getting depressed over it. My typology video expresses that sentiment, too.

It's gotten a lot better recently, but that nagging feeling is still there.

:doh:

So, yeah. Maybe that resonates with you, too. We might be in this one together :cheers:

Could be possible. And that's perfectly fine.. just something to accept as a possibility.

It's the opposite for me; MBTI 'breaks down' for me--that is, multiple profiles describe me well--but other personality systems have particular profiles that describe me pretty accurately.

YESSSS! I entirely relate. and if someone does more than me, I feel horrible about myself. I'm envious of others in that I'm critical of myself

and my diary is actually the same way, its not about my achievements, but what I SHOULD achieve. Because there's always something else to do, always someone whose doing something better, always more to improve upon :yes:

and sometimes I'm less hard on myself, but I get so anxious, I almost tested as a 6, though it really isnt me lol

and yes, I'm glad we're in this together :hug:

what MBTI type do you most associate with btw?

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3

& give me more oppertunities to do the other things I want in life.. write novels, see the world, understand lifeee

I sound shallow, but I don't mean it in a shallow way. I feel as though I'm generally so deep that I want the shallow comforts to cover up my romantic/sad/anxious side from everyone.

again, this is very honest of me lol. 3w4 or 4w3 if you had to guess? haha

and thank you all :cheese:

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
At first I thought you were a 3w4, but then I read this:

I don't want to confuse you further, but this sounds REALLY 7. They always use the superficial/external to hide and deny their sadness. Also they love opening new doors. And since 7's (7w6) are very often mistaken for 4w3's I will guess you are a 4w3. Only you can decide though :)

Enneagram is mostly about your core motivations/fixations. Here's one if you're still not sure: What's more important to you: Personal success or the appearance of personal success

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
At first I thought you were a 3w4, but then I read this:

I don't want to confuse you further, but this sounds REALLY 7. They always use the superficial/external to hide and deny their sadness. Also they love opening new doors. And since 7's (7w6) are very often mistaken for 4w3's I will guess you are a 4w3. Only you can decide though :)

Enneagram is mostly about your core motivations/fixations. Here's one if you're still not sure: What's more important to you: Personal success or the appearance of personal success

ahahaha can't I have it all? :cheese:

I don't think I'd be satisfied without both :yes: if i was successful & no one knew, I'd feel anxious

if I wasnt successful but appeared to be so, I'd know I was fake & feel anxious :yes:

and my problem with the description of 7s is that they dont process their feelings and don't like people being negative... I don't like being being quiet, but if someone is sad I wanna help!! how very 2 of me... :yes:

I want to distract myself from my feelings... both with ambition... and with new adventures... but I have so many goddamn feelings and abstract ideas and metaphors and random bouts of anxiety or sadness that I can't get rid of them all the time lol and I hate when people get impatient with me

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
"I want to receive the prize that was promised by all those fairy tales that drugged us. ♥ and who said I want love? I want it ALL."

this is my facebook about me section lol. I find it to sound rather 4w3...

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
"I want to receive the prize that was promised by all those fairy tales that drugged us. ♥ and who said I want love? I want it ALL."

this is my facebook about me section lol. I find it to sound rather 4w3...

These last 2 posts are ridiculously 7

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
ahahaha can't I have it all? :cheese:

I want to distract myself from my feelings... both with ambition... and with new adventures... but I have so many goddamn feelings and abstract ideas and metaphors and random bouts of anxiety or sadness that I can't get rid of them all the time lol and I hate when people get impatient with me

First of all "can't I have it all?" is like the 7 motto.

Secondly, 7's are always exploding with tons of feelings, ideas, sensations, new adventures at a rapid pace. They don't always escape their feelings they just try to. They are also a very anxious type, due to their mental energy.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Interesting

my own remaining issue with the sevens is the heart vs. head thing

im not exactly sure what this means

but I know I'm ruled with feelings and self expression over all else. or can 7s be ruled by this as well?

and what is the 7w6 or 6w7 description in a nutshell? I cannot find a good one!!

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
The Enneagram Blogspot: New! 4w3 vs. 7w6 - Misidentifying

Here is a great link for you to resolve the 4 vs. 7 conflict.

It is very hard to find good wing descriptions but here is a the best 6w7 description I have found:

6w7s are more insecure and look for guidance and support from others. They look for people who can supply them with the bearings necessary to handle life's obstacles. They are more self-questioning and doubt their ability to find security in the world on their own. They tend to "weigh" their opinions with others. They interact with what's around them to make sure they are on the right track. They are more open and quicker to trust others. They are enthusiastic and friendly. They are less likely to say unequivocally they are right and others are wrong. When they challenge people they rarely employ a sustained scrutiny like 6w5s do. They go out of their way to show they aren't threatening which 6w5s often consider weakness. Being tough and protective yet flexible and openly vulnerable makes them endearing and likeable. They have a talent for rallying others around them when they bring attention to someone being mistreated.

6w7s are less focused and more distractable than 6w5s. They have a disorganized all-over-the-mapness with how they get all their ideas out. They are not as worried about being imprecise as they feel relieved just to be able to empty everything they were considering out of their hyperactive mind. They hurredly put down their thoughts as fast as they can for fear of leaving something about like jotting down their dreams before they forget them. They list all their points even the most anecdotal ones just in case. They want to be on the safe side as they are never quite certain about things. While 6w7s are more scattered than 6w5s they can come up with creative ideas that may be missed by more structured thinking.

6w7s want everything around them to fit nicely with their constructed safe reality. They want to be happy and content in addition to finding something strong and stable. They externalize their ambivalence and exhibit more contradictory behavior than 6w5s. They trust either too little or too much, rarely just right. When they find safety they mistrust it as too good to be true and give off mixed signals which in turn makes others uneasy with their unpredictability. Their contradictory traits and hamster-wheeling stem from doubt of themselves which drives their need for loyalty. They have push-pull tendencies from both not wanting to feel dependent on others and also not wanting to alienate them. They want to be independent with a safety net. They aren't sure how others feel about them and periodically need to be the center of attention for fear of being abandoned. They are more like divas with their flair for the dramatic. They fear being unable to cope in life and are more likely to have a victim mentality. Unlike 6w5s the last thing they want is distance. They are more demonstrative but also more masochistic and self-hating. Even if they are wrong they just want someone to be on their side and not be judgemental. Reassurance is most effective and therefore easiest to trust. They also want empathy and understanding. Honest criticism can come later once they have stopped overreacting and cooled down. In the meantime they want others to work things through with them. If they locate the source of anxiety within themselves instead of their enviornment they start to feel grounded.

6w7s are more awed and apalled than 6w5s. They are more easily startled. They vascillate between feeling excited and catastrophic thinking. They are most prone to thinking so much they fake themselves out. When their thinking center is "short-circuited" they think they are more rational than they really are. Their cognition can cause them to feel different about others from one moment to the next, as well as fear others feel equally ambivalent about them. They can swing from very nice to very challenging and vice versa. They are more hamstrung by their anxiety and frequently feel "something just came over them". When there is hardly any danger they are surprised at how much of what is buried inside them comes out. They want badly to quell their hyperactive mind from hamsterwheeling through harmful future scenarios but nothing seems to stay reliable or predictable long enough to relax with. They are like children who are gripped by fear of their own shadows and are grateful for anyone who can set them free. When there is serious danger paradoxically everything is clear and they become calm. Going in they are anything but confident but coming out they are often surprised and proud of their bravery.

Source: More Type 6 - PersonalityCafe

And here is a similar description of 7w6:

7w6s are less grounded and more visibly anxious. They are more manic. They are much more prone to bipolar personality disorder. They are mercurial and endearing. They tend to be more amiable and friendly. They are natural peter pan types who never grow up. They are the more childlike side of seven. They are more creative and fantastical. They are more excited about life and never stop dreaming. They have an attitude of wide-eyed wonderment towards the world. They are prone to blurring the distinction between fantasy and reality. They are much more "pie in the sky" thinkers. They believe in "potential" and that is a big theme in their lives. They believe in potential in others and pockets of potential in the world. They believe the "holy grail" is out there somewhere and it's just a matter of finding it. They are more likely to chase their own tail. They lack the pragmatism and realism of their seven-wing-eight siblings.

7w6s feel more of a need to "check in" with others. Their six wing gives them a need to establish "solidarity" with people they care about. They care about how they are seen. The dense party animal stereotype offends them more. They don't like to be taken for granted as someone who is happy all the time and doesn't have problems. They want to be seen as someone who has depth of personality. They want to be seen as someone who is also "human" and can relate to how you are feeling. Their six wing causes them to be awed and apalled. They have more highs and lows. They have a good-natured sense of humor and are more natural entertainers. They tend to be funny more than they are characters.

7w6s tend to fear getting "trapped" in a rut as opposed to stuck in a rut. Their six wing makes them more likely to feel defeatism and despair. They admit to themselves the rut has "got" them in some way. They can see the walls closing in and becoming more trapped if they don't do something.

Source: More Type 7 - PersonalityCafe

Hope this helped you somewhat :)